judgement house script
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
grisgris

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Oct 1, 2009
Is the Judgement House message going to be the same this year? If you don't join the Miner Baptist church, you'll end up in hell?

Oh, I know, they'll try and pass it off as "taking Jesus Christ as your personal savior." But that translates into "sign this membership card."
shiet

Cape Girardeau, MO

#2 Oct 1, 2009
this aint no real grisgris i know that for dam n sure
hot rod

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 Oct 1, 2009
You are totally clueless. I hope you know for sure where you will spend eternity.
grisgris wrote:
Is the Judgement House message going to be the same this year? If you don't join the Miner Baptist church, you'll end up in hell?
Oh, I know, they'll try and pass it off as "taking Jesus Christ as your personal savior." But that translates into "sign this membership card."
grisgris

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Oct 1, 2009
No one "knows for sure" where they will spend eternity. Knowing and believing are not the same.

I have attended Judgement House, and this is exactly the message I came away with. Teenage brother and sister came from troubled home. Girl joins church group; boy does not. Boy dies in car crash and goes -- to hell. Girl goes -- to heaven.

What do you say the message is?
the real message

Cape Girardeau, MO

#5 Oct 1, 2009
The real message is that you accept Jesus as your Savior or you choose Satan by default. I do not want to defend Judgement House or debate you, I believe what I believe and you will also. We work very hard for Judgement House to reach out to our community so that any that want to attend may do so and hear the message in another format than a sermon. As far as this being a membership drive that is untrue as we encourage people to choose a place to worship anywhere they feel comfortable. You or anyone else would be welcome to serve the Lord with us at Miner. Other churches in our area do bring people and those people do continue to worship at their chosen church. All we really want is to let people know what the Bible teaches about Heaven and Hell and prevent as many people as possible from ending up in Hell. Sometimes we take away from an experience what we expect to, not what was intended. If you have not accepted Jesus as your Saviour I hope you will do so as soon as possible. I believe you will go to Heaven whether you attend a church or not as long as you have accepted Jesus. Good luck to you and I wish you the best. I will be praying for you as well as everyone else in our community at this time.
not really

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 Oct 1, 2009
You got the wrong message. It's not about joining any church. It's whether or not you have accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior. That is the only way to know for sure that you will go to heaven. Judgement House is about choices and a human perspective of Heaven and Hell. Where do you want to spend eternity?
grisgris wrote:
No one "knows for sure" where they will spend eternity. Knowing and believing are not the same.
I have attended Judgement House, and this is exactly the message I came away with. Teenage brother and sister came from troubled home. Girl joins church group; boy does not. Boy dies in car crash and goes -- to hell. Girl goes -- to heaven.
What do you say the message is?
grisgris

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Oct 1, 2009
So Jesus can be "accepted" without joining a church?
the real message

Cape Girardeau, MO

#8 Oct 1, 2009
Of course. There is nowhere in the Bible that says you will or will not go to Heaven based on whether you go to church. The Bible says the only way is through the acceptance of Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. Churches are a way for Christains to meet together and help each other to live a Christain Life (which is also not dependent on being in a Church) much like a support group. You will also find ways to reach out to other people like with Judgement House. Churches do have other functions but in it's most simplest form this is it.

“Follow the Cross”

Since: Aug 09

Cape Girardeau, MO

#9 Oct 1, 2009
They aren't trying to get you to join miner baptist necessarily. they want you to join a church and let God into your heart so you will spend eternity in an amazing place rather than an uncomfortable beyond uncomfortable terrible place....alone.

People turn things around and twist the ideas just to make the church look bad.
Use your time in a better manner please.
grisgris

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Oct 1, 2009
If I wanted to accept Jesus without joining a church, how would I go about doing that?
the real message

Cape Girardeau, MO

#11 Oct 1, 2009
You said you had been to Judgement House so if you remember at the end they told you a prayer to say. That is all that you need to do. I know it sounds too easy and it is. You do not have to do anything other than that. Just admit that you are a sinner (we are all born into sin) and that you believe that Jesus is the Son of God. Ask for Jesus to forgive you of your sins and come into your heart. At Judgement House they then ask you to speak with a counselor that will help you to be sure that you understand what you just did and they will ask if you have a church home. As you leave they will have you tell one of our pastors the decision you have just made. As Jesus wants you to acknowledge him. Then you leave. I hope that you are sincere and would like to make this decision as it will change your life (and your eternity). I used what happens at Judgement House as an example, you do not have to attend to do this.
itssimple

Cape Girardeau, MO

#12 Oct 1, 2009
First you must accept that you are a sinner.
Next you must believe that Jesus did die for your sins so you could be redeemed. Finally ask Jesus to come into your heart and your'e saved. It's as simple as that, no strings attached. Read your bible and attend a church if you believe its necessary, but try to grow as a christian.
Church member elsewhere

United States

#13 Oct 1, 2009
I'm neither promoting nor bashing Judgment House, but if anyone is going to say anything about anyone I want it to be accurate. That Judgment House is a membership drive for Miner simply is not true. I have been a member of two different local churches since Miner has been doing Judgment House and at both of these churches we have received decision cards from Miner every year if people indicated on them that they were from our church ... and both of my churches have been WELL within driving range of Miner. We've actually had people join our church after they got saved at Judgment House. Again, I'm neither promoting nor bashing Judgment House. I just want to give information that I know to be accurate.
grisgris

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Oct 2, 2009
Church member elsewhere wrote:
I'm neither promoting nor bashing Judgment House, but if anyone is going to say anything about anyone I want it to be accurate. That Judgment House is a membership drive for Miner simply is not true. I have been a member of two different local churches since Miner has been doing Judgment House and at both of these churches we have received decision cards from Miner every year if people indicated on them that they were from our church ... and both of my churches have been WELL within driving range of Miner. We've actually had people join our church after they got saved at Judgment House. Again, I'm neither promoting nor bashing Judgment House. I just want to give information that I know to be accurate.
Well, it is true that people who go through Judgement House are REQUIRED to fill out personal information cards and are pressured to join during a sales-pitch session at the end of the tour. Looks like a membership drive to me.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just telling it like it is. I don't know why Miner Baptist would want to deny it.
grisgris

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 2, 2009
"The real message" and "itssimple," thank you for that clarification. You cleared up a question that has always confused me.

I believe in God/Jesus, but I have never felt at home in any church I have attended. Too much politics, finger pointing, divisiveness, and negativity for me. I find inspiration in the Bible, but I don't believe it is the Word of God. And I find it excruciating to sit on a bench and be preached to by some yahoo for an hour.

So I say my prayers throughout the day, do good works, and I suffer, along with the rest of the public, through the "us against them" warnings brought down on all of us by so called pastors and ministers who have their own agendas and political connections.

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Oct 2, 2009
grisgris wrote:
"The real message" and "itssimple," thank you for that clarification. You cleared up a question that has always confused me.
I believe in God/Jesus, but I have never felt at home in any church I have attended. Too much politics, finger pointing, divisiveness, and negativity for me. I find inspiration in the Bible, but I don't believe it is the Word of God. And I find it excruciating to sit on a bench and be preached to by some yahoo for an hour.
So I say my prayers throughout the day, do good works, and I suffer, along with the rest of the public, through the "us against them" warnings brought down on all of us by so called pastors and ministers who have their own agendas and political connections.
You get out of church what you put in it. If you go to church with them kind of feelings and looking for the negative you are probably better off not to go. But if you go prayed up and ask the Lord to open your heart and mind he will.You don't have to worry about any of the pastors or ministers because you won't have to answer to God for them, just for yourself.The sad part about it is if they aren't right with God and you aren't right with God you won't be going to church with them you will be going to hell with them>
grisgris

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 2, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>You get out of church what you put in it. If you go to church with them kind of feelings and looking for the negative you are probably better off not to go. But if you go prayed up and ask the Lord to open your heart and mind he will.You don't have to worry about any of the pastors or ministers because you won't have to answer to God for them, just for yourself.The sad part about it is if they aren't right with God and you aren't right with God you won't be going to church with them you will be going to hell with them>
I am right with God, and I don't go to church, and I'm not going to hell.
yup

Cape Girardeau, MO

#18 Oct 2, 2009
Judgement House does blow. End of story
once is plenty

United States

#19 Oct 2, 2009
I am a christian...I have went to Miner Baptist...I *mostly* liked Judgement house. I didn't like the last room, where they did put the pressure on too strong. Whether it's for joining their church or whatever, if someone wanted to get saved/join the church/anything along those lines they should have a place for them to make it known, but why MAKE already saved or people that don't want to join a church, etc go through all of that? Only other thing, I have seen it probably 5 times...After the first time or two I noticed the absolute ONLY difference is the people and the accident scene...I think a little more variety would keep viewers coming back...Dunno, didn't want to bash anyone at Miner for trying to reach out to the unsaved just my opinion....

“Follow the Cross”

Since: Aug 09

Cape Girardeau, MO

#20 Nov 26, 2009
grisgris wrote:
<quoted text>
I am right with God, and I don't go to church, and I'm not going to hell.
Matthew Chapter 6 versus 5-6
5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

This seems very clear as to (remembering that synagogues are churches) that church not only is not required, but to some a problem to be avoided. It says that you should pray at home, in private, and that's good with God....seems pretty straight forward to me.
In other parts of the Bible it talks about forsaking not the gathering of yourselves together, many christians love to use this to say "see, go to church", but that's not it at all. Because Jesus said "and where two or more of you are gathered in my name so shall I be there". If you get together with a christian friend and talk about God, he's there just as much if not more so than he is in a church. Your salvation is between you and God, let him lead you not any man on Earth. If you feel led to stay out of church and do good deeds, then do it. If you feel led to go to church, then do it, he knows best not us. However it is important to remember to know yourself, and know God, because if you don't then then you have to question the direction your headed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Compassion Church?? for real?? 19 min WOW 2
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 23 min Fairydust 18,363
running for mayor? 52 min It is THE same 26
Obama was God compared to Racist Trump!!!!! 1 hr Bigbadassmf 47
Republicans are rapist and childmolesters!!!!! 1 hr Bigbadassmf 55
why so many dopehead 1 hr Kkkthugs 2
Tistheseason 1 hr Memory 1

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance