First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Proud Mom

Cape Girardeau, MO

#43 Sep 2, 2009
Supporter of Justice wrote:
<quoted text>Hooooray for Proud Mom!!! I almost fell out of my chair when I read this! It takes a strong person to be able to admit when they have been wrong. Thank you, but you need to take back what you said about Morley Swingle also. He's a damn good lawyer and prosecuting attorney. Cape is lucky to have a PA of his quality.
Sorry, can't go that far! After the case with the county official getting in trouble for looking at porn all day while the two women in the office did all the work, knew the software, etc...even stated by the guy that had the office before that they were the ones who actually fulfilled the duties of the office, Morley told them to just let it go, they shouldn't push it, hires Diane Howard to look into the case but tells them they didn't need to stir anything up (and one makes half of what the guy makes, the other one fourth..that bull)...thats just one example, Morley always has to hire an outside attorney for advice...why? No respect for him. Cape needs new blood, so tired of the good old boy network of county and city politics! Plus ever try and read one of the books he wrote? Terrible!!
jim

Saint Louis, MO

#44 Sep 3, 2009
I know he is dead now but just about everyone in the know thought he did it.
Scoop

United States

#45 Sep 5, 2009
Freewheelin Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>Well now don't that just beat all. Crazy Cooter thinks he's got the inside story about Ellison. Thanks for reminding us of what everybody already knows. You only f*^ked up on one part. Milburn was not "connected" to Ellison in any way, directly or indirectly. He had no idea that Debbie was seeing Ellison, and had not even seen Ellison since high school. BTW, I like your name "Crazy Cooter", it seems to fit well.
They were friends from school and kept in touch regurlarly from then until the jail time cam up doofus .. I know my poo ... and you f'ing well don't
Curious

Edenton, NC

#46 Sep 5, 2009
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>They were friends from school and kept in touch regurlarly from then until the jail time cam up doofus .. I know my poo ... and you f'ing well don't
Scoop up your poo and move on.
DaMan

Wood River, IL

#47 Sep 5, 2009
Scoop wrote:
<quoted text>They were friends from school and kept in touch regurlarly from then until the jail time cam up doofus .. I know my poo ... and you f'ing well don't
Prove it or shut the f*^k up, a*#hole.
Kip

Fairbanks, AK

#49 Sep 22, 2009
Guest too wrote:
First off, I don't want anyone to think I am sticking up for Max, because I believe he was an evil man and the world is better off without him, but I wanted to set the record straight...He fought cancer while in prison serving his lengthy sentence, and had it come back before being arrested this last time. Saturday, he lost that battle with cancer. The person that said he doesn't have much family left is correct, but there are a few left that had written him off and made a good life for themselves, so for their sake, can we finally let their nightmare fade? Debbie's family knows what happened to her and unfortunately didn't get to have their day in court, but I'm sure they would like to try to get their life back to some kind of normalcy, also.
OK Let me set the record straight. First off Max was not an "evil" man. Did he make bad choices in life? yes! But havent we all? His may have been bigger. And as far as family writing him off... YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! You see I am his son. Never once was he "writin" off! Max was a good man who made bad choices in life. But "evil" and the world is better off with out him! You are blowing smoke up your own as@!! If you think this, then at some point in life YOU and only YOU, let him screw you over. As far as murder, I really dont belive he did it. Do I think he knew and tried to help cover it up, yes, I do think he knew. And the crappy part is the person who did it is probably a well known person who most of you know. In fact I am 100% sure of this. And the only time this person will face up to his crime is when he dies and goes to face whatever god he worships. The reason my father supposable admitted to it was to get transported back to a jail where it would be easy for him to escape. But evil and the world is better off with out him is showing the whole world how stupid your thought process is.I have been all over the world and fought the evil mens armies, hussain and the taliban,= evil= world better off with out him/ group. But he was NEVER writin off by any of his family!!
knew him when

Wood River, IL

#50 Sep 22, 2009
Kip wrote:
<quoted text>OK Let me set the record straight. First off Max was not an "evil" man. Did he make bad choices in life? yes! But havent we all? His may have been bigger. And as far as family writing him off... YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! You see I am his son. Never once was he "writin" off! Max was a good man who made bad choices in life. But "evil" and the world is better off with out him! You are blowing smoke up your own as@!! If you think this, then at some point in life YOU and only YOU, let him screw you over. As far as murder, I really dont belive he did it. Do I think he knew and tried to help cover it up, yes, I do think he knew. And the crappy part is the person who did it is probably a well known person who most of you know. In fact I am 100% sure of this. And the only time this person will face up to his crime is when he dies and goes to face whatever god he worships. The reason my father supposable admitted to it was to get transported back to a jail where it would be easy for him to escape. But evil and the world is better off with out him is showing the whole world how stupid your thought process is.I have been all over the world and fought the evil mens armies, hussain and the taliban,= evil= world better off with out him/ group. But he was NEVER writin off by any of his family!!
If you are 100% sure that he didn't do it and you know who did, then don't you owe it to Max to come forward and tell the authorities what you know? The evidence is pretty incriminating:(1)An eye witness that testified about the relationship he had with Debbie and the testimony that she had a deal going with him,(2)The banker that testified that he showed up at his bank right after her death with eighty thousand dollars that he wanted to turn into CDs.(3)The testimony that Debbie was the only one that knew the combination of Milburn's safe besides him.(4)And then the taped confession and the testimony of the Stoddard Co. Sheriff.He would have had to have one darn good defense to counter all that. However, having said all that, You and your family have my sympathy because Max was not always a bad guy, and your mother must have seen something in him to take him back after he got out of prison.
Indiana_Bones

United States

#51 Sep 22, 2009
Kip wrote:
<quoted text>OK Let me set the record straight. First off Max was not an "evil" man. Did he make bad choices in life? yes! But havent we all? His may have been bigger. And as far as family writing him off... YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! You see I am his son. Never once was he "writin" off! Max was a good man who made bad choices in life. But "evil" and the world is better off with out him! You are blowing smoke up your own as@!! If you think this, then at some point in life YOU and only YOU, let him screw you over. As far as murder, I really dont belive he did it. Do I think he knew and tried to help cover it up, yes, I do think he knew. And the crappy part is the person who did it is probably a well known person who most of you know. In fact I am 100% sure of this. And the only time this person will face up to his crime is when he dies and goes to face whatever god he worships. The reason my father supposable admitted to it was to get transported back to a jail where it would be easy for him to escape. But evil and the world is better off with out him is showing the whole world how stupid your thought process is.I have been all over the world and fought the evil mens armies, hussain and the taliban,= evil= world better off with out him/ group. But he was NEVER writin off by any of his family!!
Hey Kip! I knew your father and went to school with him from the 7th grade on. Even though he was accused of things, and may have done some things wrong, still when it all was said and done, still I am his friend, and will always be. I know this had to have been hard on you, and for the things that were said, that probably shouldn't have... I'm sorry. I was looking at a yearbook from 1964, and your father's picture was in the lining on the back page at a dance ... we had many good times together years ago. Keep a stiff upper lip and know that there are those who understand, who care, and those who are not totally down on Max.
He changed

Wood River, IL

#52 Sep 23, 2009
Indiana_Bones wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Kip! I knew your father and went to school with him from the 7th grade on. Even though he was accused of things, and may have done some things wrong, still when it all was said and done, still I am his friend, and will always be. I know this had to have been hard on you, and for the things that were said, that probably shouldn't have... I'm sorry. I was looking at a yearbook from 1964, and your father's picture was in the lining on the back page at a dance ... we had many good times together years ago. Keep a stiff upper lip and know that there are those who understand, who care, and those who are not totally down on Max.
The Bible says, "The LOVE of money is the root of all evil". I don't know when or why Max became greedy, but greed apparently turned him into the person he became.
guest

Sikeston, MO

#53 Sep 23, 2009
Kip wrote:
<quoted text>OK Let me set the record straight. First off Max was not an "evil" man. Did he make bad choices in life? yes! But havent we all? His may have been bigger. And as far as family writing him off... YOU ARE DEAD WRONG! You see I am his son. Never once was he "writin" off! Max was a good man who made bad choices in life. But "evil" and the world is better off with out him! You are blowing smoke up your own as@!! If you think this, then at some point in life YOU and only YOU, let him screw you over. As far as murder, I really dont belive he did it. Do I think he knew and tried to help cover it up, yes, I do think he knew. And the crappy part is the person who did it is probably a well known person who most of you know. In fact I am 100% sure of this. And the only time this person will face up to his crime is when he dies and goes to face whatever god he worships. The reason my father supposable admitted to it was to get transported back to a jail where it would be easy for him to escape. But evil and the world is better off with out him is showing the whole world how stupid your thought process is.I have been all over the world and fought the evil mens armies, hussain and the taliban,= evil= world better off with out him/ group. But he was NEVER writin off by any of his family!!
Max was lucky to have a son like you, you believe in his innocence and I wouldn't expect anything less. I knew your father, went to school with him and played sports with him on the same teams. I also dated your beautiful mother briefly in high school. The last time I saw her about twenty five years ago she was still gorgeous.
That being said I personally believe he made a bad mistake and did murder Debbie and it was all about money, there's too much evidence pointing to him.
Max was not all bad and neither was Alan Milburn, Debbie Martin or anyone else involved in this and many lives were ruined and families devastated over
what, money and drugs?
Good luck to you, your mother and family.
kip

Fairbanks, AK

#54 Sep 23, 2009
knew him when wrote:
<quoted text>If you are 100% sure that he didn't do it and you know who did, then don't you owe it to Max to come forward and tell the authorities what you know? The evidence is pretty incriminating:(1)An eye witness that testified about the relationship he had with Debbie and the testimony that she had a deal going with him,(2)The banker that testified that he showed up at his bank right after her death with eighty thousand dollars that he wanted to turn into CDs.(3)The testimony that Debbie was the only one that knew the combination of Milburn's safe besides him.(4)And then the taped confession and the testimony of the Stoddard Co. Sheriff.He would have had to have one darn good defense to counter all that. However, having said all that, You and your family have my sympathy because Max was not always a bad guy, and your mother must have seen something in him to take him back after he got out of prison.
To all, I would like to thank all of you ,even the bad ones, who remember my father as the good man he was, Did he do alot of bad? YES! We all do, he got greedy, cheated ect... As far as me oweing it to Max, no i do not. You know he may not have been around, but the last few years when he got out he lived in Nashville down the road from FT Campbell.My family and I made every attempt to spend time with him. The one thing he told me over and over was to never "owe" him anything. I have done great for myself and my family, I have served this country with pride for 15 years now have fought and bleed for her many times now. The only people I owe anything to is my wife and kids and the Soldiers that serve under me. With that being said I do not want anyone to think that I am holding some "big secret", cause I am not. My father has told the police who did it. You see thats the great thing about the USA, everybody is alowed to have their own ideas, and the justice system can pick and chose what parts it wants to hear and what parts it dont. All it takes is for someone to be offended by a commet and it is thrown out of court. Every thing is a matter of public record, it is just a matter of looking for it and to maybe be willin to pay for the information. Thats why I love this country! I feel bad for the family, they lost a child, no family should have to go through that, none at all. Parents should always pass before their children. Thats my feelings. As far as the confession, like I said before it was an attempt to be transferd to escape. The case keep being opened and put on hold. Everybody is allowed to think and say what they want! And until the burden of proff can be shown, he didnt do it. I know some people are going to say its there, but if it is why did it take so long? Why wasnt he convicted? Just think about it. I know the justice system is slow, but how slow? But like I said, did he do crap that was wrong and against the law? Well hell yea he did, I am not a damn fool! But I really do not think he commited murder. I got a letter from him a few months ago that was a real heart felt one, not one of the B>Sin ones he normally sent. Everything in the letter is the same as he told law enforcment. All the letters were read by the prison, they are no secret. But done to the respect I wish to give to Debbies family, I will not repeat what was in the letter. I wish to give them respect as I wish to give my father respect.
lostgirllongago

San Antonio, TX

#55 Sep 25, 2009
I knew Max Ellison over 40 years ago when he was a in the law enforcement in Stoddard Co. I was a young girl around 16 and he was the one who arrested me ,I was locked up and once the courts settled a few weeks later Max Ellison let me come back to his home with his family for a few days before I could go back to my home State . His wifes and son I met along with another young girl they took in . For the first time in my life , I will never forget the warmth I felt from that family . If Max Ellison hadn't have cared , my life may have been different .
I wrote him after he was arrested in the 80's but I moved and then my Brother was murdered . I lost contact with him but will never forget the man ( Max Ellison ) that shined in my life . May he rest in peace from those that never saw his heart . I saw it ! As he's gone , the truth will come out about what he has done in his life . He will always hold a special place in my heart ! Rest peacefully Max Ellison . G fl grl :)
lostgirllongago

San Antonio, TX

#56 Sep 18, 2010
Kip , it wasn't 40 years ago met your Dad . It was more like 33ish . I was young. Your Dad was a Grace in my life back then . My Aunt who lived down that way told me he was arrested that first time , I sure wish I still had those letter your Dad wrote to me in Florida where I lived and move after.
I will always hold your Dads love in my heart .... he was a blessing in my life back then and I met your Mom C.... and you when you where little . Yes we all make mistakes , my heart never made a mistake of those that touched my heart and your Dad did . He will always be a kind heart in my world that no one can change .
big jim

Beaumont, TX

#57 Jul 21, 2013
I moved from Sikeston 40 years ago..knew Jaimey Helms, Al Wheeler...they came a long way for my wedding..personally I think things were getting pretty hot for them & they needed to get out of town for a while. They were both present when Kenny Ellison was shot @, I believe, The Boogaloo Club? A few years later Jaimey was found dead, but I don't know any details. Can anyone fill me in? Was anyone caught? Who was suspected? Shot? Beaten? Did he leave any family? We were friends as boys and I'm a curious old man now.
Saint Louis

Saint Louis, MO

#58 Jul 21, 2013
Leave it alone.
DaTruth

Saint Louis, MO

#59 Jul 21, 2013
The truth will set you free. It's about time everyone found out.
David Wayne Ellison

Arnold, MO

#60 Jul 23, 2014
R.I.P unc
shickmy

Fallon, NV

#61 Nov 3, 2015
what happened to Linda Freeman in 1971
Toodle f in do

Fredericktown, MO

#62 Nov 5, 2015
Oh me oh my. Drug deals and bad stuff. You reap what you sow. If you run with the dogs the fleas will jump on you. You made your bed now you got to sleep in it. It goes on and on. Wake and smell the roses, or coffee or shit in this instance. Bad people that made bad mistakes with bad consequences.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kindergarten car rider line!! 1 hr A Friend 12
music game (Sep '09) 1 hr Fairydust 8,737
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 2 hr Fairydust 1,998
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 2 hr Fairydust 15,665
when is the fair in Cape or Sikeston or anywher... 2 hr momma 1
who are the heroin addicts 3 hr Gango 29
Sikeston Five letter word...Change one letter g... 3 hr Fairydust 796

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages