what do you think will happen at unilever

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
woder whats up

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 21, 2011
 
With the south plant going down to 5 lines?
Whats going on north?
oldtimer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 22, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Its all moving to tennese,get ready
Guest

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 23, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Guess you must work for manpower. What is going on is ice cream. Busy for first part of year then slows down. There are two lines going to Tn, and new one going in at north as we speak. And by the way all this info is on the walls in the hallway at north. Tn factory is not big enough for all of Sikeston so get your facts straight. So like I first stated you must work for manpower.
guest

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Ice cream costs too much.Have you seen how high it is in the grocery stores? Not a big demand for it anymore.Looks bad for Sikeston plants.Everytime I buy it it has freezer burn because it has been in the store so long so I just quit buying it..
Guest

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 23, 2011
 

Judged:

2

guest wrote:
Ice cream costs too much.Have you seen how high it is in the grocery stores? Not a big demand for it anymore.Looks bad for Sikeston plants.Everytime I buy it it has freezer burn because it has been in the store so long so I just quit buying it..
Sikeston is an innovation plant where the new ice cream is made. As far as you buying ice cream with freezer burn, that has no reflection on who made it. The store you are purchasing it from needs to check their products, etc. Furthermore, check the stocks on ice cream....it's up on all brands.
mojo

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

shut down south first, then eventually shut down north. will take a while but tn can hold it.
WTF you talking about

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikeston is an innovation plant where the new ice cream is made. As far as you buying ice cream with freezer burn, that has no reflection on who made it. The store you are purchasing it from needs to check their products, etc. Furthermore, check the stocks on ice cream....it's up on all brands.
That is what they were saying. The ice cream costs so much that it stays in the freezers at the store so long it gets freezer burns. Noone blamed anyone where it is made for anthing. Damn are you that stupid that you cant comprehend what you read?
guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 24, 2011
 
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Sikeston is an innovation plant where the new ice cream is made. As far as you buying ice cream with freezer burn, that has no reflection on who made it. The store you are purchasing it from needs to check their products, etc. Furthermore, check the stocks on ice cream....it's up on all brands.
talk the talk dummy, the fact remains, if it ain't selling in the stores it will trickle down to not making it at all. supply and demand. if its bad enough people stop buying. stocks are high now because of the weather, people remember if its worth buying again.
wow

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WTF you talking about wrote:
<quoted text>That is what they were saying. The ice cream costs so much that it stays in the freezers at the store so long it gets freezer burns. Noone blamed anyone where it is made for anthing. Damn are you that stupid that you cant comprehend what you read?
You are not really worth the time for any reply, you ignorant, condescending, rude, horses ass. However, your hateful response to people has prompted me to tell you that you're the only one who appears to be lacking in the intelligence department on this particular thread. I guess you were never taught how to have a grown up conversation. Generally, people who have 1/2 a brain don't start cursing & belittling others for statements & opinions that differ from their own. However, I decided that since you seem to only understand that type of conversation, I will stand by my earlier statement, & reiterate the fact that you truly seem like a horses ass.
Lumpy

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 25, 2011
 

Judged:

4

1

1

Exactly what would make you think that the restockers on nights at Wal-Mart in Sikeston have intimate knowledge about the national ice cream demand? They reallocated the TN plant because it was central, just like us. We are THE plant. Anyone who says different is naive or trying to incite the workers. I'm certain you will come back with some lame example or some lackluster reason they might shut it down, but they won't. Trust me. We are the pride and joy. As long as we continue to innovate and crank out ice cream like we have, there's nothing to worry about. People ALWAYS buy ice cream. In a bad economy, more people get food stamps. The people who buy our expensive stuff can afford it, bad economy or not. Ice cream always sells. Period.
manny moe and jack

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 25, 2011
 
Will they layoff?
austin powers

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 26, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

There will be a big shake up people moving south to north.Once you get laid off the only way you will be back is as manpower.
Not really

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 26, 2011
 
Lumpy wrote:
Exactly what would make you think that the restockers on nights at Wal-Mart in Sikeston have intimate knowledge about the national ice cream demand? They reallocated the TN plant because it was central, just like us. We are THE plant. Anyone who says different is naive or trying to incite the workers. I'm certain you will come back with some lame example or some lackluster reason they might shut it down, but they won't. Trust me. We are the pride and joy. As long as we continue to innovate and crank out ice cream like we have, there's nothing to worry about. People ALWAYS buy ice cream. In a bad economy, more people get food stamps. The people who buy our expensive stuff can afford it, bad economy or not. Ice cream always sells. Period.
I quit buying it.I now make my own and it is yummy and does not have freezer burn and does not cost a fortune.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 26, 2011
 
guest wrote:
Ice cream costs too much.Have you seen how high it is in the grocery stores? Not a big demand for it anymore.Looks bad for Sikeston plants.Everytime I buy it it has freezer burn because it has been in the store so long so I just quit buying it..
The stores leave it out on the floor to long before putting it into the freezers. You can tell by the cartons that the ice cream has been thawed and refrozen.
harry baughs

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 27, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

I hear layoffs started today at the south plant
tammy

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 15, 2011
 
Here at Henderson, we are having layoffs for the rest of the year. Just wonder if the other plants our doing the same. They say its the pond and the city won't let us run so many lines (9)only each week. Some of the lines are 4 days only. Are you guys running full production and overtime? Unilever really has us in a downhill spin with oee% which we can get near because of old equipment and running out of material or supplies.
Loves ice cream

Sikeston, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

They won't shut the plants down in Sikeston because they are the biggest in North America. The number crunchers up top raised the price of ice cream in the stores because it wasn't selling for 2.50. It doesn't make sense so in turn that leads to laying off people. Just because the north plant is sending a couple machines to Covington doesn't mean bad news entirely. They are getting a Magnum bar line in when the others go out. People time and time again have stated Good Humor is shutting the doors, but they haven't. People get laid off at every job (ie. Noranda, Associated Electric). Unilever plants will continue to trade ice cream lines with other plants, and if worst thing should happen South plant will get shut down and move everything to the North Plant (if the proceed to add on to it) lines and people included.
Pecos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

guest wrote:
Ice cream costs too much.Have you seen how high it is in the grocery stores? Not a big demand for it anymore.Looks bad for Sikeston plants.Everytime I buy it it has freezer burn because it has been in the store so long so I just quit buying it..
YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP WE BUY ICE CREAM ALL THE TIME... IT IS FINE AND WE BUY 2 HALF GALLONS AT A TIME WHEN WE DO BUY SO THAT IS APPROX 8-10 HALF GALLONS A MONTH JUST US!!!!!!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pecos wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE FULL OF CRAP WE BUY ICE CREAM ALL THE TIME... IT IS FINE AND WE BUY 2 HALF GALLONS AT A TIME WHEN WE DO BUY SO THAT IS APPROX 8-10 HALF GALLONS A MONTH JUST US!!!!!!
You"re getting screwed then because the containers and weight are getting smaller while the price is getting higher!!! Check the label out a little more closely the next time you pick some up at the store....Also, those employees fuck, suck and 69 their way around that plant and have been doing so for years....They act like dogs in heat! You couldn't PAY me to eat that shit!
dumbpost

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

myview67 wrote:
<quoted text>
You"re getting screwed then because the containers and weight are getting smaller while the price is getting higher!!! Check the label out a little more closely the next time you pick some up at the store....Also, those employees fuck, suck and 69 their way around that plant and have been doing so for years....They act like dogs in heat! You couldn't PAY me to eat that shit!
you would know, wouldnt you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of41
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Sikeston Forum right now

Search the Sikeston Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 51 min Honest Babe 1,867
The word game (Jun '09) 1 hr Honest Babe 5,280
* The ALPHABET Game * (Jul '11) 1 hr Honest Babe 3,348
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Honest Babe 9,191
MO Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Missouri ... (Oct '10) 1 hr LIBERALS are WORTHLESS 92,174
I fell in love with a Sikeston Prostitute - the... 2 hr Free Teeth 31
MO Missouri's Prop C: Voters Set to Challenge Heal... (Aug '10) 3 hr concerned citizen 12 18,910
•••
•••
•••
Sikeston Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sikeston Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Sikeston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••