nra blames everyone else

nra blames everyone else

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Local

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 21, 2012
I truly anticipated that the NRA would make SOME effort at sanity. <sigh>
guest

Jackson, MO

#2 Dec 21, 2012
Local wrote:
I truly anticipated that the NRA would make SOME effort at sanity. <sigh>
The NRA is not the problem. The problem is people not guns and the NRA
1911-A1

Dexter, MO

#3 Dec 21, 2012
That's just too simple for some people to see.
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#4 Dec 21, 2012
It should come as no surprise that they lay low immediately after the shooting and only offer a solution that equates to more guns in society. Of course there is no mention of how to pay for such security and the fact that, in each of the nation's school shootings, a Police Officer would of been outgunned and outmatched by the assailants.
1911-A1

Dexter, MO

#5 Dec 21, 2012
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here.

U are a very unhappy person
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Dec 21, 2012
1911-A1 wrote:
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here.
U are a very unhappy person
I think your just using the arrogant "redirect" approach to avoid the fact that something is about to be done with this gun happy society
bufu

Jackson, MO

#7 Dec 21, 2012
How about a tax on firearms and ammunition to pay for security against firearms and ammunition?
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#8 Dec 21, 2012
1911-A1 wrote:
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here.
U are a very unhappy person
I'll take a shot in the dark and say you keep changing screen names from your Dexter ISP because you cannot consistently, defend with accuracy, anything you say here.
need help

United States

#9 Dec 21, 2012
Saying the NRA did this is like saying forks make people fat. That guy did the horrible thing he did because he was an awful person. You can't blame that on the NRA!
have some sense

United States

#11 Dec 21, 2012
Ok. The next car wreck you see, whoever is at fault, that car maker can't make any cars anymore. The next time there's a DUI, Budweiser, Coors, whoever......you guessed it can't make beer anymore. Heard of people being strangled with a lamp cord before, throw your lamps out and get candles. Don't know how you can cut your meat....you guessed it, people have been stabbed and sliced before with knives. Do I need to go on? Guns do not kill people, people kill people with use of a gun, same as these other objects. Use some sense people, almost anything can become a weapon.
bufu

Jackson, MO

#12 Dec 21, 2012
People most often kill people with the easiest most efficient tool available which is a firearm. Restricting or banning certain of those tools that make it easiest for mass murder is a common sense goal.
Local

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Dec 21, 2012
I didn't say the NRA caused the massacre. I did not, however, expect LaPierre to blame Hollywood, video games, and the like.
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#14 Dec 21, 2012
have some sense wrote:
Ok. The next car wreck you see, whoever is at fault, that car maker can't make any cars anymore. The next time there's a DUI, Budweiser, Coors, whoever......you guessed it can't make beer anymore. Heard of people being strangled with a lamp cord before, throw your lamps out and get candles. Don't know how you can cut your meat....you guessed it, people have been stabbed and sliced before with knives. Do I need to go on? Guns do not kill people, people kill people with use of a gun, same as these other objects. Use some sense people, almost anything can become a weapon.
Show me a beer that was designed by the military to kill humans in masses like the AR-15, but marketed to civilians, and I'll support banning it.
guest

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Dec 21, 2012
Local wrote:
I didn't say the NRA caused the massacre. I did not, however, expect LaPierre to blame Hollywood, video games, and the like.
Why not?

A survey taken showed quite a large amount of people blame Hollywood and video games. This was on t.v.

Until guns quit being glorified these shootings will probably keep happening.

I remember the old westerns were taken off the air back in the 50's because it was said they caused to much violence. They showed that the bad guy always lost. Not true in todays world of t.v., movies, and video games. Tom and Jerry cartoons were considered to be violent.

So why aren't these people speaking out against the violence we see on the t.v. and movie screens today?
Local

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Dec 21, 2012
Movies are RATED...ya know, G, PG, PG13, etc. Guns are not.
bufu

Jackson, MO

#17 Dec 21, 2012
quote

"A survey taken showed quite a large amount of people blame Hollywood and video games. This was on t.v."

Well yeah. Half the country is republican and place blame on everything but firearms and lax laws and America's gun culture.
1911-A1

Sikeston, MO

#18 Dec 21, 2012
You can not change Ur ISP. But u really are an unhappy person. If all u can do is gripe and complain You are a good candidate for mental health care
facepalm

Cape Girardeau, MO

#19 Dec 21, 2012
heart disease, lung cancer, suicide, stroke, breast cancer

major causes of death in u.s.

thousands and thousands each year

mass shootings?....88 ppl, most gang related

this is such an issue...why?

oh, yea..because the news said so..about that
psst.... they are a little biased.

you think these sorts of things could ever be stopped from happening somethimes? are you high?

what about all the little kids that get killed as collateral damage in drone attacks? dont see any dry eyes being wiped about that.50 million abortions? nahhh...thats a good thing right?

what was fast and furious about again? WHAT WAS FAST AND FURIOUS ABOUT AGAIN??

you need to take a step back and look at whats really happening here..china is getting in on it,russia put their 2 cents in.

hear much about the treaty we recently signed with the UN? we have already agreed to disarm civilians in this country..go see for yourself.

YOUR BEING MANIPULATED

its sickening to see how deeply into nonsense they can fling the population with little more than airtime and selective reporting. its the stuff they dont talk about thats really scarey and needs action.
Watermark

Jackson, MO

#20 Dec 21, 2012
1911-A1 wrote:
You can not change Ur ISP. But u really are an unhappy person. If all u can do is gripe and complain You are a good candidate for mental health care
And you cannot read. I said you keep changing screen names from your Dexter ISP. The rest of your post, implying I'm unhappy or crazy, only says one thing. You've got nothing on-topic to say and can't defend the words you've already said.
1911-A1

Sikeston, MO

#21 Dec 21, 2012
Debating with you is akin to a religious zealot
No matter what is said or shown you think your way is the only way and everyone else is a fool for thinking differently

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Armed robbery 2 min Jim Crow 59
owner of nursing homes in sikeston (Jul '11) 2 hr My thoughts 36
Miner Nursing Home 2 hr My thoughts 14
Two words-last lettet of last word game (Sep '13) 8 hr Fairydust 4,217
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 8 hr Fairydust 2,944
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 8 hr Fairydust 1,565
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 8 hr Fairydust 17,526

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages