Sikeston Man Paralyzed by Mystery Dis...

Sikeston Man Paralyzed by Mystery Disease - NEEDS HELP!

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not a Doctor

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 23, 2012
Please consider looking at this Facebook page. Adam Tinnin is a local man, confined to a wheelchair, but still works and is a father to his child. He is looking for a cause and cure for this odd disease. Check it out, read the details and offer any information you can! Since Sikeston is such a small town I am positive almost everybody knows him and his wife. They are selling t-shirts, have a special account made for donations and are having several upcoming fundraisers, too.

http://www.facebook.com/helpadamtinnin

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#2 Dec 23, 2012
Is this a scam?
Not a Doctor

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Dec 23, 2012
Not that I know of. He had posted on the facebook page that he wanted the information shared so he could get to a doctor that could help him. Just trying to help spread the news. If it's a scam I'm sure someone will call him out on it.
Guest

Fairfax, VA

#4 Dec 23, 2012
Not a Doctor wrote:
Please consider looking at this Facebook page. Adam Tinnin is a local man, confined to a wheelchair, but still works and is a father to his child. He is looking for a cause and cure for this odd disease. Check it out, read the details and offer any information you can! Since Sikeston is such a small town I am positive almost everybody knows him and his wife. They are selling t-shirts, have a special account made for donations and are having several upcoming fundraisers, too.

http://www.facebook.com/helpadamtinnin
Google is the best place to find answers.
Guest

Fairfax, VA

#5 Dec 23, 2012
Mayo Clinic
Read it to

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Dec 23, 2012
It says on his fb page mayo clinic denied him bc they were going to do the same tests everybody else has done and we have googled all the symptoms and hes been tested for almost everything weve found and results have come back negative. the dr says its neurological but they dont know what it is. thats why we are trying to do fundraisers to get him to a doctor that will look into it. hes been to barnes in stl and somewhere in cleveland. nobody seems to want to help. if you read the facebook page you will see what all has been tested.
Sarah

Fairfax, VA

#7 Dec 23, 2012
Read it to wrote:
It says on his fb page mayo clinic denied him bc they were going to do the same tests everybody else has done and we have googled all the symptoms and hes been tested for almost everything weve found and results have come back negative. the dr says its neurological but they dont know what it is. thats why we are trying to do fundraisers to get him to a doctor that will look into it. hes been to barnes in stl and somewhere in cleveland. nobody seems to want to help. if you read the facebook page you will see what all has been tested.
Thank you for explaining further. I do not do Facebook so I'm limited.
Has he been to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland?
A Friend

Jackson, MO

#8 Dec 23, 2012
This is totally legitimate. I know him and he is a very nice young man. His story was on KFVS a few years ago. He has been ill for about 6 yrs. He was first seen at Children's Hospital in St. Louis & Barnes Jewish. Also Cleveland Clinic. Doctors at Mayo have nothing new to offer. He's been tested for everything you can think of and he still doesn't have any answers. He is in pain but clings to his faith. It is a daily struggle. He and his family & friends are doing the T-shirts trying to raise money to cover travel expenses for when he finds a doctor or clinic to go to that might offer a cure. There is also another fundraiser in the works but the details haven't been worked out yet.
LeRoy

Fairfax, VA

#9 Dec 23, 2012
A Friend wrote:
This is totally legitimate. I know him and he is a very nice young man. His story was on KFVS a few years ago. He has been ill for about 6 yrs. He was first seen at Children's Hospital in St. Louis & Barnes Jewish. Also Cleveland Clinic. Doctors at Mayo have nothing new to offer. He's been tested for everything you can think of and he still doesn't have any answers. He is in pain but clings to his faith. It is a daily struggle. He and his family & friends are doing the T-shirts trying to raise money to cover travel expenses for when he finds a doctor or clinic to go to that might offer a cure. There is also another fundraiser in the works but the details haven't been worked out yet.
Is he on disability? If not he should be.
jdc

United States

#10 Dec 23, 2012
Try nih bethesda md. Good luck. God blews
try

Campbell, MO

#11 Dec 24, 2012
Perhaps he needs to seek alternative medicine. He might want to look into a Book entitled Prolo Your Pain Away. Dr. Houser in Chicago is the leading one in this field. He used to have a free Mission Clinic in Thebes IL.. Don't know if he still has the clinics or not. The book has a list of Doctors in it that do these treatments.

Prolo therapy is big in Europe was gaining fame here until doctors found out it cured things that conventional medicine couldn't and did so cost effectively. C. Everett Coop has it done and also recommended it to his patients.

I went to the clinics in Thebes for several yrs. at first to get the situation cleared up, then once a year for touch up therapy. I credit Dr. Houser and his team for keeping me out of a wheel chair.
Scam

Malden, MO

#12 Dec 24, 2012
He can get on disability. PERIOD. I seen him walking the other day.
Hmmm

Fairfax, VA

#13 Dec 24, 2012
Scam wrote:
He can get on disability. PERIOD. I seen him walking the other day.
Tell us more.
boyoboy

Maryland Heights, MO

#14 Dec 24, 2012
LeRoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he on disability? If not he should be.
Im sure he works because he wants to. Blows your food-stamp mind doesnt it! Lol!
Guest 2

United States

#15 Dec 24, 2012
Scam wrote:
He can get on disability. PERIOD. I seen him walking the other day.
Do you know this man?? To be saying this?? Its Christmas!! If its a scam he will be caught!! If people dont know then they shouldnt say ANYTHING!!! If your so concerned why dont you check with kfvs 12 and see if they ran the story? There are alot of scams out there dont mean everything is one!! Just wonder why you didnt use your name since you call it a scam!!!
A Friend

Scott City, MO

#16 Dec 24, 2012
He probably could qualify for disability but he works. I don't know how he does it with his symptoms, which, by the way, come & go. That may explain why someone saw him walking. I've seen him in & out of a wheelchair at his workplace. The reason he took a leap of faith and put his story on FB is because he has hit a wall as far as doctors go and he was hoping someone out there might recognize his symptoms and know of a doctor who could help him. Hopefully, his story will reach across the United States & beyond. He just needs to find the right doctor. I believe he will. Again, it is not a scam but I understand why someone would be skeptical. If I did not know this person, I too would wonder and question it. He was on KFVS with his mother probably about 3 yrs. ago .... I can't remember exactly when but I remember seeing it.
Guest 2

Fairfax, VA

#17 Dec 25, 2012
A Friend wrote:
He probably could qualify for disability but he works. I don't know how he does it with his symptoms, which, by the way, come & go. That may explain why someone saw him walking. I've seen him in & out of a wheelchair at his workplace. The reason he took a leap of faith and put his story on FB is because he has hit a wall as far as doctors go and he was hoping someone out there might recognize his symptoms and know of a doctor who could help him. Hopefully, his story will reach across the United States & beyond. He just needs to find the right doctor. I believe he will. Again, it is not a scam but I understand why someone would be skeptical. If I did not know this person, I too would wonder and question it. He was on KFVS with his mother probably about 3 yrs. ago .... I can't remember exactly when but I remember seeing it.
I did not mean any disrespect at all was just saying for someone to holler scam like they know him should keep their mouth shut period its on facebook but if they gotta try to start something then use their name!!! Your right in todays world alot is hard to just believe and we might question but the ones that just run right off at the mouth and say scam and things like that are usually the ones doing it in some way or the other!! I wish all if you the best and will be checking out Adams fb page very soon!!!
real nice there

Jackson, MO

#18 Dec 25, 2012
boyoboy wrote:
<quoted text>Im sure he works because he wants to. Blows your food-stamp mind doesnt it! Lol!
Real nice thing to say.you just put down a lot if disabled people when you said that.I hope that he is able to continue to keep working.What do people get for social security a month 600 to 900 a month? Big bucks! Lol.A very strong willed man to keep on working Like he does!
I hope there's a cure found!
Payattention

Maryland Heights, MO

#19 Dec 26, 2012
real nice there wrote:
<quoted text>
Real nice thing to say.you just put down a lot if disabled people when you said that.I hope that he is able to continue to keep working.What do people get for social security a month 600 to 900 a month? Big bucks! Lol.A very strong willed man to keep on working Like he does!
I hope there's a cure found!
Dont try to twist my comment try to make yourself sound wondetful. An intelligent person can read it and know what i mean.
Payattention

Maryland Heights, MO

#20 Dec 26, 2012
*then try to make

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are white folks are so nosey!!! 17 min guest 28
donald trump is a racist toward woman !!!and bl... 21 min guest 32
Cheating Husbands in Sikeston 25 min guest 2
5 Stabbed at White Nationalist Rally 31 min notice your topics 13
True or False Game (Apr '14) 54 min Princess Hey 2,193
Four weird lights circling in the sky.. (Jun '10) 1 hr debbie 73
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 2 hr Princess Hey 482

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages