hmm

Saint Louis, MO

#21 May 10, 2010
justthnkn wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously,if upset father took your advice and others here did the same they wouldn't have anything to bitch about. They are shittstirrers. Whinners! I agree with you and don't believe the story he was forced to buy the cake because he ordered it. I call "BULLSHIT" on this story.
Haha! This is hilarious! First of all, let me just say, Wal-Mart Bakery SUCKS!! They have their rudest employees working there. I believe this man. I seriously doubt he was watching television and thought, "Hmm, I think I'll stir up some shit and get on topix and talk about how my daughter's birthday cake decorations and icing sucked and how they still made me pay for it." Although, I would have left the ugly cake sitting on the counter and smugly smiled at the employee and said, "So sue me" and left when the employee said I would have to pay for it. Food Giant (Stan's) does a great job on birthday cakes. Of course, Susie's are awesome. Dairy Queen ice cream cakes are wonderful.
Agrees

Saint Louis, MO

#22 May 10, 2010
Walmart bakery does suck. I went to pick up a cake for a doctor that was leaving the area, and I had picked out a really nice cake that was already made, and I just wanted a message written on it, "Good Luck Dr. xxxx". I gave the cake to the lady with what I wanted on it, and she picked up a tube of icing that she was using earlier, that didn't even match what was on the cake, and just scribbled it on there, and even spelled the Dr's name wrong !!(I had it written correctly on the paper I gave her!) When she gave it back to me, I looked at it, then at her, and laughed.. I told her she had to be kidding, and I set the cake down on the counter and left it. I picked up a much nicer (all-be-it a little more expensive) cake at DQ on my way to the office. Lesson learned.

“The Knocker”

Since: Jan 09

Bricktown, MO

#23 May 11, 2010
Agrees wrote:
Walmart bakery does suck. I went to pick up a cake for a doctor that was leaving the area, and I had picked out a really nice cake that was already made, and I just wanted a message written on it, "Good Luck Dr. xxxx". I gave the cake to the lady with what I wanted on it, and she picked up a tube of icing that she was using earlier, that didn't even match what was on the cake, and just scribbled it on there, and even spelled the Dr's name wrong !!(I had it written correctly on the paper I gave her!) When she gave it back to me, I looked at it, then at her, and laughed.. I told her she had to be kidding, and I set the cake down on the counter and left it. I picked up a much nicer (all-be-it a little more expensive) cake at DQ on my way to the office. Lesson learned.
This is what proves my point of this original poster being Full of sh*t. There's nobody who is going to accept the cake in the condition he described and pay for it, Simple as that!!! No way, No How! Unless your completely stupid.
ms shelle

Chaffee, MO

#24 May 11, 2010
Agrees wrote:
sikeston bakery does sucks i have had the same experience with my childrens birthday cakes. they hire all these young non experienced bakery workers. they all are trashy looking and none of them hardly wear their hair nets like they are supposed to. i for now on get my cakes at sam's or walmart in cape.
oh no

United States

#25 May 11, 2010
upset father wrote:
<quoted text>
next time i need a cake i will check on food giant and the donut shop, any others?
I got a princess castle cake for my daughters birthday and it was three towers that looked like shyt and it was lopsided and didnt even look right i wanted a differnt cake to but they said no they didnt have time and i already ordered that one. i cried real hard i know i shouldnt but she was so upset when she saw it (she is 4) and it was my daughters birthday and everything is suppose to be perfect besides its no ones day BUT HERS so people need to be more respectful and do their job with passion instead of slappin sum shyt together thinking its okay because its not when it comes to my daughter i get real pissed off if she is unhappy and im not the one to deal with so i doubt that food giant will ever mess up another cake of mine
oh no

United States

#26 May 11, 2010
justthnkn wrote:
<quoted text>This is what proves my point of this original poster being Full of sh*t. There's nobody who is going to accept the cake in the condition he described and pay for it, Simple as that!!! No way, No How! Unless your completely stupid.
well i did and its not that i was stupid it was just there was only an hour left till her party and guests was already arriving. sometimes you have to do what you have to do doesnt mean you like it but you compromise (which is what they should have done) but me being the bigger person i just dealt with it and i wont go back.
wonder

United States

#27 May 11, 2010
Walmarts bakery is crap. We were ordering our daughters 1st birthday cake...they were rude..didnt know what they were doing..but we said "hey maybe they are having a bad day" good thing we went and picked up the cake 3 hrs before...they gave it to us and it was CRRRRAAAPPPPYYYYY. I looked and laughed said "you are crazy if im buying this, maybe you need a little bit of schooling in your decorating or new employees" sat the cake on the counter and left. I then went home and made a cake, iced it, and decorated it better they their bakery did. so for now on i'm just going to make my cakes
Grow up

United States

#28 May 11, 2010
For all of you people bitching on here, there is a solution for you. DONT GO BACK THERE IF YOU'RE THAT UPSET ABOUT IT. If Im not mistaken, they have already made cakes in a little section off to the side. If the cake was messed up, go over there..pick you one out and decorate it your damn self! What is getting on here bitching about all of this going to solve? NOTHING-that's what. It's just making you look like whiney babies. Is this how you all act when something doesn't go your way?! Most of you are acting your children's age instead of like an ADULT.

Life isn't perfect, and every single thing WILL NOT go your way. Getting on Topix griping is childish.

Again, if all of you have that big of a problem with the bakery..take your business elsewhere and shutup! Geez.
wowreally

United States

#29 May 12, 2010
you must be a worker there or someone that doesnt really care about your childs birthday party being perfect.

Since: Mar 10

nevada

#30 May 12, 2010
My opinion is that if a cake is that important to you and for a special occassion then go to a professional for it. Wal Mart does not hire professional bakers/decoraters and for that matter none of the grocery stores do! You get what you pay for.....DUH
Grow up

United States

#31 May 12, 2010
wowreally wrote:
you must be a worker there or someone that doesnt really care about your childs birthday party being perfect.
Actually NO I don't work there..and Im mature enough to know that life isn't perfect. Things won't always go or turn out how we want them to. Griping about it isnt going to solve anything, especially on Topix. It just makes you look childish.

Ive seen and have even had cakes made from there, and they were decorated good and tasted good. I know that they wont be "perfect" every single time, because nothing ever is! It's reality!

If you weren't satisfied, fine. Atleast be grown about it and move on instead of getting on Topix acting like a whiney child. Take it as a lesson learned and don't go back there. Go somewhere else for your cakes or make it yourself! Problem solved.
ex-emplyoee

Jackson, MO

#32 May 12, 2010
I used to work at wal-mart and understand what these workers go thru, however, my aunt went in there and asked for a Alvin and the chipmunks the squekquel and they didn't have it, but told her if she went and got the dvd they could copy the picture. well when we went to get the cake it was just the boy chipmunks, and while she didn't want to pay for it,(the boys were highly upset) what choice did she have?
Agree with Dad

Saint Louis, MO

#33 May 12, 2010
I agree with the father....he felt like he had no other choice. It is not the responsibility of the consumer to compromise, it is the responsibility of the store to make the customer happy. I work at a grocery store that has a bakery and, I will guarentee, this would NEVER happen. If the product was inferior, the store should have replaced it with an acceptable alternative at no cost to the customer. Makeing the customer happy is how businesses stay afloat. I do not see anybody as "whining", I see someone voiceing their opinion so nobody else has to experience the same disappointment that he had to.
Really

United States

#34 May 12, 2010
Agree with Dad wrote:
I agree with the father....he felt like he had no other choice. It is not the responsibility of the consumer to compromise, it is the responsibility of the store to make the customer happy. I work at a grocery store that has a bakery and, I will guarentee, this would NEVER happen. If the product was inferior, the store should have replaced it with an acceptable alternative at no cost to the customer. Makeing the customer happy is how businesses stay afloat. I do not see anybody as "whining", I see someone voiceing their opinion so nobody else has to experience the same disappointment that he had to.
So, what you're saying is NO MATTER WHAT COMPLAINT the "consumer" has, that the store is just supposed to roll over and make them happy? I dont think so. That's not how it works and not how its supposed to work. Everyone will not be happy, and things won't always be up to par when it comes to some people. If this is the way you people act when it comes to a cake, then Id hate to see what you act like when it comes to something more serious!

Im sure they've made mistakes, but you expecting perfection is ridiculous. Life is full of disappointments, and it's pitiful that a cake(which more than likely the kid won't even remember) is on the top of y'alls list of things to REALLY worry about.
i worked n both

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#35 May 12, 2010
cape walmart if far better i remember alot of ppl from sikeston coming to cape for us to make their cakes the only good ppl at sikeston walmart to decorate r norma and tina but for the most part i agree they could be ALOT better but like i said if u have to order cake there ask for norma or tina

Since: Mar 10

nevada

#36 May 13, 2010
I believe some people would complain if they were hung with a new rope....and alot of people want something for nothing so if they complain loud enough then the manager will give it to em...usually but not always. Thats exactly why prices are so freakin high for the honest folks now!
Happy

Hertford, NC

#37 May 14, 2010
upset father wrote:
if anyone needs to get a cake, dont go to sikeston walmart. we ordered the princess castle cake went to get it and it wash terable. the towers were falling the top layer slid half off the frosting design was not as the pictures showed,when we talk to them about it they said there was nothing they can do about it and we couldnt get a difforent cake becouse this is the one we ordered.the best they could do is take 10 dollers off.when i talk to the store maneger she said if we brought the cake back she would give a refund but that wont fiix the problem we still needed a cake.
Usually, Wal-Mart will replace anything that is not up to par per purchased product - if you take the damaged product back to the store and talk to Customer Service there.
hmm

Saint Louis, MO

#38 May 15, 2010
Grow up wrote:
For all of you people bitching on here, there is a solution for you. DONT GO BACK THERE IF YOU'RE THAT UPSET ABOUT IT. If Im not mistaken, they have already made cakes in a little section off to the side. If the cake was messed up, go over there..pick you one out and decorate it your damn self! What is getting on here bitching about all of this going to solve? NOTHING-that's what. It's just making you look like whiney babies. Is this how you all act when something doesn't go your way?! Most of you are acting your children's age instead of like an ADULT.
Life isn't perfect, and every single thing WILL NOT go your way. Getting on Topix griping is childish.
Again, if all of you have that big of a problem with the bakery..take your business elsewhere and shutup! Geez.
Sounds like we've pissed off one of the skilled and talented Wal-Mart bakery workers! Haha! Just trying to help people save their birthday cake money for a good one somewhere else. That's all.
Hmm

Saint Louis, MO

#39 May 15, 2010
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is NO MATTER WHAT COMPLAINT the "consumer" has, that the store is just supposed to roll over and make them happy? I dont think so. That's not how it works and not how its supposed to work. Everyone will not be happy, and things won't always be up to par when it comes to some people. If this is the way you people act when it comes to a cake, then Id hate to see what you act like when it comes to something more serious!
Im sure they've made mistakes, but you expecting perfection is ridiculous. Life is full of disappointments, and it's pitiful that a cake(which more than likely the kid won't even remember) is on the top of y'alls list of things to REALLY worry about.
Upper management needs to do some random checks on birthday cakes decorated and placed in boxes waiting for the customer to pick up; not the ones in the refrigerators. I'm sure they would get a good laugh and then maybe think about paying for a few employees to attend a cake decorating for a semester or two. Haha!

Sikeston, MO

#40 May 17, 2010
I have ordered cakes form WM's bakery in the past, but won't anymore. Why is it that they just can't get it right?? You tell them what you want, make sure the words are spelled correctly and they STILL get it wrong. WM won't be doing any more cakes for me! The deli workers are just as bad as the bakery workers. I have reported some of them to management--especially when bad language was being used--and NOTHING was done. They still work there! WM has gotten too big for it's britches. I am betting that Sam Walton is spinning in his grave!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Two words-last lettet of last word game (Sep '13) 13 min Analog man 1,686
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 14 min Analog man 3,327
Boy-Molester Head of Sikeston Good Neighbor Foo... 33 min The intruder 13
Your going to get caught 39 min The intruder 4
Senior High 3 hr Sikeston Student 21
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 4 hr Princess Hey 11,219
Word Association (May '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 3,748
Sikeston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sikeston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?