Tony Duncan

Saint Louis, MO

#64 Oct 7, 2009
I used to work at Orgill in Sikeston. I was fired because I was too ugly. Actually, that's only part of it. I showed up 2 minutes late 4 times, resulting in 2 points during my first 90 day probationary period. 3 points during this time and you're fired. This was followed up by being sick one day. I called in, my supervisor said just sit tight and HR would be informed about it. The next day I found out that I had been set up to be fired. HR had been informed, but my supervisor wouldn't vouch for me like he had done for so many of his other employees. He wanted me gone since they day he hired me. He couldn't stand the way I looked. This wasn't the only job where a person in a power position had singled me out because of my ugliness. It was, however, the first job where I was fired because I was too unattractive. If anyone wants a job at Orgill in Sikeston, then don't get hired in the stocking department. My supervisor's name was Brian Bolander and he sucked in a very morose fashion. He was seen getting drunk at the rodeo this year with some of his workers, which is highly frowned upon. He is really short, and has stupid Hitler hair.
omg

Chicago, IL

#65 Oct 7, 2009
im sure u werent fired because of ur ugliness.. doesn't make sense. and why cant ur boss get drunk outside of work? he is over 21 im sure.. it is legal to drink
wrapper

Union, MO

#66 Oct 7, 2009
You know, if I remember the name correctly, I worked with a Tony Duncan at Malone&Hyde in the mid seventies. I know for sure the guy I'm thinking of was a hoot.
Calling BS

Saint Louis, MO

#67 Oct 7, 2009
I have seen some of the people who work at Orgill and I doubt good looks are a job requirement.
SHHHH

Jackson, MO

#68 Oct 8, 2009
Tony Duncan wrote:
I used to work at Orgill in Sikeston. I was fired because I was too ugly. Actually, that's only part of it. I showed up 2 minutes late 4 times, resulting in 2 points during my first 90 day probationary period. 3 points during this time and you're fired. This was followed up by being sick one day. I called in, my supervisor said just sit tight and HR would be informed about it. The next day I found out that I had been set up to be fired. HR had been informed, but my supervisor wouldn't vouch for me like he had done for so many of his other employees. He wanted me gone since they day he hired me. He couldn't stand the way I looked. This wasn't the only job where a person in a power position had singled me out because of my ugliness. It was, however, the first job where I was fired because I was too unattractive. If anyone wants a job at Orgill in Sikeston, then don't get hired in the stocking department. My supervisor's name was Brian Bolander and he sucked in a very morose fashion. He was seen getting drunk at the rodeo this year with some of his workers, which is highly frowned upon. He is really short, and has stupid Hitler hair.
Hey Matt Butler - you are a piece of crap employee that couldn't get your ass up outta bed to get to work on time - GROW UP ! If you think that you were fired due to your " unattractive " look , I suggest you get a paper bag and pop some holes in it and get an alarm clock that works ! You have some nerve making comment on B.B.s' hair considering your head is an oversized melon with a hair-do that resembles roadkill ! Hey Matt ...... get a job !!!!!
question

Jackson, MO

#69 Oct 8, 2009
any one go in at 5am til 1:30 ... just starting out b4 the 90 days is up?
okdokie

United States

#70 Oct 9, 2009
question wrote:
any one go in at 5am til 1:30 ... just starting out b4 the 90 days is up?
Yes there is a bunch of us who go in at 5 AM
orgill employee

United States

#71 Oct 9, 2009
i work in receiving from 4am-12:30pm. It really is a great place to work.My 6 months is up next week and I will be getting my first raise. Then in January I will have 2 weeks paid vacation.One of the better jobs around here for sure.
Tony Duncan

Saint Louis, MO

#72 Oct 10, 2009
I do hope that whomever replied to my post was in fact the supervisor I described. There are only a few possibilities of who it could be. There weren't many people I worked with that hated me. If there were, then it is news to me. There was only one instance of verbal discourse I had at that workplace, but I soon became friends with the other party involved in that altercation. SHHHH is probably someone in a different department. I don't think Brian Bolander would have the time to get on topix.com and type a counterpoint that dealt with such a petty matter. Although, he does seem to have enough time on his hands to brew his own delicious beer. If it isn't someone just being funny, then this person has to be really cool. They actually felt the need to stand up for another really cool person in cyberspace.
SHHHH

Jackson, MO

#73 Oct 10, 2009
Tony Duncan wrote:
I do hope that whomever replied to my post was in fact the supervisor I described. There are only a few possibilities of who it could be. There weren't many people I worked with that hated me. If there were, then it is news to me. There was only one instance of verbal discourse I had at that workplace, but I soon became friends with the other party involved in that altercation. SHHHH is probably someone in a different department. I don't think Brian Bolander would have the time to get on topix.com and type a counterpoint that dealt with such a petty matter. Although, he does seem to have enough time on his hands to brew his own delicious beer. If it isn't someone just being funny, then this person has to be really cool. They actually felt the need to stand up for another really cool person in cyberspace.
Here's the deal .. B.B. is a phenominal person and a damn hard worker. He does everything in his power to respect others and give people a fair shake. For you to get on here and personally mention this man by his name is disrespectful and to trash talk him is WRONG.. If you have a grievance with someone , man up and speak DIRECTLY to him. not get on a site known for slanderous remarks. Yes , I am his friend.. and YES I will defend him.. you need to apologize for the personal remarks you made -- what did his drinking outside of work have to do with you getting canned ? NOTHING... stop playing the victim and be accountable for your own actions
friend

Saint Louis, MO

#74 Oct 11, 2009
How is Mark Moore doing out there?
ha ha dum azz

Jackson, MO

#75 Oct 12, 2009
Tony Duncan wrote:
ok matt first of all youn never worked you stood around all day doing nothing every time brian or russ came around you ran. you walked around all day just talking. you came in late alot of times if you read your hand book it says you get half of a point if you are 1 min late so next job you get get up earlyer and get to work early.
just me

Stoughton, WI

#76 Oct 13, 2009
my husband applied for orgill 2 months ago and was told they would send him either a yes letter or a no letter. he hasn't gotten anything, but still wants a job there very badly. can anybody help us find out if they're still doing any hiring? pleeeaaasssseeee!!!!!
SHHHH

Jackson, MO

#77 Oct 14, 2009
Tony Duncan wrote:
Matt, why do you keep calling yourself Tony Duncan ? Use your REAL name
Past Employee

Cape Girardeau, MO

#78 Oct 14, 2009
From what I heard lately Orgill has completed hiring. Last numbers were 300 on staff.

United States

#79 Oct 15, 2009
whoever said orgill hired a bunch of dopeheads can eat a dick i work there and think your a bitch

Cape Girardeau, MO

#80 Nov 5, 2009
if you are looking for a place to work that has really long hours safety issues and supervisors who don't care apply there.
TRUE

Cape Girardeau, MO

#81 Nov 5, 2009
hey dipshit u knew what time work started so get your lazy ass up and go to work and quit making excuses. just anther dumbass who wants shit handed to him. its simple hear listen if u have to be at work at 7am for example set the alarm for 530 or so dumbass lol its not brain surgery , how old are u? do u still need mom and dad to wake you up like when u was a kid and go to school? man get a life
chief hoss

United States

#83 Nov 5, 2009
guest wrote:
if you are looking for a place to work that has really long hours safety issues and supervisors who don't care apply there.
Shows how much you know about that place. Hours are not as long now that everyone knows their job, the supervisors care about their employees and safety is a number one priority!

Cape Girardeau, MO

#84 Nov 6, 2009
ok chief you believe that I work there and know better. Most of the supervisor care but not order filling and replenishment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,229
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 1 hr Princess Hey 17,801
Miner Nursing Home 2 hr Oneeted567 35
Jerrod Plaskie 2 hr xOGx 7
music game (Sep '09) 3 hr Fairydust 10,420
News Sikeston, MO man accused of child molestation (Jun '15) 3 hr Jamie 22
Man arrested 6 hr Massa 22

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance