First Prev
of 14
Next Last
wanting to know

United States

#1 Jun 27, 2009
Does anyone know what the work hours are at Orgill? Anyone already working there?
ithink

Mexico, MO

#2 Jun 28, 2009
i know they have hired a bunch of dope heads
concerned

United States

#3 Jun 28, 2009
I know several people who started working there and have already quit.
i heard

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jun 28, 2009
4 am til 1 pm
Wrong

United States

#5 Jun 28, 2009
ithink wrote:
Considering the extensive hiring process I really doubt that.
can you say stupid

AOL

#6 Jun 28, 2009
ithink wrote:
What does this have to do with the hours, IDIOT !
stupidsaysasstup iddoes

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Jun 28, 2009
They do drug tests and if you do not pass it you are not hired. But the hours are great right now it is 4AM to 12PM
ithink

Mexico, MO

#8 Jun 28, 2009
am not a idiot i know two that work there and they do drugs now
jobs

Chicago, IL

#9 Jun 28, 2009
any information on truck driving positions?
Temp employees

United States

#10 Jun 28, 2009
ithink wrote:
am not a idiot i know two that work there and they do drugs now
Are they temp employees who are helping to set things up are did they get hired through the company?
Orgill Employee

United States

#11 Jun 28, 2009
N0,THEY WENT THROUGH MANPOWER.

Traverse City, MI

#12 Jun 28, 2009
jobs wrote:
They told my husband they were going to star hiring in June or July, but if you have relatives that work there you can't.
Orgill Employee

United States

#13 Jun 28, 2009
NO, THEY DONT HIRE RELATIVES. YOU SHOULD BE GOOD IF YOU ALL HAVE DIFFERENT LAST NAMES.
Another Orgil Employee

Wood River, IL

#14 Jun 28, 2009
Right now the hours are different then what they will be when they actually start supplying customers.

From what I have heard(someone can correct me if I am wrong)

Receiving and Replenishment/stocking come in and work 4:00 a.m. to 12:30

Order fillers come in from 6:00 a.m. to 2:30.

Shipping has different staggard shifts after that. I believe the last ones will be coming in at 8:00 a.m. till done.

As far as drugs at the workplace goes, I wouldn't doubt it. Seriously, what warehouse/factory in this area or any area doesn't have some employees on drugs. It is just the sign of the times. It would be hard to deny that it doesn't go on everywhere that employs alot of people. Hell i know dozens of P & G employees that dable with the stuff.

Personally, I could care less what other employees do. I used to occasionally smoke weed years ago, but today it is just not worth the risk of not getting or losing a job. Especially when no one is hiring in the area that is willing to pay a decent wage. I have to drive 30-45 minutes for this job at Orgil. There is just no one hiring that is paying anything.

And just to note: At other jobs I have seen some of the cleanest employees be some of the lazyiest. Druggies and work ethic doesn't go hand in hand.
Question

AOL

#15 Jun 28, 2009
Another Orgil Employee wrote:
Right now the hours are different then what they will be when they actually start supplying customers.
Shipping has different staggard shifts after that. I believe the last ones will be coming in at 8:00 a.m. till done.
As far as drugs at the workplace goes, I wouldn't doubt it. Seriously, what warehouse/factory in this area or any area doesn't have some employees on drugs. It is just the sign of the times. It would be hard to deny that it doesn't go on everywhere that employs alot of people. Hell i know dozens of P & G employees that dable with the stuff.
Personally, I could care less what other employees do. I used to occasionally smoke weed years ago, but today it is just not worth the risk of not getting or losing a job. Especially when no one is hiring in the area that is willing to pay a decent wage. I have to drive 30-45 minutes for this job at Orgil. There is just no one hiring that is paying anything.
And just to note: At other jobs I have seen some of the cleanest employees be some of the lazyiest. Druggies and work ethic doesn't go hand in hand.
Your statement that druggies and work ethic doesn't go hand in hand, is interesting. I suspect that when you made this observation you were smoking something.

Mexico, MO

#16 Jun 28, 2009
jobs wrote:
I heard there is some great trucking positions there they pay really good money but your driving record has to be almost perfect. They told me that some of the drivers are making like $1500.00 a week and they don't sleep in trucks they stay in hotels and they pay for there food and everything. My cousins work for orgill in memphis and he brings home about $1400.00 a week after his taxes and child support. But I think its who you know to get a job.
Paul Johson

Mexico, MO

#17 Jun 28, 2009
Have the drivers start working out of Sikeston yet when I called up there the guy Howard told me that he was doing interviews but I wonder have any drivers start working from this area I road by the place and I see Orgill Tractors sitting in the Parking Lot. I also heard that the drivers make big money out there.
Orgill Employee

Mexico, MO

#18 Jun 28, 2009
I think the drivers are working out of Sikeston now I see them coming in with paper work all the time. I heard they get paid alot of money to that's the job to have I wish my husband could work as a driver then we would be all good. But, they don't hire family.

Mexico, MO

#19 Jun 28, 2009
Im going to try to get me a job there if I can get hired. The drivers make more than I do at Noranda.

United States

#20 Jun 29, 2009
Another Orgil Employee wrote:
Thanks for the info. I have been through the physical and the drug screening. I know I'll pass the drug test because I don't do drugs. Kind of worried about the physical part though. I am waiting on my call back to let me know if I have gotten the job for sure. I am getting nervous though since I haven't heard back from them yet. I know they said it would tak a while.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racism 1 hr Umm No 3
Who is the best divorce lawyer in Sikeston? (Feb '11) 3 hr guest 61
kkk (Nov '12) 3 hr guest 23
Houses for rent in sikeston 7 hr Watch 3
What went down at FedEx 7 hr Guest 4
4 Word Phrase Game (Dec '13) 8 hr Princess Hey 3,418
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 8 hr Princess Hey 1,617

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance