Cape Girardeau, MO

#63 Oct 14, 2008
Walmart does not give the customer what they want anymore. just what they can make the most money from.
Buh Buh

Granite City, IL

#64 Oct 14, 2008
Heres my beef with Walmart,They don't sell music with cuss words.But they'll sell movies that have cuss words & worse.There isn't a store in Sikeston now that sells music with cuss words now that Oncue is gone.
mandi

United States

#65 Oct 16, 2008
Go to Target!!!
only a thought

Saint Louis, MO

#66 Oct 16, 2008
i shop at walmart but it seems if iam in there more than twice a week they frown i have to shop somewhere also i take family members shopping so i am in there more than alot of the customers and after the second time they act like you are going to take something that makes me want to try and go less
Shopper

United States

#67 Oct 17, 2008
Zack that is a cashier is one of the nicest young men I have seen there. Keep it up!
Shelley

United States

#68 Oct 21, 2008
Anyone know?
shelley wrote:
<quoted text>
And the the little girl with the pink hair in front was nice and always so friendly and some hateful manager fired her.
tired of hearing it

United States

#69 Oct 27, 2008
look blah blah, you can complain all u want! if you don't like wally world then don't shop there. when lines are backed up at target, food giant, or dollar general u sit there and keep your mouth shut. face it, wally world has spoiled you---now all you can do is complain---don't complain go elsewhere---then you can complain about paying higher prices in a weakened economy
hillbilly

United States

#70 Oct 27, 2008
father wrote:
Walmart has a double standard. They dont want to sell you a cd or video game that has bad language or violence or sexual themes. But go look at the Brat dolls and how they dress. Better yet I have a 9 year old girl next time you go there try and find a pair of shorts that will cover your ass and other things. They dont want us to hear "bad" music or play violent video games. They dont care that 99% of their preteen and teen cloths look trashy. And it is hard to find a skirt that has the shorts inside them.
Sounds like they got part of it right, maybe talk to walmart and fix the rest. They will listen if you complain in a civilized manner.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#71 Oct 29, 2008
how u xpect the employees to act when u got some stuck up a@@ shoppers ,if i see u standing ya dumb a## looking stupid and i ask u do u need help.and u fucking ignore me,or say no im just looking ,i see ya dumb ass looking but how long u going to stare at the shit,while im throwing up freight in my [email protected] way.then u leave and 5 min later u come back to ask me where is a certain item and it the sh!t u was staring at when i aked u the first time ,dumb a@@

Festus, MO

#72 Oct 30, 2008
guest wrote:
how u xpect the employees to act when u got some stuck up a@@ shoppers ,if i see u standing ya dumb a## looking stupid and i ask u do u need help.and u fucking ignore me,or say no im just looking ,i see ya dumb ass looking but how long u going to stare at the shit,while im throwing up freight in my [email protected] way.then u leave and 5 min later u come back to ask me where is a certain item and it the sh!t u was staring at when i aked u the first time ,dumb a@@
are you kidding me? People actually ask if you need help at Walmart? I don't think anyone has ever asked me that. And when I do go up and ask someone for help, they get ticked and say stuff like go check another department or ask so and so. Last time I checked the associate is supposed to take the customer to the item, not point and tell you to check aisle #. I understand that some of the customers are rude, but not all customers should be treated rudely because of a few. And no matter what walmart associates are supposed to smile and greet every customer that comes within 10 feet of them. I never get an associate smile or greet me except at the doors.
Mother

Jackson, MO

#73 Oct 30, 2008
guest wrote:
Well, dumb a@@....if it wasnt' for us customers then you wouldn't even have a job. We're not in your way.. you are in ours. You are suppose to work around the customers.. not the other way around, dumb a@@!!!!
hillbilly

White House, TN

#74 Oct 31, 2008
Guest wrote:
That's true. The biggest issue is I wish our Wal-Mart was a little friendlier. They are always so rude.
The rude people in your wal-mart are people from your area, maybe it's a reflection of the ones complaining.As far as the cloths wal-mart will sell only what you will buy.Talk to store mngr.and stop complaining,You sound like democrats.
wal-mart employee

United States

#75 Nov 5, 2008
I have worked for wal-mart for some time now and i agree with most of what is said here however,
Would you be so happy to work at this walmart and get paid below $8 an hour to be there 9 hrs a day and never know what your next day off will be scheduled on? Or how about the we can't even afford the insurance that they offer. it would be 160-190 dollars a month held out of a check that after taxes is less than 500 every two weeks. You see if the store does well then the management will benefit not the employees, instead they will have to work more for the same pay. Or try this ...as an experiment apply at walmart even for a part time job and see for yourself behind the scenes. My last thing have ever considered that the amount of rude customers outweigh the employees. There are people in Sikeston that aren't the greatest folks.

United States

#76 Nov 5, 2008
wal-mart employee wrote:
I have worked for wal-mart for some time now and i agree with most of what is said here however,
Would you be so happy to work at this walmart and get paid below $8 an hour to be there 9 hrs a day and never know what your next day off will be scheduled on? Or how about the we can't even afford the insurance that they offer. it would be 160-190 dollars a month held out of a check that after taxes is less than 500 every two weeks. You see if the store does well then the management will benefit not the employees, instead they will have to work more for the same pay. Or try this ...as an experiment apply at walmart even for a part time job and see for yourself behind the scenes. My last thing have ever considered that the amount of rude customers outweigh the employees. There are people in Sikeston that aren't the greatest folks.
Just because you get rude customers doesn't mean you should be rude either however. Some of the customers just might be your next employer and you not know it yet. You never know what's gonna happen and no Walmart doesn't pay well, managers are a$$holes. But hopefully you won't be there all your life and someday will want or be able to find a better job. The nicer you are to your customers the better people will remember how you were a joy to be around.
OMG

Jackson, MO

#77 Nov 6, 2008
guest wrote:
If I was a manager at Wal-mart and I found out who u were, u would so b fired. If u wanna think stuff like that it is one thing but to say it out loud is just rude. Its ur attitude that makes it so hard on all the other minimum wage employees. U should b ashamed of ur self. Those customers are the reason u even bring home a paycheck. And they should b ur top priority. Sounds to me like u need a reality check. Just so u customers know we arent all like this fruitcake and I apologize for them. I appreciate u all even the rude ones. Have a nice day.
peaceful

Saint Louis, MO

#78 Nov 6, 2008
I am not saying that working at Wal-mart is a bad job, but I must say that most of the employees are not paid very well. There is a high turnover with cashiers and the selection of good people willing to work for that pay is not great. It goes back to the basic...you get what you pay for. If the employees had better pay and benifits maybe they would be more happy and helpful.
Hmmmm

United States

#79 Nov 6, 2008
I worked at Wal-Mart just over a year ago. I had worked there for 3 months when my house burned and I lost literally everthing but the clothes I was wearing. I asked for a week off and they told me I hadn't been there long enough to request something like that. I said I didn't expect to get paid, but needed some time to get situated with a place to live and some clothes etc. My supervisor said talk to on of the HR ladies, and she told me to talk to James (manager), who then told me if I missed any of my scheduled days I would be terminated. Up until that point, I had never called in nor had I been late or asked for any time off. He was very rude and unsympathetic to my situation. Needless to say I told them to shove it, and now have a job where I make almost twice as much.
Scary

Saint Louis, MO

#80 Nov 6, 2008
wal-mart employee wrote:
I am also a wal-mart employee and it sounds like to me that if your that unhappy you need to find another job, I love my job and I love the management team, they probably would have near the roughness if they didn't have to put up with people like you

Chesterfield, MO

#81 Jun 17, 2009
Speedy wrote:
Well, for the most part, it's not the cashiers being slow either, when the lines back up. It's the check writers, people can't remember their PIN, or the change diggers!! Get a couple of those in a row and you've a line to the back of the store!! I hate that!!
that is so true some customers get so rude thinking that its the cashier or lines but when someone has an ebt card and cant add while they are piling groceries into the cart and then get to the checkout and have to go thru it all again cause they got more stuff than they have money it takes a long time to take that stuff off of there!

Chesterfield, MO

#82 Jun 17, 2009
I like my job at walmart and I think for what we do we get paid well, its hard to find jobs that are secure people and right now walmart is about as secure as you are going to get, everyone gets rude every once in a while whether it be workers, customers or management, before you go calling all the workers and management in there rude, realize the customer before you could have been rude as hell about something stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for Mexican man (Nov '11) 26 min Daniel 197
rouchen 3 hr Ispyeye 5
music game (Sep '09) 3 hr Fairydust 8,591
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 3 hr Fairydust 1,859
Worse mothers around Sikeston 4 hr hoes 56
Sikeston Five letter word...Change one letter g... 4 hr Fairydust 678
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 4 hr Fairydust 1,475

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance