Next Last
just curious

Farmington, MO

#1 May 19, 2012
good place to work or not???
hshshs

Imperial, MO

#2 May 19, 2012
Yes it is unless you are a lazy crybaby then don't bother. We have hired enough of those
just curious

Farmington, MO

#3 May 19, 2012
how is the pay???

United States

#4 May 19, 2012
When are all you Alan wire ass kissers gonna quit leadin these poor unemployed people? Telling them it's a great place to work, oh the pay ain't bad blah blah blah blah. It's sucks out there unless you are military or a complete moron or both you will never be anything but a measly peasant trapped by a man who knows people need jobs and there arent many to get so he pretty much pays em like migrant workers while he rakes in millions a year. Go for it hope ya get it If you need money just don't be expecting alot or to be treated very well. Unless you are a wire nerd. Aka ben chessor, Richard loomis and all the other operators who settle for less!!!!
hshshs

Saint Louis, MO

#5 May 19, 2012
Pays alright. Had better amd worse but a very stable job. I can tell ya I make a little more than 14 an hr
thats good

United States

#6 May 19, 2012
hshshs wrote:
Pays alright. Had better amd worse but a very stable job. I can tell ya I make a little more than 14 an hr
That's good pay !
just curious

Farmington, MO

#7 May 19, 2012
no need to name people that work there or talk crap about em---i was just wonderin if it was a decent job or not

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#8 May 21, 2012
Its a job. Theres always gonna be those people that bad mouth a place,regardles,for whatever reason.
Its a hot environment,can be very fast paced,can be dangerous...its the nature of the what it is...a company that makes stuff out of metal.
Yes,physically,it can be demanding and yes it takes some getting used to,but its a job...and theyre not many jobs around.
Pay is a bit over $11.00 an hr to start,the insurance does suck..NOT worth having if youve a family,but good rates for a single person. The company does have a very high turnover rate because of the heat and physical aspect of the work,but its guaranteed a 40 hour week.
Bottom line is this..its a job. Somedays are easier than others. Go in,do your job,be an adult and youll do fine. The pay is better than most places around and they dont layoff. Decent benefits and holidays off. All in all its a good place. Heck..they even offer tuition reimbursment and will PAY you to goto college or vocational school.

Farmington, MO

#9 May 21, 2012
guest wrote:
Its a job. Theres always gonna be those people that bad mouth a place,regardles,for whatever reason.
Its a hot environment,can be very fast paced,can be dangerous...its the nature of the what it is...a company that makes stuff out of metal.
Yes,physically,it can be demanding and yes it takes some getting used to,but its a job...and theyre not many jobs around.
Pay is a bit over $11.00 an hr to start,the insurance does suck..NOT worth having if youve a family,but good rates for a single person. The company does have a very high turnover rate because of the heat and physical aspect of the work,but its guaranteed a 40 hour week.
Bottom line is this..its a job. Somedays are easier than others. Go in,do your job,be an adult and youll do fine. The pay is better than most places around and they dont layoff. Decent benefits and holidays off. All in all its a good place. Heck..they even offer tuition reimbursment and will PAY you to goto college or vocational school.
What an idiot. You just said the insurance sucks and is not worth having and then said they have decent benefits. Make up your mind. It is not hot you don't know hot. Come work where I work where people fall out every other day and I'll show you hot!! Alan wire sucks and yes I am former disgruntled employee!!!
V man

United States

#10 May 21, 2012
Do they have ac
Been there done that

United States

#11 Aug 8, 2012
Great place to work? If you think working at a place where the owners kids brag about not being able to be sued by an employee who almost died in one of their machines then go for it.
Operator

Sikeston, MO

#12 Jan 30, 2014
This job does suck I work there now have been there around 7 months and I'm already looking for another job as well as 100 percent of my co workers on my shift and all of c shift is too along with allot from day shift there is allot of problems there mostly from management and low raises we got a 35 cent raise this year and a 120 Xmas bonus only one day off for Xmas as well if u do get a job here know that yes you do get treated bad and if you are in extrusion you do not get a break they say you do and that you take it on your line that is true for some lines which run well and have little to do to keep them running but trust me on this you do not get a break I have had maybe 8 or 9 breaks since I started working there over a 7 month period I'm not the only one who complains about this mainly the job is that sucky job you get and suffer through until you find a better one but your better off just looking at a 10 to 12 an hour job and not come here to put up with the bullshit it's bad man I don't have a reason to lie to you this place needs a union
Concerned Wife

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2014
Just curious. Anyone know a Jenny that works 1st or 2nd @ Alan Wire? If so, homewrecker much? Or keep to herself good girl? My husband was saying her name in his sleep & "yea ill come over...I'm ready to go now." I need not say more. I mean what would u think? Info would be much appreciated. Thanks.
awemployee

Sikeston, MO

#14 Feb 1, 2014
No Jenny that I know of that works there. I'm a A shift operator and do not know of any Jenny's. To be honest, there's not a whole lot to look at here.
An actual worker

Dexter, MO

#15 Feb 5, 2014
Operator wrote:
This job does suck I work there now have been there around 7 months and I'm already looking for another job as well as 100 percent of my co workers on my shift and all of c shift is too along with allot from day shift there is allot of problems there mostly from management and low raises we got a 35 cent raise this year and a 120 Xmas bonus only one day off for Xmas as well if u do get a job here know that yes you do get treated bad and if you are in extrusion you do not get a break they say you do and that you take it on your line that is true for some lines which run well and have little to do to keep them running but trust me on this you do not get a break I have had maybe 8 or 9 breaks since I started working there over a 7 month period I'm not the only one who complains about this mainly the job is that sucky job you get and suffer through until you find a better one but your better off just looking at a 10 to 12 an hour job and not come here to put up with the bullshit it's bad man I don't have a reason to lie to you this place needs a union
The last thing that Alan Wire needs is a union. I've worked for unions and they only help the lazy workers... Ha, so I guess I can see why you would want one. Why don't you just go somewhere else that has a union if you don't like your job... Quit.
Alan Wire treats it's Employee's like human beings, where as the last Union job I had treated it's employees like machines. Soulless machines.
Please do us all a favor and go somewhere else.
justlookin

Birmingham, AL

#16 Apr 2, 2014
what is the start pay at Allen wire? how do you apply?
justlookin

Birmingham, AL

#17 Apr 2, 2014
Do you work much overtime?
worker

Sikeston, MO

#18 Apr 3, 2014
guest wrote:
When are all you Alan wire ass kissers gonna quit leadin these poor unemployed people? Telling them it's a great place to work, oh the pay ain't bad blah blah blah blah. It's sucks out there unless you are military or a complete moron or both you will never be anything but a measly peasant trapped by a man who knows people need jobs and there arent many to get so he pretty much pays em like migrant workers while he rakes in millions a year. Go for it hope ya get it If you need money just don't be expecting alot or to be treated very well. Unless you are a wire nerd. Aka ben chessor, Richard loomis and all the other operators who settle for less!!!!
You sound like you expect to get a check without working. Lazy lazy lazy. We don't need people like you.
No Union

Dexter, MO

#19 Apr 6, 2014
I've heard talk of Union.
Does anyone know? If so, can a person (hourly worker) stay out of the Union if they so choose? I've worked for unions before and they are terrible to work with. Terrible environment to be in. Always friction between Union and company. That and the only thing a union is good for is keeping the lazy workers from getting fired when they deserve to be.
Having worked in both Union plants and non Union plants I'd take a non Union any time... Which is why I chose to work at Alan Wire. The company seems to legitimately care about its employees, you are a name, not a number. I've paid Union dues for nothing, for years. Taxation without representation :( I said I'd never work in a union facility again... So if any of these rumors are true I just want to be company, if that's even possible.

United States

#20 Apr 6, 2014
You will never get a union in Alan Wire!! Been there seen how the work force would never stick together & owner treats them just good enough to keep most loyal .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 34 min Princess Hey 11,424
Public participation at School board meetings 40 min failing schools 172
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,419
* The ALPHABET Game * (Jul '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 4,766
Two words-last lettet of last word game (Sep '13) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,784
SPS Administrators (Jun '11) 7 hr sikeston parent 17
Homeless women with kids sitting at Miner McDon... 8 hr First UMC Member 30

Winter Storm Warning for Scott County was issued at March 04 at 4:36AM CST

Sikeston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sikeston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:08 am PST

NBC Sports 9:08AM
Kendall Langford visiting the defensive tackle-less Lions today
Bleacher Report 9:28 AM
Kendall Langford: Latest News, Rumors and Speculation on Free-Agent DT
Bleacher Report 4:32 AM
Chiefs Final Free-Agency Outlook and Predictions
Bleacher Report 6:35 PM
Should NFL Teams Consider Steep Price of Justin Houston Trade?
NBC Sports 2:56 AM
Kendall Langford has Jets, Saints visits after Lions trip