Sikeston track
Track Man

Bothell, WA

#1 May 16, 2009
Sikeston's boys track team won the fifteen team district track meet today in a blowout. Second year in a row as district champs. Ten athletes performed well enough to advance to the sectional meet next weekend in Farmington. The top four in each event qualify to advance. Several athletes advanced in multiple events:

Cal Lane - First place in long jump, high jump, triple jump and second in the 100

Tanner Bryant - Third place in the 110 meter hurdles and fourth place in the 300 meter hurdles
(6th place pole vault)

Tyler Combs - third place in the discus

Odell Thompson - fourth place in the discus

Ismail Johnson - first place in the 400 and 200

Dominic Fondon - second place in long jump, third place in triple jump and second place in 200

Josh Carlyle - 6th place shot put (did not qualify to advance)

Chris Simmons - 6th place 100 (did not qualify to advance)

Demetrius Jackson - second place triple jump

4x100 relay and 4x200 relay both finished first.

I may have made a few errors, but I think this is pretty close. I don't know the individual members of the winning relay teams. way to go dogs! They have a VERY legitimate chance of winning the state championship as a team in 2 weeks.
guest 1

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#2 May 18, 2009
YEA boys! way to go!! congradulations!!
kick a**!!
too close

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 May 22, 2009
yes its very excting to watch these group of boys stay strong and pray for a good outcome
bulldog alum

Memphis, TN

#4 May 22, 2009
Good luck at sectionals tommorrow guys and girls!!
Track Man

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#5 May 23, 2009
Sikeston dominated again today at the sectional meet. Of the ten athletes who qualified for sectional, nine qualified to move on to the state championship next week in Jefferson City:

Cal Lane - qualified in four events: long jump, high jump and triple jump with first place in all 3 events and set the school record in the long jump. He also qualified in the 100m dash, placing third.

Dominic Fondon - qualified in 2 individual events - long jump and triple jump and is part of the 1st place 4x200m relay

Ismail Johnson - qualified in two individual events - 1st place in the 400m dash and third in the 200m dash. Also part of the 4x200

The 4x100m relay team qualified for state placing first: CJ Council, Chris Simmons, Daryl Howard and Ismail Johnson

Tanner Bryant qualified in the 110m high hurdles

Odell Thompson qualified in the discus

Demetrius Jackson qualified in the triple jump.

Way to go!

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 May 23, 2009
Thanks for the update trackman. Congrats to the qualifying members

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
guestion 7 min Michael 20
crazy bart fitness (Aug '11) 10 min Guest 140
keep 1 drop 1 = + 3 stacked (Dec '13) 32 min Fairydust 1,972
music game (Sep '09) 39 min Fairydust 8,268
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 41 min Fairydust 1,541
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 47 min Fairydust 15,021
Sikeston Five letter word...Change one letter g... 48 min Fairydust 286

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance