Sikeston Drag Strip
ex-racer

Saint Louis, MO

#42 May 17, 2011
I used to race over there and the previous owner is a real bastard right along with his buddy next door. PS. The whole damn neighborhood is an eyesore
LOL
insider

Chicago, IL

#43 May 17, 2011
just saying wrote:
You cant do crap about it so don't try. the track owner is very respectful. has a rule on Sunday not to let nobody to start there engine untill noon. after church is over. they don't have to do it but they do. the drag strip is a business just like any thing else. what they do on there property is up to them. you can't control how loud something is you idiot!!!
Check out ray bobo on casenet don't know about the respectful part.
helper

Jackson, MO

#44 May 17, 2011
insider wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out ray bobo on casenet don't know about the respectful part.
want to know the truth about that i can tell you. I was there. Lets just say his pshyco ex girlfriend went coocoo. Which may have something to do with her admitting her self to the nut ward...in all honesty he had nothing to do with that. Stupid b!@#^ went crazy

Saint Louis, MO

#45 May 18, 2011
helper wrote:
<quoted text>want to know the truth about that i can tell you. I was there. Lets just say his pshyco ex girlfriend went coocoo. Which may have something to do with her admitting her self to the nut ward...in all honesty he had nothing to do with that. Stupid b!@#^ went crazy
really? then who drove her there? who is the controlling idiot that made her go nuts??? dummy
not surprised

Saint Louis, MO

#46 May 18, 2011
Just because shes a nut doesn't give the guy the right to hit her! UH by the way looks like he will fit right in with the other druggies in that neighborhood! LOL
insider

Chicago, IL

#47 May 18, 2011
I guess the pot he got charged with was hers too!
helper

Jackson, MO

#48 May 18, 2011
lmao, she hit him shows what you know......like i said I know what happened but anyhoo thats how rumors go and yes it was her pot too. Hard to believe but true.....
HaHa

Cape Girardeau, MO

#49 May 18, 2011
We have lived about a mile south of the dragstrip for almost 10 years.Yes, it was there when we moved in. I love hearing the cars racing... signs of spring and summer. When the wind is blowing from the north it is like they are in my yard. If its blowing from the south... don't hear much. But this past Saturday night It was keeping me awake at 2:oo am... In the past, around midnight it was usually over. Don't tell us to move if we don't like it. Midnight is one thing.... but 2,3,4 am is another.. Start earlier so it can be over at a decent time....

United States

#50 May 19, 2011
Don't say there's nothing we can do about it, becauae there is. That's the reason you guys are getting so pissy.
helper

Jackson, MO

#51 May 19, 2011
guest wrote:
<quoted text>really? then who drove her there? who is the controlling idiot that made her go nuts??? dummy
she drove herself and he was only with her for a short time retard
helper

Jackson, MO

#52 May 19, 2011
HaHa wrote:
We have lived about a mile south of the dragstrip for almost 10 years.Yes, it was there when we moved in. I love hearing the cars racing... signs of spring and summer. When the wind is blowing from the north it is like they are in my yard. If its blowing from the south... don't hear much. But this past Saturday night It was keeping me awake at 2:oo am... In the past, around midnight it was usually over. Don't tell us to move if we don't like it. Midnight is one thing.... but 2,3,4 am is another.. Start earlier so it can be over at a decent time....
all racers pray for it to be over at a decent hour..there was a big event there saturday which is what took so long. believe me they were mad too, but there are things that happen out there that slows the races down, for example and oil spill, it stops races for an hour just to clean up. I'm sure those racers would gladly be in bed at three in the morning than still racing. But it happens now and then..

Sikeston, MO

#53 May 19, 2011
Victor wrote:
If your not living your dying. For what you lost in sleep I lost 10 fold in Iraq. Courtesy of United States Marine Corps retired 2008.
If you think loud motors is disturbing try WAR.When I was alomost killed several times all I thought about was my family and living the dream of drag racing, thats it. Now that I survived Im in St Louis and I just bought a drag car thats loud as hell.
Living the dream and coming your way at the end of Apr 2011.
Semper Fidelis
What does the dragstrip got to do with you claiming to being a jarhead? IF you were in, you sound like a cook or truck driver, real combat vets (which I am one) don't look for some kind of sympathy like this.

Chicago, IL

#54 May 19, 2011
Ray doesn't own the drag strip anymore. A church shouldn't have been built by the drag strip and if you bothered by the noise you shouldn't live out there. Don't complain about it now... If your up anyways from the noise then go your happy tail to the races and watch! You may even enjoy it :) haha.
EX Drag Racer

Saint Louis, MO

#55 May 19, 2011
drag racer wrote:
My guess is the main complainer is the man who lives at the end of the dragstrip. He's always bitchin about it. Let me lay this out for you. This dragstrip has been here longer than any of the houses out here. No one seems to care except for a few certain people. Quit your bitching and whinning and live with it and if you cant pack ur shit up and move the hell on. I know exactly who is the main bitcher here and just for your info since you seem to know everything the shut down area for the track is 1011 feet not 665. And the old Ray is no longer there, it is a new owner..so before you decide to run your chops about something you know nothin about, try and think twice. Pack your shit up and hit the road,,,oh and take that funky ass "smurf" blue eyesore of a house with ya.....thanx
I used to race at the Sikeston Drag Strip. Was down there quite a bit.

Ray was always a pompous ass. Always thought something wasn't right about him.

As for the length of the shutdown area. Ray always told people it was over 1000 feet too, but that's a lie.

For those that want the truth, go measure it. I did.

Start at the property line, the fence, then measure all the way back up to the finish line trip lights. It's exactly 665 feet.

Ever wonder why it's not an NHRA track? This is why. It's not safe enough to be sanctioned by them.

This is also why some of us 4 second boys won't be coming back.
guest and racer

Nashville, TN

#56 May 19, 2011
This past sat night was no big event. We had just enuf cars for a full payout. There was a couple extra classes with only a hand full of cars. The problem gets worse the farther the ex owner gets away. When old owner was there gates opened at 3:00 and cars were going down the track at 4:00. Now gates open the same 3:00 but first cars going down track at about 5:30 and only to find track not prepped good enuf for slow foot brake cars. So then there is an hour delay to get track prepped. Then open time runs for 1 hour, and then 2 time runs per class?????????? then two rounds of buy-backs?????????. If there are open time runs for an hour then there needs to be only 1 time run per class. Race was not over until 4:00 AM. I backed my trailer in the driveway at 7:30 AM. For a normal race that is not acceptable. No reason not to be done at midnight with a normal car count. The owner is taking a hit as his employees are on the clock way too long for a normal car count as well. Hope he figures out a better system soon or he will lose his ass. we don't need another racetrack to close.
Joe

Chicago, IL

#57 May 20, 2011
I have raced there all my life, I love it. BUT this late crap has to stop !!!! New owner, get your shit together or people will do something else. PS, drugs are bad !!!

Saint Louis, MO

#58 May 20, 2011
suckers!!!!! ya keep coming back!!!! suckers!!!! whos your daddy!!!!! who do YOU give your money to? SUCKERS!!!!!

Jackson, MO

#59 May 20, 2011
This is just down right hilarious. Here lets just lay it out....This track has been here longer than any of these houses out here...right! So, that means when you come out here to buy your house you knew exactly what you were getting into right!!! Wow there's a dragstrip right in my neighborhood,,I bet there's gonna be loud noises, maybe even late in the night hmmm. So now that you've purchased your homes out here by the dragstrip you wanna whine like a bunch of babies. Well, here's the only advise i have for you....GET OVER IT. I mean seriously, is there really nothing more than you have to do with your precious time than bitch about something you have NO control over. ugh, i mean for real, you also happen to probly hear interstate 55 all hours of the night too right. Stupid semis. Here lets complain, maybe they'll shut down 55 too. lmao,
fastest street car fan

United States

#60 May 24, 2011
Thumbs up to Victor!!! Hope to see ya round! Was reading this out dated stuff and read yours, and wanted to take this opportunity to thank you and all the others who have fought and gave so much in the land of the lost. I am happy to hear you are able to see a dream come true. Thank You again!!!
fastest street car fan

United States

#61 May 24, 2011
guest wrote:
This is just down right hilarious. Here lets just lay it out....This track has been here longer than any of these houses out here...right! So, that means when you come out here to buy your house you knew exactly what you were getting into right!!! Wow there's a dragstrip right in my neighborhood,,I bet there's gonna be loud noises, maybe even late in the night hmmm. So now that you've purchased your homes out here by the dragstrip you wanna whine like a bunch of babies. Well, here's the only advise i have for you....GET OVER IT. I mean seriously, is there really nothing more than you have to do with your precious time than bitch about something you have NO control over. ugh, i mean for real, you also happen to probly hear interstate 55 all hours of the night too right. Stupid semis. Here lets complain, maybe they'll shut down 55 too. lmao,
I agree with this. I live behind the Benton track (used to be) and miss the hell out of it. I enjoyed the roundy round and the straight line in person or sittin on the porch and picturin where they were on the track!!! I am jealous of those who get the noise for free!! It reminds me of the old commercial on tv where a couple lying in bed were tossing and turning trying to sleep as a guy next door was working on a FORD truck ( go figure )(lol) the man got out of bed and opened the window to let that outragous noise in..guess what.... THEY WENT TO SLEEP!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
**(Last Post)** (Apr '12) 4 min Alex Nicole 2,465
Time to vote politicians out of Sikeston 1 hr neerdowell 6
Sikeston is 1 hr Ronnie Bryant 40
music game (Sep '09) 2 hr Fairydust 9,834
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 3 hr Fairydust 3,038
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 3 hr Princess Hey 17,189
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 3 hr Princess Hey 2,646

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance