Next Last
Booboo

Dallas, TX

#1 Apr 22, 2011
Alford plea?
curious

Jackson, MO

#2 Apr 22, 2011
OMG---He got 5 years supervised probation for shooting a man in the back, what is wrong with our judicial system? I'm sorry for the victims family.
Booboo

Chicago, IL

#3 Apr 22, 2011
curious wrote:
OMG---He got 5 years supervised probation for shooting a man in the back, what is wrong with our judicial system? I'm sorry for the victims family.
I will work hard to get Paul Boyd voted out for this! I have voted for him but no more! He let me down! He is as sorry as they come!! He let it drag out until the public forgot and then let the killer off! Shot him in the back no less!!
Wasted

Chicago, IL

#4 Apr 22, 2011
He got away with it! I guess we all knew he would. That's pretty sorry!!!
Agree

United States

#5 Apr 23, 2011
WTF is all I got to say.
Lezleigh

Denver, CO

#6 Apr 23, 2011
Unless anyone of you know the whole story, u really should shut up. Wtf would each and everyone of u do if you were being robbed?

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Apr 23, 2011
Lezleigh wrote:
Unless anyone of you know the whole story, u really should shut up. Wtf would each and everyone of u do if you were being robbed?
He shot him in the back you twit !!
yes

Jackson, MO

#8 Apr 23, 2011
N THE BACK CUZ THE DUMBASS WAS STEALING HIS STUFF! BET THAT PIECE OF SHIT WONT DO IT AGAIN!

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Apr 23, 2011
yes wrote:
N THE BACK CUZ THE DUMBASS WAS STEALING HIS STUFF! BET THAT PIECE OF SHIT WONT DO IT AGAIN!
Very intelligent statement, he obviously won't do it again because he's dead. I hate thieves as much as anyone but shooting someone in the back is wrong and he got away with it. You have the right to your opinion, so do I.
Lezleigh

Denver, CO

#10 Apr 23, 2011
Like I sed..if u weren't there, it doesn't partain to u! So get over it

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Apr 23, 2011
Lezleigh wrote:
Like I sed..if u weren't there, it doesn't partain to u! So get over it
I hate arguing with a dumb azz like you. Partain, wtf, it's pertain you idiot, and he still shot him in the back, obviously a drunk azz coward shooting a drunk azz thief. I'm over it, it doesn't affect me in any way except my opinion. Miscarriage of justice.
Lezleigh

Denver, CO

#12 Apr 23, 2011
Sorry I didn't realize this was a Spelling Bee..or that u were there that night OR that you were God himself! Your quick to get on here and state your crap-driven opinion about Mr. Eldriges actions, what happened, what's right, what's wrong, but you forgot to put the one thing that might let us "narrow minded" people know that you have any real insite on the case, where's your name? I didn't recall anyone named "guest" in the newspaper article about the shooting?? Then again, I'm such a non-spelling idiot that I may have missed it! Til you have enough testicle matter or whatever it is u are harboring, to put ur name....eat shit
Lezleigh

Denver, CO

#13 Apr 23, 2011
And anyone who gets a gun put in their theiving ass face is sure to turn and run! Mr Eldridge is serving prison time also since all of you case critics seem to be unaware
yes

Jackson, MO

#14 Apr 23, 2011
Lezleigh wrote:
And anyone who gets a gun put in their theiving ass face is sure to turn and run! Mr Eldridge is serving prison time also since all of you case critics seem to be unaware
bOBBY IS NOT IN JAIL OR PRISON, I TALKED TO HIM LASTNIGHT ON FB, I am sure he has had a hard time dealing with all this,May God be with him and his family!
Lezleigh

Denver, CO

#15 Apr 23, 2011
Never said he was in PRISON NOW...he will have to do some prison time. Since he's ur facebook buddy, ask him. He will tell ya
yes

Jackson, MO

#16 Apr 23, 2011
Ok from everything I have seen and heard 5 yrs papers.

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Apr 23, 2011
Lezleigh wrote:
I know you're not a good speller but you also don't know past tense from present tense. When you say Mr. Eldridge "is" serving prison that means he's presently serving prison time, maybe you meant "was", and that would be correct. You jumped down someone's throat because they corrected you on that point. Your best bet is stfu, you're really showing your ignorance.

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Apr 23, 2011
yes wrote:
<quoted text>bOBBY IS NOT IN JAIL OR PRISON, I TALKED TO HIM LASTNIGHT ON FB, I am sure he has had a hard time dealing with all this,May God be with him and his family!
At least he's alive, may God be with his victim and his family also. Don't know why Bobby is having a hard time he got off easy if you ask me. He should be thanking his lucky stars.
sike63801

Mountain Home, AR

#19 Apr 23, 2011
Guilty plea entered for 2007 death
Sikeston man was placed on five years supervised probation

BENTON — A Sikeston man pled guilty Thursday to voluntary manslaughter for a fatal shooting nearly four years ago. Robert Eldridge, 49, was sentenced to 15 years in prison for the Class B felony of voluntary manslaughter for shooting Roger Winfield, according to Scott County Prosecuting Attorney Paul Boyd. The sentence was ordered suspended and Eldridge was placed on five years supervised probation by Circuit Judge Fred Copeland.

The sentence stems from an incident which began May 26, 2007, when Eldridge invited Winfield to drink alcohol with him at his Sikeston home.

“On this date, Mr. Winfield and Mr. Eldridge consumed whiskey at the house and made a trip to a convenience store to purchase more,” said Boyd.“After arriving back at the house from the alcohol trip, Mr. Winfield, using an excuse to go to the bathroom, attempted to take a couple of weapons from Mr. Eldridge’s home.”

At this point, law enforcement officers determined Eldridge fired a .25 caliber pistol two times in the house. Officers found two spent shell casings inside the residence and a bullet hole above the back door and across the street in a neighbor’s house that traveled through the opening of the back door, the prosecutor said.

“ Sometime after the first two shots, Mr. Eldridge returned the long weapons back inside his house and made a 911 call to police reporting a man at his residence had a heart attack. Shortly after this call, a third shot was heard and reported by a neighbor,” Boyd said.

When police arrived, they found Eldridge standing by Winfield with an unloaded .22 caliber handgun in his hand. A .25 caliber weapon was on the ground near Winfield, who died from a gunshot to his back that injured his heart, officials later determined.

At that time Eldridge told officers the shooting was self defense and stated Winfield had shot at him. Also Winfield was found with items taken from Eldridge’s house in the front pockets of his pants.

Boyd pointed out Eldridge’s claims were not supported by the evidence from the scene. Also Eldridge’s blood alcohol content tested .24 BAC at the Sikeston Department of Public Safety which is three times the legal limit in Missouri.

“The law of self defense does not support the use of deadly force in the protection of one’s property despite what many may believe in the community. In this instance, Mr. Eldridge knew Mr. Winfield. Since Mr. Eldridge knew Mr. Winfield, he could have called law enforcement about the stealing with the same 911 call he used to report a heart attack. Further, the law of self-defense does not protect the ‘initial aggressor’ in an assault situation. Here, the weight of the evidence would indicate Mr. Eldridge in a drunken and angry state chased Mr. Winfield from the back door of his house to the front yard and used deadly force to retrieve and stop the stealing of his property,” Boyd said.

Boyd praised the Sikeston Department of Public Safety’s investigation into the fatal shooting.

“This event is tragic for both the victim’s family and the defendant’s family. A myriad of very poor decisions made by both men set the stage for the criminal acts committed,” Boyd concluded.
Wasted

Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 23, 2011
Eldridge killed that man without remorse and got away with it! He probably celebrated by getting drunk and high on drugs just like he was the night he killed him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
music game (Sep '09) 57 min Vector aka Victor... 10,170
Make a sentence from a 5 letter word (Jul '14) 1 hr Vector aka Victor... 3,389
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 1 hr Vector aka Victor... 2,961
Gas 3 hr Guest 4
Armed robbery 4 hr Toby 61
Eye Glasses are a rip off 6 hr Ripped Off 5
Last Word ~~~First word (Nov '14) 10 hr Alyssa76 1,576

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance