Sikeston man dies in motorcycle crash...

Sikeston man dies in motorcycle crash in Scott County

There are 103 comments on the KFVS12 story from Dec 18, 2010, titled Sikeston man dies in motorcycle crash in Scott County. In it, KFVS12 reports that:

A Sikeston man died Saturday afternoon after the motorcycle he was riding crashed into a tree.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KFVS12.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
so sad

Fenton, MO

#1 Dec 19, 2010
Is this the same Mark Childers that was married to
Nancy? I am so sorry for the family and they are in my prayers

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Dec 19, 2010
yes. It is very sad for the family.
class of 1982

United States

#3 Dec 19, 2010
is mark larry brother]
ol friend

United States

#4 Dec 19, 2010
our prayers go out to Jennifer an her brother. it's hard enough to lose one parent but to lose to in a matter of a few years is terrible. my girls went to school with them years ago. but we moved away. R.I.P. Mark you always made us laugh an we know you loved your kids.. does anyone know when the services are?
affirmative

Jackson, MO

#5 Dec 19, 2010
class of 1982 wrote:
is mark larry brother]
yes, that is the same guy. very sad. he stayed messed up alot, but that is a terrible way to go...poor family/friends. prayers are with you guys.
lost

Cleburne, TX

#6 Dec 20, 2010
That is terrible. We Didn't know Nancy passed away? What happened to her? I used to babysit "popeye" and Jennifer.

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Dec 20, 2010
Very sad im praying for the family in this horriable time of loss.
ruserious

Cedar Grove, NJ

#8 Dec 20, 2010
affirmative wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, that is the same guy. very sad. he stayed messed up alot, but that is a terrible way to go...poor family/friends. prayers are with you guys.
what a nice thing to say. I am not condoning that behavior but get real. This man was truly liked and loved.

Columbia, MO

#9 Dec 20, 2010
mark was a true friend of my familys and i will miss you so much mark R.I.P. and my thoughts and prayers go out to John Marks brother and family.
Vickie

AOL

#10 Dec 20, 2010
Mark will be missed ~ such a sweetie.... Prayers are with his family ... And Mark was always so kind to others .
so sorry

Granite City, IL

#11 Dec 20, 2010
To whoever keeps judging these as funny, nuts, ect...you should feel ashamed of yourself. Have a little heart and if you don't have anything nice to say, then do us all a favor and don't get on this forum. Mark was a good friend to my family and will truely be missed. He sure was a character and will never be forgotten. &#9829;

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Dec 20, 2010
My thoughts are with his children and his family at this very sad time. To whomever finds humor in this tragedy, there is something seriously wrong with you. Seek help.
the truth

Jackson, MO

#13 Dec 20, 2010
ruserious wrote:
<quoted text>what a nice thing to say. I am not condoning that behavior but get real. This man was truly liked and loved.
is, what it is. everyone knows how he was..so i do not think that anything bad was being stated when someone posted that. it is/was the truth!
Crash RRMC

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Dec 20, 2010
please people remember that Marks family will be reading these thing. I knew him 25 years and never knew him to do anything mean or dishonest. I saw him help anyone who ever asked him, and some who he just noticed needed help. I will miss him and these are the only things i feel the need to share about him. please think about what you post on this thread.
the truth

Jackson, MO

#15 Dec 20, 2010
Crash RRMC wrote:
please people remember that Marks family will be reading these thing. I knew him 25 years and never knew him to do anything mean or dishonest. I saw him help anyone who ever asked him, and some who he just noticed needed help. I will miss him and these are the only things i feel the need to share about him. please think about what you post on this thread.
people are remembered in many different ways. people that truly knew him, knew how he really was. i, also know how he was. if people want to be remembered by what they DIDNT do, then it is advisable that you do not do things that would leave people things to talk about. he had a good heart, just bad habits. its true, everyone knows it..so no need to try and sugarcoat anything. people need to wake up and live their lives different, because we can all go in the blink of an eye.
Crash

Saint Louis, MO

#16 Dec 20, 2010
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
people are remembered in many different ways. people that truly knew him, knew how he really was. i, also know how he was. if people want to be remembered by what they DIDNT do, then it is advisable that you do not do things that would leave people things to talk about. he had a good heart, just bad habits. its true, everyone knows it..so no need to try and sugarcoat anything. people need to wake up and live their lives different, because we can all go in the blink of an eye.
Look you heartless bastard, I wasn't trying to sugar coat anything, I was talking about common respect for the dead, and the innocent people left behind. you want to talk about the mote in another mans eye, get the tree out of your own eye. what makes you so morally superior that you can get on here anonymously and cast aspersions on someone unable to defend himself. Mark will never read this, any problem your hypocritical self may have had will never be settled. But there is a chance that his family will read this. What did they do wrong to make you think you now have a right to judge him in public. why don't you go back to writing on bathroom walls?

Chicago, IL

#17 Dec 20, 2010
Mark was a good friend of my family he like to stay messed up but he had the biggest heart anyone could have,he would do anything for u! And 1 day away from the 2 year anniversary of nancys death it's said I seen him earlier that day he will b truly missed
the truth

Jackson, MO

#18 Dec 20, 2010
guest wrote:
Mark was a good friend of my family he like to stay messed up but he had the biggest heart anyone could have,he would do anything for u! And 1 day away from the 2 year anniversary of nancys death it's said I seen him earlier that day he will b truly missed
THANK YOU! see, EVERYONE knew it..so you "crash" ...aka "heartless son of a b*tch"..(since you like name calling) cannot hide the truth of one that everyone already knew. if you dont like the truth, stay your noname self also, off of topix. hypocrite? take a look in the mirror! this is topix, a PUBLIC forum, where anyone can express their views on anything they want. last i remembered, i lived in a free country. you are awefully defensive. seems to me that you were a partner in crime also, huh? monkey see, monkey do idiot!

“DONT HIDE BEHIND WORDS”

Since: Jan 09

SIKESTON

#19 Dec 20, 2010
Mark was married to nancy who was my cousin! he loved his wife and kids! and was always smiling! i just had lunch with him Friday at curbies and he was really happy and was talking about spending time with jennifer and jason Sunday! everytime i would see him he would show me a pic of his grandbabies! he was a great guy and will be missed! leave him be and let them RiP
well

Jackson, MO

#20 Dec 20, 2010
memeofmany wrote:
Mark was married to nancy who was my cousin! he loved his wife and kids! and was always smiling! i just had lunch with him Friday at curbies and he was really happy and was talking about spending time with jennifer and jason Sunday! everytime i would see him he would show me a pic of his grandbabies! he was a great guy and will be missed! leave him be and let them RiP
your name is melissa right? has your babies daddies mom raising your kids? yea, you are really one to talk. mark had a big heart, but no-did not live the way he shouldve. truth hurts sometimes. i could care less what people have to say about me when i pass, because it would have to be past history. i have changed my ways, thank God. don't think people are saying things, just to be saying them. if you really knew mark, you know the truth also. noone is perfect and we are all human. when people are posting on here telling things, they are telling how they remembered him. sorry, but everyone remembers him the same way!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For the Truth 1 hr guest 2
Is Fox Haven Country Club for white trash??? (Jun '13) 3 hr Not hip 42
Why are whites so mad at blacks for not standin... 13 hr Massa 22
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 15 hr Princess Hey 18,018
6 Word Sentence (Apr '15) 15 hr Princess Hey 3,448
Compassion Church 17 hr Guest 12
music game (Sep '09) 17 hr Vector aka Victor... 10,559

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance