seeker

Jackson, MO

#103 Aug 28, 2009
I'm going to check it out this weekend .. If its occupied I will ask the tennants/ owners some questions.. maybe they can shed some light on the subject

Columbia, MO

#104 Aug 28, 2009
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is the group in the area? I'd love to know some other places, and I'd love to do the next class.
SCTC had the class. I believe the group was from St. Louis that came down to teach it.
Old Man

United States

#105 Aug 28, 2009
seeker wrote:
I'm going to check it out this weekend .. If its occupied I will ask the tennants/ owners some questions.. maybe they can shed some light on the subject
Let us know what you find out.
seeker

Jackson, MO

#106 Aug 28, 2009
Old Man wrote:
<quoted text> Let us know what you find out.
You got it
RIP

AOL

#107 Aug 28, 2009
Haunted things in and around sikeston
www.missourighosts.net/sikeston.html

At one time Harts was haunted. In the late 60's me and my girlfriend went parking there. We parked there many times and never saw anything. One Friday night when we were getting ready to leave the cemetary a light rain fell. My tires just kept spinning, I was stuck. I told my girlfriend I would have to walk down to the house and get help. It was the house across from the rodeo grounds. As I got out of the car it was scary as hell. I turned to her and ask her if she wanted to go with me. She said no I would wait here for you. As I'm going through the graveyard I fell in a hole and tripped. I got back up and started off again. I was sure glad to see the road. As I'm walking to this house I kept thinking about my girlfriend I left in the car. I make it to the house and ask the guy if he would pull me out. He wasn't to happy but he got on his tractor and we took off. As we came upon my car I could see her, she was fine. We left and as we were driving she said why were you trying to scare me. I had no idea what she was talking about and promised her I would never do anything like that. A chill went through her. She told me to the left of my door was someone standing and looking at me. She couldn't make out what it was but she described it as someone in white with scraggly long hair. She said as she saw the tractor approaching it walked off into the woods. The next morning I went out there to see if I could see any footprints. It being pretty sandy I did see my footsteps but no others. Although I walked over to where I fell and what I saw scared the hell out of me. People in the early 1900's were buried in wooden coffins. Most of these graves were sucken in from being rotten. But the grave that I tripped over was from someone of the same last name. I went home and told my dad and asked him who this was. It was his dad that died in 1916. How strange things happen but after that night I never went back when it was dark.
really

Moberly, MO

#108 Aug 29, 2009
oh ya
RIP wrote:
Haunted things in and around sikeston
www.missourighosts.net/sikeston.html
At one time Harts was haunted. In the late 60's me and my girlfriend went parking there. We parked there many times and never saw anything. One Friday night when we were getting ready to leave the cemetary a light rain fell. My tires just kept spinning, I was stuck. I told my girlfriend I would have to walk down to the house and get help. It was the house across from the rodeo grounds. As I got out of the car it was scary as hell. I turned to her and ask her if she wanted to go with me. She said no I would wait here for you. As I'm going through the graveyard I fell in a hole and tripped. I got back up and started off again. I was sure glad to see the road. As I'm walking to this house I kept thinking about my girlfriend I left in the car. I make it to the house and ask the guy if he would pull me out. He wasn't to happy but he got on his tractor and we took off. As we came upon my car I could see her, she was fine. We left and as we were driving she said why were you trying to scare me. I had no idea what she was talking about and promised her I would never do anything like that. A chill went through her. She told me to the left of my door was someone standing and looking at me. She couldn't make out what it was but she described it as someone in white with scraggly long hair. She said as she saw the tractor approaching it walked off into the woods. The next morning I went out there to see if I could see any footprints. It being pretty sandy I did see my footsteps but no others. Although I walked over to where I fell and what I saw scared the hell out of me. People in the early 1900's were buried in wooden coffins. Most of these graves were sucken in from being rotten. But the grave that I tripped over was from someone of the same last name. I went home and told my dad and asked him who this was. It was his dad that died in 1916. How strange things happen but after that night I never went back when it was dark.
more

United States

#109 Aug 29, 2009
i want to hear more about places like these, lol i was expecting crack pots but there was some interesting things on here. especially about history!

Saint Louis, MO

#110 Aug 30, 2009
I thing it would be interesting to go on one of these ghost hunts. You don't have to believe, just keep a open mind.
i hear ya

Saint Louis, MO

#111 Aug 30, 2009
I think you can make anything scary if you really want to. I know some nights I get unnerved or a little scared just taking my dog out or taking the trash out. If I have been watching a scary movie or Unsolved Mysteries, sometimes even those specials on Lifetime, I walk a little faster and try to get my ass back inside a little quicker! One night my friend showed me the clip from 3 men and a baby where you could supposedly see the little boy's ghost standing by the window. I swear I kept my doors locked all the way home and kept checking the rear view mirror expecting to see the little kid standing in my backseat or something! I know I am silly but oh well.
johnny boy

Greenbrier, AR

#112 Aug 31, 2009
Out of Towner wrote:
I have heard about the light and about the blue baby All my life. That means over 40 years, unfortunately. My Brother and some friends claimed they saw the light on the railroad track many years ago. We always went ghost hunting as teenagers. Many graveyards and houses all around Sikeston and Benton to find some spooky things going on.
My dad claims he and some friends encountered the light on the tracks one night. said it blinked in and out; coming closer to thier car with each blink. Then it blinked on inside the car with them, and the engine died and the car went dead. Then it blinked out and back on outside the car on the opposite side, continuing down the tracks. They said they restarted the car and left, vowing never to return.
great_ceasars_gh ost

Saint Louis, MO

#113 Aug 31, 2009
There are indeed real hauntings ... many of the stories are old legends, and circulated for years, but a percentage are truly real. The house I live in has two resident ghosts who play little tricks, and some times fight amoung themselves.

I have notarized statements from some who observed ghostly or paranormal activities at 247 North Ranney, and a couple of the older houses on North Kingshighway, just North of Baker Lane, which were also part of the underground railway in the civil war era.

Much of the phenomena can be explained in time, but perhaps 10 - 20% is absolutely real.
RIP

AOL

#114 Sep 2, 2009
Just to let everyone know, the cemetary is actually very huge. The part that has a fence around it is just a small poetion. The road that turns in and goes west is actually on the cemetary. That hole hillside is graves. The ity threw all the markers away. My grandfather was buried there in 1916 and his marker has also been hauled off. Folks this is the pioneers of Sikeston buried their. I called the city they knew nothing what I was talking about.
Calvin

United States

#115 Sep 2, 2009
i hear ya wrote:
I think you can make anything scary if you really want to. I know some nights I get unnerved or a little scared just taking my dog out or taking the trash out. If I have been watching a scary movie or Unsolved Mysteries, sometimes even those specials on Lifetime, I walk a little faster and try to get my ass back inside a little quicker! One night my friend showed me the clip from 3 men and a baby where you could supposedly see the little boy's ghost standing by the window. I swear I kept my doors locked all the way home and kept checking the rear view mirror expecting to see the little kid standing in my backseat or something! I know I am silly but oh well.
That actually wasn't a ghost of a little boy. It was a mini-cardboard cutout of Ted Danson. It was a hoax - or at least a myth.
i hear ya

Saint Louis, MO

#116 Sep 2, 2009
Calvin wrote:
<quoted text>That actually wasn't a ghost of a little boy. It was a mini-cardboard cutout of Ted Danson. It was a hoax - or at least a myth.
Well I don't care it still scared the sh*t out of me. Which is kind of the point of my post, there was really no reason for me to be scared regardless of what it was but I managed to scare myself I guess by buying into it.
yea

Moberly, MO

#117 Sep 2, 2009
are you talking about the ferenburg light (east prarie light) it made my truck shut off and it was carberated
johnny boy wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad claims he and some friends encountered the light on the tracks one night. said it blinked in and out; coming closer to thier car with each blink. Then it blinked on inside the car with them, and the engine died and the car went dead. Then it blinked out and back on outside the car on the opposite side, continuing down the tracks. They said they restarted the car and left, vowing never to return.
The ghost

AOL

#118 Sep 2, 2009
Every other Friday night us guys would head over there. I never seen anything although my brother one night was parking with a girl. As they were making out a small white ball about the size of a ping pong ball came through the window and danced around on the dash. He was so scared that he couldn't get the key in the ignition. He got out of there......If you want to know a little history about Sikeston I have some interesting post on the title DOES ANYONE REMEMBER THE MALONE THEATER AND HODGE DECKER Sikeston was actually the first ROSEWELL....UFO Very Interesting
Morehouse Gal

Farmington, MO

#119 Sep 9, 2009
Is the house over here in Morehouse the old Zelmer house? It's the only one I can think of that used to be behind the mill. It has been gone for a long time. I've heard that the foundation is still there. I've never seen it. My cousin told me that on Halloween he saw the outline of the old house in the dark. I don't know if it's true or not. He may just have been trying to scare his baby cousin. I do know it's blocked off and you would have to walk. It's a pretty long walk from what I hear. The gentleman who owns the land is very nice. He'd probably let you go back there if you asked.
Old Man

Saint Louis, MO

#120 Sep 9, 2009
Morehouse Gal wrote:
Is the house over here in Morehouse the old Zelmer house? It's the only one I can think of that used to be behind the mill. It has been gone for a long time. I've heard that the foundation is still there. I've never seen it. My cousin told me that on Halloween he saw the outline of the old house in the dark. I don't know if it's true or not. He may just have been trying to scare his baby cousin. I do know it's blocked off and you would have to walk. It's a pretty long walk from what I hear. The gentleman who owns the land is very nice. He'd probably let you go back there if you asked.
The house is not behind the old mill,. When you go over the tracks to the mill, turn left go down along side the tracks. On the right about half way down that road was a big house, with a point on top (I think). That's the house.
Morehouse Gal

Farmington, MO

#121 Sep 9, 2009
On Sarno, there is a green house that I thought always looked like a castle. It has like a tower looking top on the front. This might be it or I'm just confused.
Oh Me

Edenton, NC

#122 Sep 9, 2009
I really enjoy reading this thread. I rather have always prided myself in not believing in ghosts and thought I was not timid about things that go bump in the night; however, I am not so sure since I was working late one night and out of the corner of my eye saw something move in outside the window. I spun around, felt the adrenalin of the fright/blight mode kick in and screamed in reaction while getting up out of my chair-- before I realized the reflection was of me. Oh, me, did I feel silly after that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 1 min Princess Hey 15,198
True or False Game (Apr '14) 41 min Fairydust 2,565
Why do whites play victims... THEY CAN DISH IT,... 45 min Flash suppressor 21
4 Word Phrase Game (Dec '13) 50 min Princess Hey 2,912
keep 1 drop 1 = + 3 stacked (Dec '13) 53 min Princess Hey 2,105
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 54 min Princess Hey 4,153
* The ALPHABET Game * (Jul '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 5,869

Sikeston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance