who do you contact to purchase a condemned house?

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

missinggrandma

Park Hills, MO

#1 Jun 30, 2009
there is a house that has been been condemned as a public nuisance. Is there anyway i might purchase this house so they wont tear it down? i would like to fix it up and live there because i grew up in this house. does anybody have any help i would really appreciate it.
some do

Sikeston, MO

#2 Jun 30, 2009
missinggrandma wrote:
there is a house that has been been condemned as a public nuisance. Is there anyway i might purchase this house so they wont tear it down? i would like to fix it up and live there because i grew up in this house. does anybody have any help i would really appreciate it.
awww that's a good idea please some one help her i wish i could.
missinggrandma

Park Hills, MO

#3 Jun 30, 2009
this was my grandmas house her and my grandpa bought it when my mom was a little girl and they lived there until she became sick. my aunt sold the house. it was only a couple years ago and i seen the house today and it just tore me up inside to see the yard not mowed. the trees half falling down and god knows what on the inside.
someone help

Park Hills, MO

#4 Jun 30, 2009
someone pleas help her
IrishLass

Sikeston, MO

#5 Jun 30, 2009
If the house has been condemned all you can do is call the city and see if they have it on the list to be destroyed. If they have taken over the property they might allow you to purchase it from them but you are going to have a tight time frame to fix it up or they will begin to ticket you. On top of that, you will have to have city and county inspectors come out and check every stage of the remodelling to insure that it is habitable structurally. Good luck!
missinggrandma

Park Hills, MO

#6 Jul 1, 2009
the outside still looks good and one window is out.the neighbors said the house just needed to be cleaned real well. the last people that lived there were arrested so i don't know what for.
my grandpa built half that house himself so unless the people did something to it then it should be fine
city

Sikeston, MO

#7 Jul 1, 2009
missinggrandma wrote:
the outside still looks good and one window is out.the neighbors said the house just needed to be cleaned real well. the last people that lived there were arrested so i don't know what for.
my grandpa built half that house himself so unless the people did something to it then it should be fine
ok go to the courthouse they should be able to help you. goodluck.
IrishLass

Sikeston, MO

#8 Jul 1, 2009
Do you know for sure that it has labeled as condemned? Did they post a notice on the door? If they did it should say where to go to inquire about the property. Start with that, if there's no notice then it's possible that the city has the property. If they cannot help you then try the county. I live in a house that was built by my family so I can understand the importance of wanting to preserve it. Good luck to you.
missinggrandma

Kansas City, MO

#9 Jul 1, 2009
yes there is a sign on the door it says it was condemned as a public nuisance and that it is illegal to occupy the proberty
missinggrandma

Kansas City, MO

#10 Jul 3, 2009
as an update i called the city and they said they didnt know anything about it because it hadnt been processed yet.
missinggrandma

United States

#11 Jul 26, 2009
there going to tear it down...
chris

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jul 26, 2009
how long dose a house that has been condemned to be tore down
missinggrandma

United States

#13 Jul 26, 2009
chris wrote:
how long dose a house that has been condemned to be tore down
what?
had one

Cape Girardeau, MO

#14 Jul 27, 2009
missinggrandma wrote:
there going to tear it down...
Where is this house located?
guest001

Sikeston, MO

#15 Jul 27, 2009
missinggrandma wrote:
The only way to buy a condemned house is to contact the owner. SOmetimes you can contact a realtor (if the house has been foreclosed)
missinggrandma

United States

#16 Jul 27, 2009
its 834 anderson st. there holding a meeting on august 3 to decide it there going to tear it down but they most likely will

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 25 min Doug77 3,337
Who wills the Kochs choose 28 min Rocketdog 5
Good attorney in Scott county 2 hr guest 6
cb3music.com has played with Big Smo Free shiw 4 hr Fred 3
white girl 5 hr ammo troop 8
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 5 hr Princess Hey 11,243
Word Association (May '10) 5 hr Princess Hey 3,765
Sikeston Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sikeston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?