What are you making for dinner

Posted in the Sikeston Forum

First Prev
of 350
Next Last
Yummy

United States

#1 May 14, 2009
I think we should share all our good recipes! A good thing RIGHT?

I am making ROTEL CHICKEN CASSEROLE

1 med chicken or 5 lg. chicken breast
1 can cream mushroom
1 can cream chicken
1 can Rotel
1 can chicken broth
Bag of plain Fritos
Velveeta cheese

Boil Chicken -pinch chicken into small pic. when done (set aside)

In a separate pan mix cream chicken & cream mushroom & Rotel & chicken broth all together until a boil- then set aside

I a large glass casserole pan put in
1-layer of chicken (pinched up) then a
layer of Fritos then add 1/2 the mixture of soups over that

Then another layer of chicken, layer of Fritos & the rest of the soup mixture then slice Velveeta cheese over all the top (make sure you cover it all)

Bake at 350 for 30 min or until slightly brown

Saint Louis, MO

#2 May 14, 2009
cheeseburger mac hamburger helper, forgot i didn't have milk so had to finish browning the meat and than go to the store!!! I would have liked to have mexican for dinner but kids would rather have ham. helper

Cape Girardeau, MO

#3 May 14, 2009
Speaking of Mexican.........my favorite thing to eat at any Mexican restaurant is the chips with cheese and salsa. My husband and I have been making our own chips by slicing corn tortillas into quarters and then frying them in oil. They turn out a little thicker than they do in the restaurants which in my opinion is great. You can buy the Mexican white cheese at WalMart and melt it using a double boiler method. We don't have one so we make do and it turns out great. Pick up a jar of Herdez or Verdez (I can't remember exactly what it is called) and add a can of rotel which cilantro and lime and it taste exactly like the restaurant salsa.

Cape Girardeau, MO

#4 May 14, 2009
I'm sorry......that's a jar or Herdez or Verdez salsa with a can of Rotel with cilantro and lime.
fatboy

Jackson, MO

#5 May 14, 2009
Just give Me a Halisco Special and a Rootbeer and stand back out of My way!
tonight

Cape Girardeau, MO

#6 May 15, 2009
Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy

“Marcella Counts (Reynolds)”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7 May 15, 2009
Looking for any good mexican reciepes... anyone have any? Email me at [email protected]

I have a reciepe for Chocolate Gravy if anyone interested...

“Marcella Counts (Reynolds)”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#8 May 15, 2009
Yummy wrote:
1 can cream mushroom
1 can cream chicken
1 can Rotel
1 can chicken broth
Bag of plain Fritos
Velveeta cheese
In a separate pan mix cream chicken & cream mushroom & Rotel & chicken broth all together until a boil- then set aside
Then another layer of chicken, layer of Fritos & the rest of the soup mixture then slice Velveeta cheese over all the top (make sure you cover it all)
Sounds really good...

Saint Louis, MO

#9 May 15, 2009
tonight wrote:
Fried Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy
mmmmmm sounds good

Cape Girardeau, MO

#10 May 15, 2009
Here's a dessert.....

Mandarin Orange Cake

*Pick up a box of classic yellow cake or Duncan Hines Orange Supreme cake (I prefer yellow).

*You'll need about 3 cans of Mandarin oranges, do not drain.

*For the icing.....1 block (8 oz.?) cream cheese and 1 tub of cool whip.

Follow the directions on the box for making the cake EXCEPT, drain your mandarin oranges into a glass and replace the water that goes in the cake mix with this juice. While mixing the cake, you can add about 1 to 1 1/2 cans of oranges and mix into the cake. It is best to use a mixer because if the oranges are left if segments they may sink to the bottom. Now just stick in the oven and bake.

For the icing..........Take your cream cheese out of the fridge ahead of time so it can soften.(It is also good to use the whipped cream cheese and that eliminates having to wait for it to soften.) Mix together with cool whip with a mixer. You can use as much cool whip as you prefer, the more the fluffier. Then add mandarin oranges and mix all with a mixer until it is blended and smooth. If you have any whole segments left you can put them on top when the cake is finished and iced.

Of course leftovers will have to be refridgerated. I personally prefer to refridgerate the whole cake before eating it. The colder the better if you ask me.

*You can also follow these same instructions and use pineapples instead of mandarin oranges and the result is just as delicious!

Columbia, MO

#11 May 15, 2009
marcellaann wrote:
Looking for any good mexican reciepes... anyone have any? Email me at [email protected]
I have a reciepe for Chocolate Gravy if anyone interested...
i'm interested in the gravy. put it up here girl. this is tabitha c. how are your boys doing?
hmmmm

Granite City, IL

#12 May 15, 2009
Sausage shish cabobs with orange and red bell peppers and grape tomatoes with kc masterpiece bbq sauce
Count alucarD

Saint Louis, MO

#13 May 15, 2009
About 4 pints of blood served raw..lol..Notice the name..Really I'm having a cheap frozen pizza,sucks being me..lol
Grumpy

United States

#14 May 15, 2009
Yummy wrote:
1 can cream mushroom
1 can cream chicken
1 can Rotel
1 can chicken broth
Bag of plain Fritos
Velveeta cheese
I've had that before only with Doritos instead of Fritos. Very yummy
Yummy

United States

#15 May 15, 2009
Dump Cake

1-lg can Crushed Pineapple
1-lg can Cherry pie filling
1-can coconut
1-box yellow cake mix
2-sticks butter

In a glass pan spread pineapple, on top of that then spread cherry pie filling and then on top of that spread the coconut, one at a time.
Then sprinkle DRY cake mix over all that, then slice the butter over the top of the DRY cake mix,then

Bake 350 until brown (takes maybe 30 minutes)

It is really good, doesn't sound that good but everyone that has tried it loves it.
monica

Saint Louis, MO

#16 May 15, 2009
we are having bbq pork steaks and campfire potoates...mmm mmmm mmmmmmmmmmmm
What are

United States

#17 May 15, 2009
What are campfire potatoes? How do you make them?
jcm

Granite City, IL

#18 May 15, 2009
i have a one year old that is just starting to eat table food. i am a horrible cook,(but trying). she loves her veggies, so any recipes to accomodate her sensitive tummy would be wonderful!
YUM

United States

#19 May 15, 2009
Yummy wrote:
Dump Cake
1-lg can Crushed Pineapple
1-lg can Cherry pie filling
1-can coconut
1-box yellow cake mix
2-sticks butter
In a glass pan spread pineapple, on top of that then spread cherry pie filling and then on top of that spread the coconut, one at a time.
Then sprinkle DRY cake mix over all that, then slice the butter over the top of the DRY cake mix,then
Bake 350 until brown (takes maybe 30 minutes)
It is really good, doesn't sound that good but everyone that has tried it loves it.
This is a great cake.It turns out perfect everytime.
Wondering

United States

#20 May 15, 2009
Man that is a tough one for me, I'm trying to think... Humm

Homemade Beef Stew (that has carrots, potatoes, celery, and beef stew meat,( leave out the onions)

Pot roast with carrots & potatoes (make sure the meat is very chopped up when you serve it to her)

Homemade chicken noodle soup (that's made with chicken, egg noodles, celery, chicken broth,(leave the onion out)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 350
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sikeston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Dec '09) 9 min Vector aka Victor... 14,606
- end of the Word game - (Jul '11) 10 min Vector aka Victor... 3,926
True or False Game (Apr '14) 11 min Vector aka Victor... 1,581
blacks 25 min snitch 1
Saras love triangle 4 hr Fast E 1
what do you have on? (Jul '14) 5 hr Princess Hey 578
Transgender 6 hr Kristians R Crazy 72
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sikeston Mortgages