Florida was weird as only it can be i...

Florida was weird as only it can be in 2011

There are 27 comments on the Star-Telegram.com story from Dec 30, 2011, titled Florida was weird as only it can be in 2011. In it, Star-Telegram.com reports that:

Did you hear about the giant Lego man that washed up on Siesta Key beach? What about the man who walked into a bar, ordered a beer and disappeared for 30 minutes to rob a bank, only to return and finish his drink? Or how about the puzzling story of the baby grand piano that showed up on a sandbar near Miami? Over the past year, a 92-year-old woman ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-Telegram.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Monkey

Hampton, VA

#1 Dec 30, 2011
I love Fl. Cuban food, beautiful women, and cuckoo hustlers and hucksters. Va is fun boring in comparison.

Beautiful Black Molly

“I care more about my character”

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#2 Dec 30, 2011
What happens in Florida, who be a blessing if it stays in Florida.

"BORDER PATROL"

Beautiful Black Molly

“I care more about my character”

Since: Jun 11

...... then my reputation

#3 Dec 30, 2011
No coffee yet ....

who = would

“It's Not What You Do”

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

#4 Dec 30, 2011
Yep we are all bat shit crazy in Florida......don't move here....it's a nice place to visit but you won't like it......nothing to see here....move along.....move along!!!

“Grab all the good”

Since: Jul 10

Rowlett Tx

#5 Dec 30, 2011
Hey_Hey Paula wrote:
Yep we are all bat shit crazy in Florida......don't move here....it's a nice place to visit but you won't like it......nothing to see here....move along.....move along!!!
Who put the Da in Florida? Those voting machines have been used all over the nation for years but leave it to Florida to mess up voting

“It's Not What You Do”

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

#6 Dec 30, 2011
Denny Crain wrote:
<quoted text>Who put the Da in Florida? Those voting machines have been used all over the nation for years but leave it to Florida to mess up voting
Not where I come from. I'm from northern Florida and now live in central Florida. All the old folks from all over the country move here and we get blamed for their problems. Like I said.....don't move here you won't like it.....
Rick Santorum s Froth

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Dec 30, 2011
It'll be fun. They'll be the last ones to discover climate change after being among the first in this hemisphere to experience it.

But it's only rich people who can live near the beaches, anyway....

“It's Not What You Do”

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

#8 Dec 30, 2011
Rick Santorum s Froth wrote:
It'll be fun. They'll be the last ones to discover climate change after being among the first in this hemisphere to experience it.
But it's only rich people who can live near the beaches, anyway....
I'll throw the BS flag on your post. You don't have a clue. I live in Flager Beach and I'm not rich. Oh, and the whole state is not coast....what.....you think the state is shaped like a pencil???
Rick Santorum s Froth

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Dec 30, 2011
Hey_Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll throw the BS flag on your post. You don't have a clue. I live in Flager Beach and I'm not rich. Oh, and the whole state is not coast....what.....you think the state is shaped like a pencil???
I think you should look at a map of what would happen to FL's coastline and land area if there's a one, two or four inch rise in the oceans.

Remember, not even the climate change deniers deny that the globe is warming....

They just deny it's human mediated.

You'll throw the BS flag. Sure. And next you'll convince me the earth is under 10000 years old and that Cretinism [sic] is testable.

“It's Not What You Do”

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

#10 Dec 30, 2011
Rick Santorum s Froth wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should look at a map of what would happen to FL's coastline and land area if there's a one, two or four inch rise in the oceans.
Remember, not even the climate change deniers deny that the globe is warming....
They just deny it's human mediated.
You'll throw the BS flag. Sure. And next you'll convince me the earth is under 10000 years old and that Cretinism [sic] is testable.
You don't know me or my beliefs. I only posted this as you went after Florida residents......if we have problems it will go well past the state of Florida!!!
Rick Santorum s Froth

Philadelphia, PA

#11 Dec 30, 2011
Hey_Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know me or my beliefs. I only posted this as you went after Florida residents......if we have problems it will go well past the state of Florida!!!
No, we know what you were denying.

Not all of FL is coast, but more than just the coast would be submerged by only a one, two or four inch sea rise.

There are maps you can go look at, but you don't believe in "scientists," do you?

It's true I would've had no idea that poor white (or black) trash can live right on the beach/coast in FL. That's certainly not true anywhere from MD to MA.

“It's Not What You Do”

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

#12 Dec 30, 2011
Rick Santorum s Froth wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we know what you were denying.
Not all of FL is coast, but more than just the coast would be submerged by only a one, two or four inch sea rise.
There are maps you can go look at, but you don't believe in "scientists," do you?
It's true I would've had no idea that poor white (or black) trash can live right on the beach/coast in FL. That's certainly not true anywhere from MD to MA.
We....you got a mouse in your pocket??? I was not denying anything. I don't need to look at any maps. I'm not stupid and i keep up with what is going on. Where did you get the idea I don't believe in science and scientists.....you don't know me or my beliefs and I never said that. I said I was not rich, I did not say I was poor. I have seen no poor white or black trash living on the beaches in Florida. You are just jealous because while you are freezing your butt off we are nice and warm all year round!!!
Rick Santorum s Froth

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Dec 30, 2011
Hey_Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll throw the BS flag on your post. You don't have a clue. I live in Flager Beach and I'm not rich. Oh, and the whole state is not coast....what.....you think the state is shaped like a pencil???
Read what you posted.

Now read again what I posted to get that response from you:

"It'll be fun. They'll [Floridians] be the last ones to discover climate change after being among the first in this hemisphere to experience it."

You were making no point here other than there is no risk of sea level rise to Floridians.

Now, it remains news to me that un rich can live right on the ocean in FL. That's really news. Because, as everyone knows, living on the oceanfront is usually considered to be desirable, meaning you pay more to do it.

Now I'm going to try and google your topix posts to see if you have posted anti science, pro Creationist or climate denial nonsense.

“It's Not What You Do”

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

#14 Dec 30, 2011
Rick Santorum s Froth wrote:
<quoted text>
Read what you posted.
Now read again what I posted to get that response from you:
"It'll be fun. They'll [Floridians] be the last ones to discover climate change after being among the first in this hemisphere to experience it."
You were making no point here other than there is no risk of sea level rise to Floridians.
Now, it remains news to me that un rich can live right on the ocean in FL. That's really news. Because, as everyone knows, living on the oceanfront is usually considered to be desirable, meaning you pay more to do it.
Now I'm going to try and google your topix posts to see if you have posted anti science, pro Creationist or climate denial nonsense.
Google all you want....have fun!!! And BTW, you know nothing of the beaches of Florida.
Rick Santorum s Froth

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Dec 30, 2011
Hey_Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
Google all you want....have fun!!! And BTW, you know nothing of the beaches of Florida.
It remains astonishing to learn from you that non rich people can live on the beach (in a standing structure of some sort) without being well off.

I do know that even a small rise in sea level will affect much more of FL than just the beaches of FL.

BTW, you're right, I was mocking people in FL, by suggesting they're largely right wingers, who largely deny climate change is a threat that is human mediated.

Just like the article here is mocking people in FL, by recounting all the strange news stories we hear from there. Say hello to Katherine Harris for me!

“It's Not What You Do”

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

#16 Dec 30, 2011
Rick Santorum s Froth wrote:
<quoted text>
It remains astonishing to learn from you that non rich people can live on the beach (in a standing structure of some sort) without being well off.
I do know that even a small rise in sea level will affect much more of FL than just the beaches of FL.
BTW, you're right, I was mocking people in FL, by suggesting they're largely right wingers, who largely deny climate change is a threat that is human mediated.
Just like the article here is mocking people in FL, by recounting all the strange news stories we hear from there. Say hello to Katherine Harris for me!
Oh and I was so looking forward to the results of your Google search......
Rick Santorum s Froth

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Dec 31, 2011
Hey_Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and I was so looking forward to the results of your Google search......
Topix has determined that google will not reliably find posts by users.

As long as your only "BS" callout on my post concerned your claim that poor people can live on beachfront real estate in FL...then whatever.

But I know your post was a reaction against the very idea of climate change submerging a good percentage of FL. Or against the very idea of greenhouse gases causing climate change.

Unless you want to clear this up and say that you know climate change is human mediated and you know even modest sea level rises from warming would chew off large parts of coastal regions the world over, FL included.

But you won't because that's not what you think.

“It's Not What You Do”

Since: Apr 09

It's The Way That You Do It!!!

#18 Jan 1, 2012
Rick Santorum s Froth wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix has determined that google will not reliably find posts by users.
As long as your only "BS" callout on my post concerned your claim that poor people can live on beachfront real estate in FL...then whatever.
But I know your post was a reaction against the very idea of climate change submerging a good percentage of FL. Or against the very idea of greenhouse gases causing climate change.
Unless you want to clear this up and say that you know climate change is human mediated and you know even modest sea level rises from warming would chew off large parts of coastal regions the world over, FL included.
But you won't because that's not what you think.
BS, you can find my posts on Google using the names Hey Hey Paula and Tiger Lilly. Not all of them of course but enough to show I never said anything like you want to think I said. Oh, and I never said poor pepople could live on the beach in Florida, I said you did not have to be rich....there is something called the middle class, you might have heard of them, they are in the newpapers, TV, movies and on the web.
One more thing, for the last time.....you don't know me and what I believe and I never said there was no such thing as climate change.....boy have you got the wronge number. Post back if you like, but I am sure you have had more than one person say to you.....it's over!!!
Sam

Buffalo, NY

#19 Jan 1, 2012
Too many New Yawkers there this time of year...
M Bachmann s Browneye

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jan 1, 2012
Hey_Hey Paula wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll throw the BS flag on your post. You don't have a clue. I live in Flager Beach and I'm not rich. Oh, and the whole state is not coast....what.....you think the state is shaped like a pencil???
Again, this post of yours is about more than just a quibble over whether only rich people can live on beachfront property in FL.(Something I still expect is true - it takes money.)

You still haven't clarified that you agree climate change is a result of human activity.

I do have trouble finding many posters' posts via google....

Your claim that some content of my initial post implies FL is all coast just doesn't make sense. I said that it would be helpful to look at the projections for FL in case of one, two or four inch sea level rise. It wouldn't be trivial there, or anywhere else near sea level around the world.

None of this was difficult to follow. It is an obvious point...except to wingnut greenhouse gas-climate change deniers. Which I suspect you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Siesta Key Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
public defender Gino Lombardi 18 hr miss conduct 1
Corrupt Sarasota Judges Trick land innocent wom... (Apr '14) Dec 8 Truth 35
Why so many drug addicts, homeless, and stupid ... (Mar '11) Dec 8 Somewhere in the USA 311
News Texting and driving to become a primary offense... Dec 8 Somewhere in the USA 7
Bill Warner Private investigator (May '15) Dec 8 Interested 117
News Man arrested for trespassing at Riverview High (May '17) Dec 8 Somewhere in the USA 26
Jabez Span - Missing Dec 1 Waiting 10

Siesta Key Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Siesta Key Mortgages