Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Howdy wrote:
Floridians eat pain killers, and muscle relaxers like it was food. They are screwed and the State along with it.
You evedently havent seen this place...talk about pain pill and hell bound!!HAHA
Phoenixx

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

I'm new to Fl, completely by force, not choice. There is a vibe here that is too care-free. No one cares, least of all the officials that are running this state. There is no value on education at all. The culture is one of selfishness and greed and materialism, purely superficial. Then you have low-wages and jobs in mostly service sector, because after all Florida's economics is tourist driven. So people with money come here for the sun, for a time, then most go home. That drives up the cost of living for the year round residents, who are paid squat to live on.

The vibe here is also one of desperation. No money, very expensive, illegal immigration, poor educational system and to boot there is no competition due to the fact that Florida is a peninsula, very hard to bring in competition. If you check the other states going north, you find it's a hop skip and a jump to leave them to find products outside of the home state. For example, if you live in DC, You can travel from DC, to Baltimore, and Virginia, to Delaware and NY or Jersey-just like that. It takes about 8 hours or more just to get to the tip of Florida (Jacksonville) from South Florida area, phew. No real wage paying industry wants to move here. Not to mention the torrential rains, mosquitos, bogs and quagmires, sloppy drivers, escalated insurance rates and SINKHOLES.

And for the poster who said black people and mexicans are the problem. You are an a&%hole. I'm African-American from VA/NY area and I hate this place. No culture, no class, no money and the only language here is Spanish. Give me a break. This place needs a serious makeover. Keep the sun, it's so not worth even being here. Yeckh.
Florida has brain damage

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

I moved down here and started school. I was the only one there for an education. It was an alternative to jail, a place to sell drugs, and once you get your loan refund you quit. They would make fun of me for reading and highlighting. Lol
Miss The Point

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

All you whinners that drone on and on about education, jobs, weather, etc. either don't want to or can't see past your own ignorance.

You generalize everything and everybody. Some of the most succesful and interesting people are natives of Florida.

I could travel to any state in this country and say the same thing about them. Maybe it's just the people you've decided to associate with that's given you the narrowed minded opinions that you try to pose as fact.

Or is it you were the same way up north and everyone shined you there too?
Archivist

Cadiz, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

You all sound as if this is something new. Go back and read the newspapers from 100 years ago and you will find out that it is not. Just about everything that is happening today was happening then. The details were a little different but the overall contours of human behavior were identical.
whatever

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Jason wrote:
People are seriously retarded here. I moved here about 4 months ago and it's insane. Florida truely is the dumbest state in the nation.
If it is the dumbest state in the nation, it's because of all the snowbirds!!!
lauren

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

i just moved here to be with my family. why is everyone in sarasota so rude, stuck up, and judgemental? they dont even know me and i was a nice person before i moved here
anony_

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is the dumbest state in the nation, it's because of all the snowbirds!!!
florida is one of the best states i ever worked in,I traveled jacksonville,fort myers,miami.daytona.ect,what can I say,awsome!Please know whos me and who isnt!
Bradenton FL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Roxys have taken over.
Judgemental One

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

lauren wrote:
i just moved here to be with my family. why is everyone in sarasota so rude, stuck up, and judgemental? they dont even know me and i was a nice person before i moved here
Better move back then.

Plus, no one believes you're nice either. Bye

“Stupidity Leak”

Since: Sep 11

Woodsboro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

msteel wrote:
NO ONE will hire me because I'm a "SNOWBIRD" They have no problem hiring hordes of illegal Mexicans though. Us "SNOWBIRDS" have no problem when you have your people move up north to find work but when we move down here you won't tolerate it. I'll never come here again not even for a vacation. SO FUCK FLORIDA LET YOUR STATE GET FILLED WITH DRUNKS, ADDICTS AND MEXICANS. YOU PEOPLE DESERVE IT FOR YOR INHOSPITALITY!!!!
When I first moved down and still had NY plates people yelled at me to go home. Meanwhile, this is America, we are all from somewhere else. Plus, NY is filled with people not born here. I am so glad to be back home though where the food is good and you can get anything you want.The locals in Florida's parent were probably not born there.

“Stupidity Leak”

Woodsboro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

lauren wrote:
I lived in Sarasota for 10 years. Everyone thinks they are rich celebrities there. Yes, it's beautiful. But they are just big fish in a little sea.
Miss The Point

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

Session_Whine wrote:
<quoted text>I lived in Sarasota for 10 years. Everyone thinks they are rich celebrities there. Yes, it's beautiful. But they are just big fish in a little sea.
Everyone, huh?

Glad you're such an expert on Florida since you lived here ten whole years.

Since you've deemed yourself as an authority on Florida ancestory, please be advised that many of our parents, grandparents and great grandparents are born and raised in Florida.

Just because you've heard some people say everyone here is from somewhere else doesn't mean it's true. However, based on your 'expert' comments, you probably believe anything someone tells you.

Do us all a favor and stay up north along with your comments. Many of us have visited up there and didn't find the people so great either.
JOHN DOE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

I'VE MET A FEW FLORIDIANS AND I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HALF OF WHAT THEY'RE SAYING THEY ACT RETARDED TOO...I'VE HAD TO ASKED THESE PEOPLE IF THEY CAN SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH AND I CAN TELL IT'S A LOT HARDER ON THEM...AND AFTER A FEW SENTENCES THEY START TALKING STUPID ALL OVER AGAIN..WHAT IS WRONG WITH THEM??
DONNA TEXAS

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

I WAS IN PAHOKEE FL MET A FLORIDIAN HIM AND HIS WHOLE FAMILY ARE IGNORANT INSECURE DUMBASSES INCLUDING FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTES .. PIECE OF SCUMS ALL THEY DO IS CHEAT THE SYSTEM ALL OF THEM BE WORKING WITH FAKE SOCIAL SECURITY SO THEY WON'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT AND THEN ALL THEM DUMB FEMALES TRYING TO GET PREGNANT FROM THAT SAME SCUM..
Miss The Point

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

DONNA TEXAS wrote:
I WAS IN PAHOKEE FL MET A FLORIDIAN HIM AND HIS WHOLE FAMILY ARE IGNORANT INSECURE DUMBASSES INCLUDING FRIENDS AND ACQUAINTES .. PIECE OF SCUMS ALL THEY DO IS CHEAT THE SYSTEM ALL OF THEM BE WORKING WITH FAKE SOCIAL SECURITY SO THEY WON'T PAY CHILD SUPPORT AND THEN ALL THEM DUMB FEMALES TRYING TO GET PREGNANT FROM THAT SAME SCUM..
Yeah, yeah, Donna Joe, and none of that all applies to any other state in the country.

Talk about ignorant. Let's talk about the mayor of D.C., ya know, the one who was busted for using crack and again with a hooker...and then re-elected!

You morons are just too funny!
hahahahaha

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Miss The Point wrote:
You generalize everything and everybody. Some of the most succesful and interesting people are natives of Florida.
Uh, like Sarasota's own, PeeWee Herman?
the south sucks

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

its not the north it all the fucking dumb redneck hick that fucked florida up i came from the north and never seen the kinda shit up there that i have here drugs being pushed because there is no jobs, the drivers suck and shouldnt own a license you cant go 1 day ith out seeing atleast 1 accedent, stupid people are from the drugs and the sun fries thier brains, the kids here show no respect they lie cheat and steel and do drugs all day. the parents are not being parents at all letting their kids do what they want when they want, the schools do not help with the people being stupind they leet the kids pretty much run the school and they get suspended justso the dont have to go to school and the teachers let the kids disrespect and fight each oher and they think suspending them is gong to help but they dont under stand that thats what the kids want. so before you start pointing fingers at anyone take some responsibility for what you are doing once you are prfect then you cn start pointing fingers, and that will never happen because no one is perfect.
Miss The Point

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

the south sucks wrote:
its not the north it all the fucking dumb redneck hick that fucked florida up i came from the north and never seen the kinda shit up there that i have here drugs being pushed because there is no jobs, the drivers suck and shouldnt own a license you cant go 1 day ith out seeing atleast 1 accedent, stupid people are from the drugs and the sun fries thier brains, the kids here show no respect they lie cheat and steel and do drugs all day. the parents are not being parents at all letting their kids do what they want when they want, the schools do not help with the people being stupind they leet the kids pretty much run the school and they get suspended justso the dont have to go to school and the teachers let the kids disrespect and fight each oher and they think suspending them is gong to help but they dont under stand that thats what the kids want. so before you start pointing fingers at anyone take some responsibility for what you are doing once you are prfect then you cn start pointing fingers, and that will never happen because no one is perfect.
So leave already.

So many people that just can't stand Florida are obsessed with Florida.

It's like nothing ever happens in their state. Go...leave it behind...move forward...forget and leave us alone.

Or is it that you're all so bored or just want to whine about anything and everything you just can't let it go.

“Stupidity Leak”

Woodsboro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

lauren wrote:
I lived in Sarasota for 7 years. They think they are all rich, big fish in a small pod. Granted some of them are but it's partly because Money Magazine (Or one of those) voted Sarasota #1 town to live in America in like 2004 and Siesta Key Beach #1 in 2011. They definitely need to get over themselves. I loved it at first which is why I moved there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Siesta Key Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Siesta Key People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••