Why so many drug addicts, homeless, and stupid people in FL?

Posted in the Siesta Key Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of219
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
I hate your state

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

Judged:

Why are there co many drug addicts, petty criminals, demented homeless people, rude idiots, and assorted morons in Florida? Can it just be the warm weather? I'm not from here, but I've been here for a few years now, and I still can't figure it out. It's a natural phenomenon that needs to be explained.
I Fought Pirhanas

Punta Gorda, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2011

Judged:

I hate your state wrote:
Why are there co many drug addicts, petty criminals, demented homeless people, rude idiots, and assorted morons in Florida? Can it just be the warm weather? I'm not from here, but I've been here for a few years now, and I still can't figure it out. It's a natural phenomenon that needs to be explained.
I'm just counting the days before the snowbirds head back North. About 60 days to go.
Sad but true

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2011

Judged:

Count all you want but the snowbirds ain't the problem, those folks that are mentioned are year round residents. Seems like thats all Florida is good for anymore. It is never going to be what it used to be.
I Fought Pirhanas

Punta Gorda, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2011

Judged:

Sad but true wrote:
Count all you want but the snowbirds ain't the problem, those folks that are mentioned are year round residents. Seems like thats all Florida is good for anymore. It is never going to be what it used to be.
Good, keep your ass @ home, don't come down here clogging the streets and stores with you dumbass shit!
Jim Beam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2011

Judged:

Black and Mexican populations. What other explanation do you need?
sad but true

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2011

Judged:

Haha, Don't worry, I wouldn't spend a dime in your state. Been there, done that years ago. Most of the snowbirds are finding better places to go and spend their money, anyway. It's all of you who are trying to flock up here now because the State of Florida has been turend into sh*t.
True But Sad

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2011

Judged:

You're right...so everybody leave since it's soooo bad here.

Then we can have our Florida back.
Jason

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2011

Judged:

People are seriously retarded here. I moved here about 4 months ago and it's insane. Florida truely is the dumbest state in the nation.
Butch

Bowdon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

maybe its because there is no regulations to live here..
laughing

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

Jason wrote:
People are seriously retarded here. I moved here about 4 months ago and it's insane. Florida truely is the dumbest state in the nation.
I guess the heat got to everyone's brain there. The last time I was there for a visit, the first thing I noticed was how everyone who worked in any kind of service industry had this blank look on their face. Like they had just given up. It had been a long time since I was in Florida and I was totally blown away about how much it had been over developed. That always happens. If you have a good thing everybody wants it and then it gets ruined.
Miss The Point

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

I hate your state wrote:
It's easily explained.

Years ago, Florida was a great place to live and visit. The visitors decided to move here. Just like where they came from, they paved over everything and threw thier trash on it. Developers brought their high prices from up north and those from other countries brought their cultures with them, good and bad.

The real Floridians know where to be and who to associate with. The 'new' Floridians are tranplants that constantly say how good things are back north but continue to stay here. Kinda strange.

But anyway, there's good and bad wherever you go, no matter what state or country, it all depends on your point of view.
JoeB

Hot Springs National Park, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess the heat got to everyone's brain there. The last time I was there for a visit, the first thing I noticed was how everyone who worked in any kind of service industry had this blank look on their face. Like they had just given up. It had been a long time since I was in Florida and I was totally blown away about how much it had been over developed. That always happens. If you have a good thing everybody wants it and then it gets ruined.
Well I was born and raised there and I know the look you are talking about. You see I use to give the same look to all of the snow birds as well because every last one of them was always looking to get something for nothing and that is why I moved away I just got tired of the same bull from all of them. I am a people watcher and listener and I would sit in a restaurant and see and hear what was going on, They would eat more than half their meal have a couple glasses of whatever they are drinking talk and laugh and have a good time then when it came time for the bill all they would do is complain about the food and the drink just trying to get the waitress to take something off their bill or even get it for free and this would happen to the waitress 4 out of 5 tables, They would not say anything at the beginning so the waitress could have it fixed they would wait till it was time to PAY. This is a regular occurrence there no matter what area you work in just like denting cans in a grocery store so they can get it cheaper and heaven forbid if you were the lawn man and they asked you if you could pull some plants out for them before you left and you charged them for the extra work hell you think the world came to an end. So donít tell a real native of Florida about the look because you really donít want to hear the truth.
JoeB

Hot Springs National Park, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

sad but true wrote:
Haha, Don't worry, I wouldn't spend a dime in your state. Been there, done that years ago. Most of the snowbirds are finding better places to go and spend their money, anyway. It's all of you who are trying to flock up here now because the State of Florida has been turend into sh*t.
Yep and they will turn those places to shit too wanting something for nothing
anditneverstops

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2011

Judged:

What is there to figure out? All white trash from the north has a hard on for 'paradise' fl and they come in droves, leaving behind their ugly trash. The mentality is so inbred that they virtually think when they cross that Ga line they blossom into 'clean' people. It's an ignorant, VERY ignorant, mentality. Look at the assholes. They sold their hovels, got a few thousand dollars and THEN bernanke gave them a half million dollar home they soon went into foreclosure over, then they ride the bus and stand on a street corner begging nickels, as they did in the areas they flocked from. In a nutshell, the scabs came here thinking they were going to level the playing field be sucking off winners.
I hate your state wrote:

Since: May 09

Bradenton Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

I hate your state wrote:
Bacause there are loads of services here for them.

Since: May 09

Bradenton Fl

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2011

Judged:

laughing wrote:
<quoted text>
My ladyfriend who works in a Dept store here does the same thing. The reason she does is because as someone else said, the sno-birds all want something for nothing. They lie,cheat and even try to steal by putting items inside of other things. Her opinion is that Canadiens are the worst. I will say that she has a couple Canadian friends that she dearly loves but her experiance in the store is (as a group) they are the worst.
North vs south

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Judged:

I recently moved down to florida from a town in Connecticut, with a high school of about 2000 students. I hated CT, it was boring, nothing to do, and I felt like everyday was dragging on, I wasn't able to go into any honors classes, and I had a B, C average. Since I've moved down to Florida, I'm attending a school with over 2,500 students, and a good 500 are pregnant, they have their own nursery, they treat teens who get pregnant prestigiously, as if they should be pampered for there ignorance and carefree view on life, and the other 1999 students don't even give a damn about school, all they do is concern about other people, smoke pot at school and at home, and go to the beach so they can show off. I have never seen such large group of people who don't deserve to be in school, they have no respect for the teachers, and the teachers don't show any sort of authority, it's as if the students are able to control the adults. So this isn't just coming from a "all teens are like that" perspective only, the adults, almost all the teachers. Are unable to teach or give discipline, they have no backbone. I an currently in all honors classes, and that was not difficult, I just asked, and even the honors classes are filled with people that don't deserve to be considered honor role students, they don't have to keep a grade of above a B and they never do the work, and the teachers are okay that they are able to disrupt other people learning environment, I have to take AP classes just so I can get up to a level beyond ignorance. OVERALL: Floridian teens are paving the future of floridas downfall, overly stupid, overly carefree, overly pregnant, shitty drivers, and no respect. Fixing the problem with teens must start somewhere, I feel as though my generation is lost, best thing to do now is to fix future generations so they don't make the same mistakes, ignorance. I feel ashamed being considered a Floridian now, then again, this is coming from a northerner, maybe the problem is no one is able to articulate anymore.
True But Sad

Orange City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Judged:

North vs south wrote:
I recently moved down to florida from a town in Connecticut, with a high school of about 2000 students. I hated CT, it was boring, nothing to do, and I felt like everyday was dragging on, I wasn't able to go into any honors classes, and I had a B, C average. Since I've moved down to Florida, I'm attending a school with over 2,500 students, and a good 500 are pregnant, they have their own nursery, they treat teens who get pregnant prestigiously, as if they should be pampered for there ignorance and carefree view on life, and the other 1999 students don't even give a damn about school, all they do is concern about other people, smoke pot at school and at home, and go to the beach so they can show off. I have never seen such large group of people who don't deserve to be in school, they have no respect for the teachers, and the teachers don't show any sort of authority, it's as if the students are able to control the adults. So this isn't just coming from a "all teens are like that" perspective only, the adults, almost all the teachers. Are unable to teach or give discipline, they have no backbone. I an currently in all honors classes, and that was not difficult, I just asked, and even the honors classes are filled with people that don't deserve to be considered honor role students, they don't have to keep a grade of above a B and they never do the work, and the teachers are okay that they are able to disrupt other people learning environment, I have to take AP classes just so I can get up to a level beyond ignorance. OVERALL: Floridian teens are paving the future of floridas downfall, overly stupid, overly carefree, overly pregnant, shitty drivers, and no respect. Fixing the problem with teens must start somewhere, I feel as though my generation is lost, best thing to do now is to fix future generations so they don't make the same mistakes, ignorance. I feel ashamed being considered a Floridian now, then again, this is coming from a northerner, maybe the problem is no one is able to articulate anymore.
There's no denying what you saying is true, but is the alternative better? Toss them aside, deny education and then they become a bigger tax burden to the rest of us.

There's no easy answer to the problem. It's the parents who have failed their own children. It starts at home, not in the classroom. If there is no disipline at home, there isn't any outside the home.

Maybe if some actually pay attention in school, they might, just might, turn the corner and become responsible in the future.

Just hoping, that's all.
jim

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Judged:

it's simple. it's not the snowbirds. it's all the black savages. prime example it the 2 people from britain that was just murdered. florida is full of them and inbred white trash.
North vs South

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

Judged:

Well what else is going to happen? They are wasting away their intellectual capabilities by having no need for responsibility, they have no clue what is means to be successful and in the future, just being able to afford a house and survive, I have friends who are nearly graduating earn money then spend it on long boards and clothes, material things that will not get them anywhere in life, and the anwser to all of their problems, joining the military, navy. Life has a way of paying you back, you can't live life easy, and expect to live easy when you grow up. What teens are creating now is a carefree, under appreciaciated society that revolves are egotist and material belongings, knowledge and a future is not what they know, what they have been raised in is a society of ignorance that revolves around other people, texting, facebooking, skyping, twittering, under aged driving. All things that are instantaneous and would not be possible 10 years ago. All things that are significantly altering teens, behavior, and futures. No one cares about their futures anymore as much as they want to know someone elses.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of219
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Siesta Key Discussions

Search the Siesta Key Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Good place to live 20 hr Magnorius 3
Thou Shalt Have No Other Gods Before Me Wed Magnorius 1
'50 Shades!: The Musical' returns to Sarasota (Nov '13) Jul 5 Sadbuttrue 4
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Jul 4 the protected species 2,911
Sarasota Ponzi artist featured on "American Greed" (Aug '11) Jul 4 asknada 4
Corrupt Sarasota Judges Trick land innocent wom... Jun 29 Judges INDABAG 7
Goodbye Jun 26 Magnorius 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Siesta Key Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••