berzerkers and odin worship

Posted in the Sierra Vista Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
honest

Whittier, CA

#1 Sep 17, 2012
had to spell it right. It is called Odinism. I'll post links...and how the berzerker rites and riruals are as far from mainstream beliefs as it gets.
honest

Whittier, CA

#2 Sep 17, 2012
The Role of Odinism in Contemporary White Supremist's Movements
https://thevikingworld.pbworks.com/w/page/391...
honest

Whittier, CA

#4 Sep 17, 2012
honest

Whittier, CA

#5 Sep 17, 2012
Berzerker from.WikiPagan
http://pagan.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker
honest

Whittier, CA

#6 Sep 17, 2012
Odinism Ideaology, Practice, and Customs
https://thevikingworld.pbworks.com/w/page/471...
honest

Whittier, CA

#7 Sep 17, 2012
Berzerkergang
from Viking answer lady
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/berserke.shtm...
THIS STUFF GETS INTERESTING AND STRANGE.
honest

Whittier, CA

#8 Sep 17, 2012
honest

Whittier, CA

#9 Sep 17, 2012
RENZY OF ODIN Odin (Old Norse Óðinn) is a god of war, death and poetry and the protector of warriors. He was the son of the god Bor and the giantess Bestla, grandson of Buri and brother of Ve and Vili. His wisdom was perceived as endless and all-embracing. He could see the future and was a symbol for the soul of the universe. Those multiple rulerships indicate a complex archetype with multiple guises (shapeshifting).

His looking backward and forward is definitely something that can be inherited, perhaps by nurture, maybe nature, most likely both. And the temper that comes with it too. It is not just looking forward a couple of days ahead. Odin is not only lord of the logical left brain. What the classical AND contemporary western world more or less neglect ~ the path of the right brain, the truths of the shaman ~ is preserved in the Northern European god, Odin. Odin is a guide of souls to the Underworld, and ruler of crossroads and other transitional states. He is a shapeshifter, and wisdom passed on by my grandmother states that One is not to learn from the same animal for too long, or it can “fix” itself. Learn more guises.

The inspiration of a wordsmith; the altered and visionary state of the shaman; the ecstatic frenzy of the warrior: what do they have in common? Inspiration by Odin as a way of non-linear knowing, learning or communicating in non-ordinary states of consciousness, along with rational thought processes.

Odin has two ravens, Thought and Memory. Left brain and right brain. Reason and intuition. Alertness to the present moment, with full knowledge of the past. The Elder Edda states:

Thought and Memory every day fly over the earth. I fear for Thought, that he may not return Yet still more I fear the loss of Memory.

ULFHEDNAR Ulfhednar (Úlfhéðnar) folk take the wolves essence into their psyche much like the Berserker folk work with bear and Svinfylkin with boar.

The Ulfhednar in a sense, are a parallel Brotherhood to that of the Berserker, by wearing wulf skins to get the power of a wulf. Berserker and Ulfhednar may resemble one another, but are not the same. The rites were different, and the archetypes are wildly different. Ulfhednar dedicate their lives to Odin. Berserker to Thor. Ulfhednar also ate the hearts of animals to gain their nature in an additional rite. For as far as we know, those that dedicated their life to Thor and Thunder did not. They are mentioned in Vatnsdœla saga, Haraldskvæði (raven song) and the Völsungasaga, and more. Lots more. We are talking of a wide spread cultus in Europe.

Just as we find many names in Nordic families referring to “bear” and “boar”, many names referring to “wolf” still exist and are in use today, even hidden under later transformations of meaning and significance. Freca, Freki, the entire lineage of the Wölflinge, Wolfdietrich, Adolf (Atha-ulf, Aethwulf), Rudolph (Hrudolph, Hrölfr), Wolfram (Wolf connected with Hraban, Raven, both mythical companions of Odin)…

The Þorsteinssaga (one of the fornaldarsögur) mentions Gubmundr as ruler of Glaesisvellir?, a warrior paradise (Avalon?). His father also carried that name, as did all that lived there. His full name was Gubmundr Ulfhedhin (singular of Ulfhednar). Perhaps this is a transformation of Valhalla (Valhöll) and Odin?

The idea that one could learn from animals, and wolves in particular, existed for all tribes in Northern Europe. The followers of Theodorik named Wülflinge come to mind.
I'll post the link to.the above...
honest

Whittier, CA

#10 Sep 17, 2012
honest

Whittier, CA

#11 Sep 17, 2012
Odin worship is also known as:
WOTAN. Will-Of-the-Ayrian-Nation
http://www.mourningtheancient.com/dl-2.htm
honest

Whittier, CA

#12 Sep 17, 2012
Read, do the "math" discern, and KNOW exactly what is in your midst. Whether you see it good or bad being informed as to what is around your small community is advantageous beyond rrason. Don't guess-,, KNOW. The is power in knowledge.
peace and goodwill.
p
honest

Whittier, CA

#13 Sep 17, 2012
THERE IS SO MUCH MORE LITERATURE ON
WOTAN/ODINISM/BERZERKERGANG on.the internet. Research. Discern. Reach logical conclusions sans tbeir doubletalk.
,They worship.nature like Wiccans do.
THERE REALLY IS POWER IN KNOWLEDGE.

PEACE AND LIGHT.:"
Pan

Bisbee, AZ

#14 Sep 18, 2012
deep reading for someone to get lost into. and your right gangs of tales and fables out there..
I like you last post about nature,I like nature it is something to preserve, and nurture like a child, watch it grow ect. I guess thats bad huh?
Pan

Bisbee, AZ

#15 Sep 18, 2012
these people you write about believed in shape shifting as well, interesting, do you believe it to be true or a fairy tale? a legend, a story to pass to your children? or shall you change it like everyone has done and try to scare people.they are tales.like the Bible just older.....get over it, I will not be baptised again. Ive made my choice to be natural in life.I hope you get over me and let me live in peace.
honest

Whittier, CA

#16 Sep 18, 2012
Pan wrote:
these people you write about believed in shape shifting as well, interesting, do you believe it to be true or a fairy tale? a legend, a story to pass to your children? or shall you change it like everyone has done and try to scare people.they are tales.like the Bible just older.....get over it, I will not be baptised again. Ive made my choice to be natural in life.I hope you get over me and let me live in peace.
get over yourself. my job here is done.*poof*
honest

Whittier, CA

#17 Sep 18, 2012
ps, they ARE tales, but you.worship those gods. The Bible is NOT a "tale"
Yahweh exists and Jesus was no fairytale, He was a historical figure. Read history.
Geesh.
Don't call The ONE true GOD a fairy tale. JUST BECAUSE YOU DENY YAHWEH DOESN NOT MAKE HIM.ANY LESS REAL.
Why do have to keep your Odinism so secret? like witches in.a coven, you hide to worship..that's sad.
honest

United States

#18 Sep 18, 2012
Odinist's can be very dangerous.
Odinism in prison.
http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelli...
honest

United States

#19 Sep 18, 2012
not all Odinists are White Supremists,. but violence can be their middle name anyway.
http://paganwiccan.about.com/b/2009/08/31/a-f...
honest

United States

#20 Sep 18, 2012
Odinists are not necessairly racist but- some from prison can be.
Tattoos they use
http://strhatetalk.com/Tattoo_Page_2.php
honest

United States

#21 Sep 18, 2012
A book called "Barbarian Rites" is available in full for review here.
http://www.scribd.com/mobile/doc/55807815...
be informed, don't guess.
a berzerker gets "berzerk" during a battle. That's how they got that name. Berzerk in the heat of battle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sierra Vista Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
coffee idiots 22 min Play nice children 916
BisbeeSeekers Meetup Group 54 min silly rabbit trix 9
End of Days 6 hr Theorist 1
Bisbee.... The town that bans bags but not a wh... 6 hr Theorist 3
The bag ban, bed tax increase, sales tax incr... 12 hr bBay 13
Few Incidents Reported Over Helldorado Days 17 hr Nope 2
Jesus Christ Is God + Period 19 hr Gee Zeus 8
Sierra Vista Dating
Find my Match

Sierra Vista People Search