nktelco fiber optics
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Awsome NK

Sidney, OH

#1 Mar 15, 2012
Got the new nktelco fiber optics installed yesterday here in Sidney and it's great, and has super fast internet.
No more double standards from Time Warner for me, now we will see how many new customers, T/W can pull in with their half price offers, they will not be able to screwover their old customers anymore, and I bet when NK gets their service all over Sidney, T/W will be a sinking ship, and I wont be on it, LOL, Thanks NK !
(nktelco= New Knoxville Telephone Company)
free

Cleveland, OH

#2 Mar 15, 2012
Classic NK mployee willing to plant get favorable reviews for their firm to gin up business and try to take market share from TW.
Sounds like an old Sprint/Embarq/Century marketing stunt to undermine the competition.
Awsome NK

Sidney, OH

#3 Mar 15, 2012
I don't work at NK, and you don't have to jealous, the trailer park in Pasco will get it one day !.........
free wrote:
Classic NK mployee willing to plant get favorable reviews for their firm to gin up business and try to take market share from TW.
Sounds like an old Sprint/Embarq/Century marketing stunt to undermine the competition.
Rolo

Sidney, OH

#4 Mar 15, 2012
I got it to, sweet,except they put an outdoor service box inside my house, because they said they don't have any indoor boxes yet, and will come back and change it out as soon as they come in,
the internet is super fast, the tv picture is about a 720P res. at best, but thats HD. low grade HD, but I'm with awsome, T/W gave my neice internet,HD tv with HBO and phone for 1 year, at almost half at what they were charging me, just for internet & HD tv, no phone or movie channel.
free

Cleveland, OH

#5 Mar 15, 2012
Aw...some NK, you don't work for Time Warner ? Are you sure ? What do you do for living ?
Grady

Bellefontaine, OH

#6 Mar 15, 2012
What happens to their price after the 1st year? It's probably the same scheme that direct tv runs. 1/2 price first year and doubles after that!
free

Cleveland, OH

#7 Mar 15, 2012
A sign up discount offering is a classic marketing come-on that ropes in the uninformed. NKtel have a one or two contract with a penalty fee if a customer leaves during that period ? Verizon and all their competitors have that "hook" which is disingenuous to the consumer.
They are going recoup those start up costs of running the fiber optics and equipment. It's matter of how quickly they're going to turn a profit.
You have to think their running on borrowed capital.
free

Sidney, OH

#8 Mar 15, 2012
Nktelco has a 59.00 instlation fee, or they will wave the fee if you sign a 2 year contract, the price is up front and out in the open, nktelco.net , you can check their prices online, I'm getting the same thing I had with T/W for about half the money !!!!!!!!!!
Grady wrote:
What happens to their price after the 1st year? It's probably the same scheme that direct tv runs. 1/2 price first year and doubles after that!
free

Sidney, OH

#9 Mar 15, 2012
my name is free, i love to hear my self talk while i type, and i do blow myself !.........
free wrote:
A sign up discount offering is a classic marketing come-on that ropes in the uninformed. NKtel have a one or two contract with a penalty fee if a customer leaves during that period ? Verizon and all their competitors have that "hook" which is disingenuous to the consumer.
They are going recoup those start up costs of running the fiber optics and equipment. It's matter of how quickly they're going to turn a profit.
You have to think their running on borrowed capital.
Driver

Lima, OH

#10 May 1, 2012
i got DSL through Century. Let me tell you the day NK runs Fiber Optic to the north i'm giving Century the finger. their service stinks. you call them you get some indian claiming to be "sarah"(yeah right). Then on top of that they had to come out and mess with something in the telephone like took them 6 days to come fix it. C'ya Century if NK comes to the north.
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#11 May 1, 2012
You people say its "super fast" yet you offer no details on speeds, pings, latency, ect. But i see they waive a 60 dollars fee if you sign a contact.

I'd rather pay the 60 dollars to stay out of a contract. I also went to their site here:

http://www.nktelco.com/index.php/services/int...

And they show their package prices but tell you nothing about speeds. Esspecially if you want to commpare that to regular road runner (7mbit down/1mbit up) which is like 35-45 dollars/month no contract, no setup fees, ect. Remeber that you DO pay 1 month in advanced though.
testing

Sidney, OH

#12 May 2, 2012
Lamer wrote:
You people say its "super fast" yet you offer no details on speeds, pings, latency, ect. But i see they waive a 60 dollars fee if you sign a contact.
I'd rather pay the 60 dollars to stay out of a contract. I also went to their site here:
http://www.nktelco.com/index.php/services/int...
And they show their package prices but tell you nothing about speeds. Esspecially if you want to commpare that to regular road runner (7mbit down/1mbit up) which is like 35-45 dollars/month no contract, no setup fees, ect. Remeber that you DO pay 1 month in advanced though.
..........nktelco.net........t ested on speedtest.net ..........download 14.42 MBPS.....upload 1.01 MBPS... don't know if it's any good or not, but thats the numbers
Lamer

Hopkins, MN

#13 May 3, 2012
That is almost the same as road runner on time warner cable. You get almost double the download bandwidth but the same upload. What price package are you on?

If they are running a fiber line to my house, im looking at very big increase over my cable line. This sounds marginal for fiber. take a look at verizon's FIOS (not available around here yet) but their fiber lines are doing 15, 20, and even 50mbit packages for home users.

Google is doing 1Gbps,,and as of Sept 2009, Alcatel-Lucent lab achieved over 2Petabps.(over 100 million gigabits per second.) Point being is that your fiber line should blow away your cable line.
testing

Sidney, OH

#14 May 4, 2012
$44.95 per month for internet, and I think it was like 59.95 to install, it's fiber optics, whatever that is.......
Lamer wrote:
That is almost the same as road runner on time warner cable. You get almost double the download bandwidth but the same upload. What price package are you on?
If they are running a fiber line to my house, im looking at very big increase over my cable line. This sounds marginal for fiber. take a look at verizon's FIOS (not available around here yet) but their fiber lines are doing 15, 20, and even 50mbit packages for home users.
Google is doing 1Gbps,,and as of Sept 2009, Alcatel-Lucent lab achieved over 2Petabps.(over 100 million gigabits per second.) Point being is that your fiber line should blow away your cable line.
lamer

Norwalk, OH

#15 May 4, 2012
Thanks for the info. I am going to be calling them later and talking to them about speeds and prices so i can get a better idea compared to time warner. I'll let you know what i conclude.
This suks

Eastlake, OH

#16 Jun 27, 2012
NK TELco Suks !
Why does this suck

Mansfield, OH

#17 Jul 30, 2012
Hey This sucks...tell me why Nktelco sucks. I'm thinking about getting it but still want to know why they suck so bad. Could you elaborate on that a bit?
This Suks

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Aug 3, 2012
the internet was awsome, fast but not as fast as the new roadrunner, the cable tv is what sukd, from the channel line up to the quailty of the picture,they say 1080p, more like 720 at best. to the junk equipment, I had it for 3 months,and couldn't wait to dump them, glad I did, got a good deal by going back to RR

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#19 Aug 13, 2013
We switched from Centurylink to NKtelco about a month ago. We wanted to get rid of our home phone but Centurylink kept telling me to do that my internet price would go up. I was on the phone with them for hours and called more than once with the same run around. One tech was actually very rude to me. So we called Time Warner and NKtelco and I must say I was impressed with NKtelco over Time Warner. Nktelco starting price is the actual price where Time Warner offered me the same thing but it was only that price for 12 months.

Our DSL with Centurylink was only 1.5 mbps and Nktelco package we chose is 10 mbps but consistently is a bit higher than that. So far extremely pleased.

Funny though, after I had such run around with Centurylink and the day I called to cancel service with them...SUDDENLY They were ready to do back flips to keep me. Offered me the same rate I will pay for NKtelco to stay. I told them too late. Nktelco was in my home at that moment installing their service. I haven't even missed our home phone as most people who know us called our cell anyway and the only calls I got on the landline was telemarketers. I do not miss those at all.
transloader

Bellville, OH

#20 Aug 14, 2013
Driver wrote:
i got DSL through Century. Let me tell you the day NK runs Fiber Optic to the north i'm giving Century the finger. their service stinks. you call them you get some indian claiming to be "sarah"(yeah right). Then on top of that they had to come out and mess with something in the telephone like took them 6 days to come fix it. C'ya Century if NK comes to the north.
I am on CenturyLink also. if anyone considering switching or going with CenturyLink DON'T DO IT!!! While I'll admit it's pretty fast for DSL their customer service is poop. Then they blame me with my house phones(which I've had the same telephones for years) and with another provider is why the internet dropping(doesn't make sense). Much like your experience I get some foreigner when I call for support. Then the guy that comes out to fix it. he allegedly fixes an "open loop" in the line. 2 days later its back "knocked out" also the guy acts like he's pissed off when he's out here. Then the internet drops atleast 1 time a day. There was a period where it was out all day. Only reason I switched from my old provider was their DSL speed wasn't much better than dial up. I watch a lot of videos on youtube and download music so I didn't have the bandwidth I should. so yes I agree with the statement the day NK tel comes up this way. C'YA CenturyLink.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sidney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Applegate Aug 6 Tonya 1
Spradlin's Auto Repair (Apr '16) Aug 4 Matt 7
This site is crap Aug 3 DLs 2
slumlords (Apr '11) Jul 29 Sir Farts 27
Tbolts champs! Jul 26 Andrea99 1
Green Jul 25 Smell Phart 4
Lonely need friends (Apr '14) Jul 25 Is Phart 9

Sidney Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance