influx of Camden residents into sickl...

“Lovin South Jersey”

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore

#41 Jul 6, 2009
PROPERTY VIRGIN wrote:
So, Val are you still a fan of Wilton's Corner? You had some really positive things to say in 2007. I'm curious to hear you take on Wilton's Corner now, especially regarding resale value of townhomes in the area.
Property Virgin, I'm still a big fan of wilton's corner. My only issue was children walking dogs that may appear too powerful for them to handle if something went awry. I did have a prejudice against pit bulls but another blogger educated me on the breed and while I can't say that I'm converted, I do have a better understanding. What I truly appreciate about WC is the diverse mix of ethnicities, ages and family size. I lucked up to live in a great cul-de-sac where all of us moved in close to the same time. We are friends and my son sometimes when he forgets his keys, can easily go to any our neighbors homes and wait until we get home. there is a comfort in knowing that you have neighbors that you can trust your children with. There are a lot of resells in the development but most of it is because alot of people got way over their heads with the mortgage, others were because of job relocation, and then a few in particular that I personally know were because of family tragedy. For the value, size and location of WC, we remain happy that we chose this place. In a few years, the property value will soar again as the development plans (I'm friends with chairman of the planning board for Winslow Township)for Winslow Township will rival what you see on the Gloucester County side of Berlin Cross Keys. Given our proximity to Berlin Cross Keys, WC will remain a hot spot.
coopernurse

Collingswood, NJ

#42 Jul 9, 2009
Halil wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a lot of nerve saying what you said.
Last night I was robbed in Manor Hall at gunpoint in my taxi. I was with my wife, I was going to drop her off at my sister and brother in laws house in Erial. I got a call for a pickup and figured since I was close by where this person was, I would make this quick drive. This black male decided to robb me at gunpoint with my wife in the car. Never again will I ever pick up another black male customer because this is the THIRD time I was robbed around there by a black male. My wife is very shooken up about this. Black people like this give good black people a bad rap! That whole area has a bad rap because these parents cant keep these kids in line. So all you people that come from camden into our neigborhoods, thanks for runing our lives. I think that our government needs to pass a law prohibiting these Camden animals from moving out of the city into nice neigborhoods. Im sure many local residents will vote for this.
Sir I do not want to minimize your feelings, and I am very sorry you were robbed. But take a look at what you are saying. So does this mean every white person that commits a crime is to be used as an example of how I would treat every other white person? I think not. So am I supposed to not trust every person Arab American as someone who is carrying a bomb and fighting for Jihad? I think not. I don't want to assume what your ethnic background is by your name or the fact that you drive a cab. You should take the time to think really deep about your stereotypes and views, because some of the same people that dislike the black people don't feel too good about you either.
coopernurse

Collingswood, NJ

#43 Jul 10, 2009
Mike wrote:
Is this true? How are these people affording these houses?
Well I'm pretty sure "these" people work hard as I assume you do. It amazes me that "you people" think that the American dream was only made for those that have a lack melanin? I think not. It is very disheartening that some of you all on this site have such biased and ridiculous feels. But they are just that your feelings and opinions, and you are entitled to them. Does not make you right by any means. I have a good movie for you...check out "White Man's Burden" starring John Travolta. Great depiction..life would be different if you wore different shoes.
Long Timer

Dallas, PA

#44 Jul 10, 2009
Hey Property Virgin,
I wasn't responding to your inquiry. I was responding to some of the old mentality posters if you get me.
I am passionate about racism, ageism or any other ism that keeps people from seeing each other for what they really are.
I understand that people feel more comfortable around people that look like them and dress like them, I get that, I really do, but when you step outside of that comfort zone the world opens up in ways you cant imagine.
What absolutely drives me nuts are generalizations and that is what racism is when you boil it down. No two people are alike let along an entire race and thinking so is simple ignorance of the real people that are contained in the group. It is ignorance plain and simple no matter what place on the color wheel you find yourself.
That kind of ignorance is what is destroying parts of our world. Racism taken to its pinnacle ends in war and/or genocide. Somehow we must all resist the inherent urge to generalize and work to base our views on something besides the observable differences.
I understand that everyone doesn't want to integrate into a mixed/different area but I long for a time when doing so isn't even a consideration when shopping for a place to live. Maybe one day the age old desire to seek out a similar group will fade but until then I will continue to speak out against ignorance and racism whenever I see it. I guess you could say I have a dream.
PROPERTY VIRGIN

Clementon, NJ

#45 Jul 10, 2009
Well said.....well said!!!
Maria from Camden

Folsom, PA

#46 Aug 31, 2009
After reading all the comments i will now pray for all of you because what we should be doing is praying for quote un quote these people.
Lack of prayer in the household is why our children are not being guided. Everyone in this world in the eyes of any God, that you may believe in, says we are all brothers. Therefore i will pray for all the youth in Camden, Sicklerville and the surrounding areas.
Oh and i am a minority with a beautiful home in Camden and just like there are good places in sicklerville and the surrounding areas, there are good places in Camden and good people too.
Unfortunately for us minorities in Camden we are fed drugs from the non minorities to keep us down and this is a fact...so lets pray for drugs to cease because the drugs are one of the main causes for the crime we suffer and it is also a fact that in Camden the Schools had lead in their water lines so now a majority of people from the age of 17 and up have lead poising and or mental illnesses undaignosed...those Camden people have been neglected and poisoned by the people that didnt care.
I end with this just imagine going to school and feeling the racism from a teacher or a neighbor. Now imagine you go to a town and your not welcome because of the place you came from. How would you feel ? Some of you may get angry, resentful, vindictive, etc.. So with that being said i pray for all of you to have the patience and understanding that this is happening all over the world and it is part of life without prayer...live by faith don't hate because you will never be happy so forgive those people and try to help them instead of bashing them..i help them all the time and anyone who needs it.
I LOVE YOU ALL YOUR SISTER MARIA
renter

Jersey City, NJ

#47 Sep 9, 2009
I have driven all around wc and see hardly anyone outside but I'm from up north jersey I live in the city I thought wc was a nice place to try and keep my son out of the city life trouble. I already feel a little anxiety about the whole move but after reading all the post it just made it worse I don't want to be somewhere that's not good for teenagers or young children period so if someone could please give me some reassurance because the place i'm looking to rent is not cheap 1700 a month not for a neighborhood that's not safe

“Lovin South Jersey”

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore

#48 Sep 10, 2009
Renter -

Wilton's Corner is a lovely place to raise your family. You will never find paradise in any community but I like to think that we come close. So please, leave your anxieties in your car and come be a part of a great community.
Dominic

Hammonton, NJ

#49 Feb 10, 2011
Whats with the attitude of them
tizme

Sicklerville, NJ

#50 Mar 5, 2011
This is not a black-white issue, but rather one of socioeconomics. My mixed race family is equally concerned about the downward trend in Sicklerville. Blaming the teachers is by no means appropriate. They can only do what they're allowed to... Parents on the other hand teach their children values. The element moving into the area is of grave concern for those of us who are working yet trying to instill what's important. "Help," you helped so much that you moved. Easy to point the finger. I work hard and want my children educated in a safe environment. The Camden element makes puts such goals at great risk & makes my job nearly impossible.
stop being racists wrote:
okay first of all you all need to stop with the racists comments . i was use to live in sicklerville and yes i attended school there . its really funny how you can blame the schools conditions on the childrend when the teachers and most of the staff there don't give a shit . and as far as us being able to afford living there your damn right .now instead of criticizing your community you might try and help it. if it were a white community im sure more of you would be involved with more concerns instead of racism . and you are all so little minded i mean if you are racists then you automatically think that all blacks are suppose to behave that way.
and that comment made about those kids in trench coats .. no they weren't made fun of they had mental issues that anyone with half of a brain would be able to recognize . ive known one of them since the fifth grade and he fits the profile of a nut case . but i guess to you since he is white then its except able right ?? well ill tell you what no black student was involved in that issue . as a matter of fact most of those issues that occurred in many other schools didn't involve black students either .and the majority of the students from those school were white . but i guess you dont want to blame the white children at those schools but its so easy for you to blame the black ones at winslow . bottom line if your not willing to help then shut up because its people like you who make black people despise whites , thats why halil got robed at gun point . so there you have it !!
mrsbanks

United States

#52 May 24, 2012
Val Traore wrote:
Renter -
Wilton's Corner is a lovely place to raise your family. You will never find paradise in any community but I like to think that we come close. So please, leave your anxieties in your car and come be a part of a great community.
i am moving to Wiltons Corner this weekend ..and it seems to be a nice community!!
LynessaV

Hammonton, NJ

#53 May 27, 2012
NIMBY... we have written and unwritten laws to make sure we keep away bad element in our tight-knit community in Hammonton. I don't want my propert value to go
Down, overburden our school with gangs, and I don't want to increase my chances of getting killed by Them.
kylie

Union, NJ

#54 Dec 29, 2012
I was just about to ask about properties in the area....
Is it still nice? I went there in 2009 intending to rent,but since housing costs are down I'm strongly considering the area.
Are the kids bussed to the school,or is it within walking distance?
MrsSicklerville

Williamstown, NJ

#55 Jul 25, 2014
I was born and raised in Sicklerville. My family was one of the first black families here. Manor Hall, Lehigh Manor, and Regency House(Windy Pines, Sherman Oaks) were always horrible. This town is going down hill. People say blame the school. I say the school doesn't raise your children. If they treat you like trash at home what do you think they do to these teachers. These kids have no respect for authority or mankind period.
Okay, so you work hard to buy a house here and you raise your kids the correct way, but what about these inner city moms on welfare with section8. They are not tax payers the boyfriends and baby daddys are drug dealers and the kids are animals. Okay so live down the bottom of sicklerville go to school with the kids from top and make friends with them. Now these hoodlums are tearing up your neighborhood when they visit. People get your kids in check. Then when you say something to them here comes the ghetto mother with the rag on her head hollering and cussing at you. After 33 years I have had enough...I am moving away from here.
I miss old sicklerville CCU was a open field, Baba's was a cumberland farms, the appliance shop was Donte's cleaners, Martin Luther King Daycare was thirftway, and there was a mini mall you could walk through instead of rite aid. I am a Sicklerville native and I can't take it any longer.
your common sense

Philadelphia, PA

#56 Dec 8, 2015
An influx of camden residents into sicklerville!Now that's laughable, FYI sicklerville is a part of CAMDEN county so it shouldn't be so foreign in mature as to have residents that are from its city,I'm just saying.
your common sense

Philadelphia, PA

#57 Dec 8, 2015
Fyi its common to find Residents from camden City living within camden County.I'm just saying
your common sense

Philadelphia, PA

#58 Dec 8, 2015
MrsSicklerville wrote:
I was born and raised in Sicklerville. My family was one of the first black families here. Manor Hall, Lehigh Manor, and Regency House(Windy Pines, Sherman Oaks) were always horrible. This town is going down hill. People say blame the school. I say the school doesn't raise your children. If they treat you like trash at home what do you think they do to these teachers. These kids have no respect for authority or mankind period.
Okay, so you work hard to buy a house here and you raise your kids the correct way, but what about these inner city moms on welfare with section8. They are not tax payers the boyfriends and baby daddys are drug dealers and the kids are animals. Okay so live down the bottom of sicklerville go to school with the kids from top and make friends with them. Now these hoodlums are tearing up your neighborhood when they visit. People get your kids in check. Then when you say something to them here comes the ghetto mother with the rag on her head hollering and cussing at you. After 33 years I have had enough...I am moving away from here.
I miss old sicklerville CCU was a open field, Baba's was a cumberland farms, the appliance shop was Donte's cleaners, Martin Luther King Daycare was thirftway, and there was a mini mall you could walk through instead of rite aid. I am a Sicklerville native and I can't take it any longer.
bye!two finger in the middle !!peace who needs neighbors who can't evolve with the times,stand your ground &own your land
your common sense

Philadelphia, PA

#59 Dec 8, 2015
your common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
bye!two finger in the middle !!peace who needs neighbors who can't evolve with the times,stand your ground &own your land
no one can run me from my land,sicklerville has been kind to me,my neighbors are friendly,my kids are honor students I work,play,&volunteer here,this is my city&my city is me.I will not let a few bad people define sicklerville nj
your common sense

Philadelphia, PA

#60 Dec 8, 2015
MrsSicklerville wrote:
I was born and raised in Sicklerville. My family was one of the first black families here. Manor Hall, Lehigh Manor, and Regency House(Windy Pines, Sherman Oaks) were always horrible. This town is going down hill. People say blame the school. I say the school doesn't raise your children. If they treat you like trash at home what do you think they do to these teachers. These kids have no respect for authority or mankind period.
Okay, so you work hard to buy a house here and you raise your kids the correct way, but what about these inner city moms on welfare with section8. They are not tax payers the boyfriends and baby daddys are drug dealers and the kids are animals. Okay so live down the bottom of sicklerville go to school with the kids from top and make friends with them. Now these hoodlums are tearing up your neighborhood when they visit. People get your kids in check. Then when you say something to them here comes the ghetto mother with the rag on her head hollering and cussing at you. After 33 years I have had enough...I am moving away from here.
I miss old sicklerville CCU was a open field, Baba's was a cumberland farms, the appliance shop was Donte's cleaners, Martin Luther King Daycare was thirftway, and there was a mini mall you could walk through instead of rite aid. I am a Sicklerville native and I can't take it any longer.
Bye!!two fingers in the middle.....&BTW I agree but onli one can judge another it's not our place.
Name92

Fairfield, CA

#61 Jan 15, 2016
IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE wrote:
As the days go by, this town will go from worse to shit. It has been going on for years now, with all of these people from camden moving into Sicklerville. Look at the highschool, Winslow High. Its out of control! I dont want to hear, "oh its those trench coat kids who are creating the problem in that school". Actually, its the minority kids who pick on those type of individuals and with no one to turn to for help, these 'trench coat' kids turn to violence. Crime is high, its out of control. I took both of my children out of that district and am considering moving out of sicklerville all together. Its a warzone in sicklerville right now. Its to the point where I cant even drive down sicklerville road because these little pieces of shit think its cool to throw bricks at cars driving 40 mph. One went though the rear window of my new car. Ive had enough of this shit. You people from Camden wonder why the city is such a shit hole, maybe try looking at your kids and you will find the answer. You also wonder why inner suburbian families dont want minorities in their neighborhoods, its because of people like those from Camden who bring the crime and bullshit with them when they move into these towns.
I am a minority. I know first hand that it is hard to survive being a minority. However, we as minorities need to rise above the stereotypes and stop the bullshit now! Minorities will get no where as long as parents refuse to control their out of control kids and families. Furthermore, most of you people from Camden give us minorities a bad name! Disgraceful!
Everyone needs to calm down and look at the bigger picture here. First of all Camden NJ minorities are no different than suburbian caucasion minorities. Camden has issue with crime but, crime is also in suburban areas. To be honest sicklerville has always had crime there any way. Now let's talk facts, even without camden youth's migrating to sicklerville. The Caucasian children still have issues with breaking and entering. You have molesters, and drug dealers all of whom are Caucasian residing in your town but noone is saying that is a problem. Caucasian children sell drugs too it's just not addressed and directed towards the Caucasian Amercan communities. The news, the residents, and statistics knows that the suburbs are no different than any other crime infected city. The media only address issues in or around tge inner city. The so called ghetto. Everyone has problems however, since the news project the problems of the inner city more than any other place in america, except Afghanistan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sicklerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) Aug 17 former employee 237
Gloucester Township Mayor David Mayer is Corrupt (Jan '17) Aug 15 Tyrone 9
Mayor David Mayer is a Dixiecrat Aug 15 GT Jim Crow 1
Mayor Dave Mayer faces more lawsuits for abusin... Aug 3 Media news 1
Mayor David Mayer runs a Racist Township Aug 1 Terrence 1
Anyone have memories of downtown Clementon in 5... (May '07) Jul 30 Helena Faulkner 853
Walter Dority and Mayor David Mayer Jul 28 Todd 8

Sicklerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sicklerville Mortgages