Review: Puppy Palace
Barbara

Monroe, MI

#29 Feb 6, 2009
The groomer speaking is not reputable at all. I left my dog with her to get a bath and a cut. I came back early and I saw her hit my dog because he was acting up. She had no right to hit my dog and she was shocked that I saw her. I was going to press charges but it was her word against mine. Speaking of staying away, stay away from this groomer.
Amber

Trenton, NJ

#30 Feb 10, 2009
ok first off barbara, i do not abuse dogs or cats, i happen to like animals more then i do people. Why would i be working with them or would i care how they are treated in pet stores such as this one if i myself abuse animals? you must not know who i really am because i stand up to people who abuse animals and have 2 rescue pets of my own who i single handedly save. Now that i have made that clear.. i believe that the people in the area should know what is going on before going out and buying an expensive dog that has issues and not being informed of it.
And lastly, i wanted to let everyone know that i spoke to the owner of the store today and thanks to a lot of people who care enough to make a difference all of the issues that were in that store have been resolved this week while the store was closed for 2 days to take care of the issue at hand. Thank you for taking the time to read this, i believe it is very important information for the pet parents who are looking to buy or adopt a new member of their family. it is very crutial to do research on the types of dogs you are looking to get and the places they are coming from. I hope everyone has a lovely rest of the week. Thank you.
customer

Brentwood, TN

#31 Feb 11, 2009
interesting just bouth a puppy there
store was not closed
get your facts straight
what you did was send a lady from the spca there who inspected the store. do you know what she found- nothing... a lice free store
adrianna727

Coatesville, PA

#32 Feb 13, 2009
LadyLillian wrote:
The puppies were adorable. However while I was in the store a womam had her little girl in there making all kinds of apualling noises. The little girl was also allowed to handle the puppies, which in my opninon were too small for a child to handle. I also thought as opposed to solid walls the puppies should be able to look out. Acrylic walls could be a better choice. The puppies are consistantly looking up. Their poor little necks must hurt. I asked the worker there about the breeders, he only said "they come from breeders" that was the end of that conversation. I was also looking a puppy. I really considered buying a dog,I think of it as an expensive rescue. I was informed while there, the price of the dog I was looking at had just increased. Amazing, all of a sudden if I do not buy the dog now, the price was going to increase. If that was not enough, the woman there came over and started telling someone on the pbone about the dog I was looking at. She positioned herself right next to me and started telling the person on the phone about the dog I thought I wanted, unprofessional to say the least. Well that was enough games for me. I will select from an animal shelter. I feel so sorry for those puppy mill dogs.
If you did not put any money on the puppy, you can not say that it was your dog, you were just interested in the puppy, just like the person on the phone was. Maybe you should open up your own puppy store and then you can run it the way you want, and children are not allowed to hold the puppies, there is a sign right on the wall. Why make false accusations against this company? My kids love this place and we go visit the puppies every week!!
CYP

Philadelphia, PA

#33 Mar 5, 2009
i baught a puppy from the puppy palace 1. I found a puppy i just fell in love with!. Well when i braught her home she had this cough and i didnt know if it was bad. So i just braught it to the vet in 3 days from the purchase and it turns out she had kennel cough. she was put on medication until early december. While at rhe vet they told me ther was a "unfit forslae" law in Nj. So idroped off the letter and they reimbursed me. well in januray there was a fallow up letter and they denined my claim. Well i went back for a third time and dropped off a letter once again and i wrote a letter stated that if i do not hear from within 7 days i will seek all remedies availible to me through the legal system.. i got a letter saying that there denying my claim again.. While i was there the third time it smelled horrible and there was poop in all the bins.. i will never purchase anythingfrom them again and advise you not to either.
Mark

Medford, NJ

#34 Mar 16, 2009
If your pup gets sick from an infectious or contagious disease within the first 14 days from bringing the pup home you need a letter/statement from the vet and itemized bill(s). The store needs to cover you for the problem and pay you for bills related to the problem for the duration of the problem including meds, re-visits, x-rays, etc.- 6months for any heriditary problems.
Cindy wrote:
<quoted text>
In the state of NJ the puppy place is required to cover the health of a dog for 14 days. What happens when the pet stays ill?????
It was not a kennel, it was a puppy store and
I still have a very sick puppy 6 weeks later.
So what right does the consumer have?????
I should not be SOL as you have said.
You must be related the owner.
DOGGIE

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Mar 24, 2009
i think no one should buy a puppy from here! i lost half my money because of it.. First, they need to learn how to clean there store. whne i went in there to drop off papers i had to leave i thought i was going to throw up. This unsyopathetic owner BOB! was giving me problems becasue hes sells sick puppies and he just wants the money.. He would not i give me the money who owes me for the pet bills. and i will be contacting news agencies and the couier post.
Renee

Indianapolis, IN

#36 Apr 16, 2009
I went there with my 2 children the other day. We were looking for a dog for my mom. When I asked one of the workers a question about a puppy, he totally ignored me. Figuring he just did not hear me, I asked the other person (a female) the same question. She did not even look at me and very rudely answered my question with her back turned away from me - like she could not be bothered. I feel sorry for these puppies as I would not reccommend that place to anyone due to the way we were treated. would never go back nor refer to anyone!!
dog loverr

Monroe, MI

#37 Apr 19, 2009
i love this place! the two girls that work there are wonderful and it is always clean. There are woodchips here and there but theirs only so much you can do about that. Would you rather them drink out of little animal feeders behind bars and through glass like the mall or have regular bowls like a real dog? I was at puppy stop the other day and they had the same problem and they were beyond rude to me and my daughter. While i was their i was looking at a golden and it started to vomit in the play area! I was horrified. I told him and he picked the dog up and said "she feels like shes not finsihed" and than he put her back into the bin with her siblings to vomit some more! Than when i went to look at her in her bin, two other siblings started to vomit as well! Than they all started to eat it! If a puppy is throwing up it should be put isolated so it doesnt spread to the other puppies and so you can watch it and make sure its eating and getting the care it needs. I recommend puppy place to everybody and anybody! The owner is very nice and so is the store. The employees have bought dogs their and so has the owner. If they really come from these horrible places and are treated so poorly than why did they purchase a puppy from the store? I feel sorry for some of you people.
question

Sacramento, CA

#38 May 11, 2009
I saw a cute puppy at this place but now am wondering if I should buy it. Do they have a good reputation?
Cindy

Fairview Village, PA

#39 May 19, 2009
CYP wrote:
i baught a puppy from the puppy palace 1. I found a puppy i just fell in love with!. Well when i braught her home she had this cough and i didnt know if it was bad. So i just braught it to the vet in 3 days from the purchase and it turns out she had kennel cough. she was put on medication until early december. While at rhe vet they told me ther was a "unfit forslae" law in Nj. So idroped off the letter and they reimbursed me. well in januray there was a fallow up letter and they denined my claim. Well i went back for a third time and dropped off a letter once again and i wrote a letter stated that if i do not hear from within 7 days i will seek all remedies availible to me through the legal system.. i got a letter saying that there denying my claim again.. While i was there the third time it smelled horrible and there was poop in all the bins.. i will never purchase anythingfrom them again and advise you not to either.
Funny, the same thing happened to me and my family.So not fair to the consumer that has to spends hundreds of dollars to get their puppies weel. Sorry it happened to you too!
Cindy

Fairview Village, PA

#40 May 19, 2009
dog loverr wrote:
i love this place! the two girls that work there are wonderful and it is always clean. There are woodchips here and there but theirs only so much you can do about that. Would you rather them drink out of little animal feeders behind bars and through glass like the mall or have regular bowls like a real dog? I was at puppy stop the other day and they had the same problem and they were beyond rude to me and my daughter. While i was their i was looking at a golden and it started to vomit in the play area! I was horrified. I told him and he picked the dog up and said "she feels like shes not finsihed" and than he put her back into the bin with her siblings to vomit some more! Than when i went to look at her in her bin, two other siblings started to vomit as well! Than they all started to eat it! If a puppy is throwing up it should be put isolated so it doesnt spread to the other puppies and so you can watch it and make sure its eating and getting the care it needs. I recommend puppy place to everybody and anybody! The owner is very nice and so is the store. The employees have bought dogs their and so has the owner. If they really come from these horrible places and are treated so poorly than why did they purchase a puppy from the store? I feel sorry for some of you people.
Let me get this right. The dog is vomiting and the others are eating it and you would recommend this place to others? I had to read that a few times. That makes no sense at all. I agree the girls working there are friendly but that does not make the place a good place. The condition of the dogs being sold is what matters. Unless you've been through what my family went through, you would not understand!
Cindy

Fairview Village, PA

#41 May 19, 2009
dog loverr wrote:
Sorry, misread. Thought you were talking about the Puppy Palace. Still did not have a good experience there and the owner was beyond rude. They are nice as long as you don't have any problems.
CHAD

Brentwood, TN

#42 Jun 8, 2009
i was in this industry for a long time and it was very difficult. the statistics are not in favor of the pet store. 3-4 out of every 10 have something wrong with them, our goal was to minimize whats wrong, if its a cough or parasite consider yourself lucky, i can tell you if they are not paying vet bills they would be shut down so i doubt thats the case..i have not been in this particularly store but just wanted to put my two cents in...do your homework and the owner needs to put the time in...kennel cough is way to common but if trated, can subside realitvely fast...parasites in the stool are also common so check the sheets that they give you to make sure they treat with albon or panacur...most importantly, be a responsible owner..we had two cases that were really stange..1st lady took puppy home n put it in cage while she went to work 8 hours later puppy was lethargic and hardly moving..vet diagnosed with low blood sugar cuz she didnt feel for a long stretch..another time family had a puppy for 2 weeks and than all of a sudden it stopped eating, they bitched to no end, turns out an xray revealed it ate a penny....u think i ever got an apology from either case...answer is no,,,final comment would be if you are unhappy when there tell them so they know what they can do to improve, do research on the breed and know even within the breed, their are pups that do their own thin, finally...if you dont like or support pet stores dont go or buy from them, their are plenty of places that offer pups besides stores.my experiences are they serve a useful purpose for two reasons: you are not gonna get that cute little puppy from a shelter n shelters deny deny deny people like u wouldnt believe, i cant tell u how many people came in because they were denied from the shelter, i truly believe they need to lower their standards, just because someone doesnt have a fence doesnt mean they would not be a good pet owner
dog loverr

Monroe, MI

#43 Jun 17, 2009
chad..you are the only intelligent one posting on here..bravo to you!!!
jude

Quakertown, PA

#44 Jul 14, 2009
why would anyone buy from puppy palace which has bought puppies from almost heaven kennels in pa. when i went in there the "overpriced" dogs which you can ADOPT at the shelter for 1/2 the price all came from puppy mill situations. why buy when you can donate a couple bucks to the shelter who helps animals find homes. buying from a puppy mill seller just brings on more abuse. i have a dog rescued from a mill situation and it was just cruel how she was mishandled. please think before buying, Adopt dont shop.
Mary

Westfield, NJ

#45 Jul 20, 2009
I went to the store and was very happy with the staff and the cleaniness of the store. Thought the prices were great and purchased a small dog. Would recommend this site to anyone.
carole

Waterford Works, NJ

#46 Jul 21, 2009
i had purchased three dogs from the store was happy with the store and the staff.for people saying negative things about the store i respect your opinions but you have to understand that some people can't adopt animal from the shelters because they can deny you for stupid reasons.
Winter

Fort Worth, TX

#47 Jul 29, 2009
I am sure the puppy palace looked clean, and for that reason they managed to fool most of you. If you think the conditions the puppies moms are living in are similiar then you could not be more wrong. All any of you did was to keep animal cruely alive and well with puppy mills. None of you deserve to have a pet.
Winter

Fort Worth, TX

#48 Jul 29, 2009
Carole what exactly are the stupid reasons that they used on you? For the record those shelters have created those list of who they will adopt to because of stupid pet owners. They may sound stupid to you but in reality there are people who should not have pets and that includes anyone who would purchase a dog for a pet shop. A true animal lover would never consider getting a pet from an industy that promotes animal cruelty, like you did when you continued to give space to the next puppy snatched from its mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sicklerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walter Dority aka Willy Lynch Wed Terrence 1
Walter Dority and Mayor David Mayer (Apr '17) Wed Kelly2 12
Mayor Sandra Love Stole Millions of Dollars Wed Len 3
Mayor David Mayer raises highest Property Taxes... (Jan '17) Wed Tom 5
Tuscan Pizza Review Feb 13 medi 3
Is Sicklerville a dangerous and nasty town? (Mar '08) Feb 3 Crusader M 110
News Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) Jan '18 former employee 253

Sicklerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sicklerville Mortgages