memories of Blackwood, New Jersey

Posted in the Sicklerville Forum

dmk09

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Oct 15, 2009
Does anybody remember living in Blackwood, NJ in the past? I only lived in Blackwood from the early to mid-1970s (about two years), but I have some memories. I used to walk from where I lived at Nob Hill Apartments to Downtown Blackwood and browse at the stores, go to their cinema, or go bowling. I also went to Glendora Skating Rink long before I moved to Blackwood. My favorite places to eat there were an Italian restaurant in downtown (I don't remember its name.) and the Blackwood Diner.
I'm sure that some of you out there have your own memories of living there.
dmk09

Ashburn, VA

#2 Nov 4, 2009
Despite what this colum says, my address is in Haddonfield, NJ. Check my web site by typing "Dotty's Dimensions" on Google.
harley venice fl

Tampa, FL

#3 Mar 21, 2010
I use to live in blackwood nj...I was a skate guard on saturday mornings at glendora skate rink,they were the good old days!!!
dmk09

Ashburn, VA

#4 Mar 31, 2010
Did you ever go to Glendora on Friday nights? If so, do you remember a skater named Dominick Leo?
John M

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Aug 1, 2011
dmk09 wrote:
Does anybody remember living in Blackwood, NJ in the past? I only lived in Blackwood from the early to mid-1970s (about two years), but I have some memories. I used to walk from where I lived at Nob Hill Apartments to Downtown Blackwood and browse at the stores, go to their cinema, or go bowling. I also went to Glendora Skating Rink long before I moved to Blackwood. My favorite places to eat there were an Italian restaurant in downtown (I don't remember its name.) and the Blackwood Diner.
Yes, I lived in Nob Hill Apts at the same time. Our family lived there and I worked in Philadelphia. We were there for three years if my memory is correct.
mevog

Seminole, FL

#6 Nov 11, 2011
dmk09 wrote:
Did you ever go to Glendora on Friday nights? If so, do you remember a skater named Dominick Leo?
sure did. in the early sixties where my school,St.Matthew,in Verga used to bus us kids up there for a skate party every fri.night.
DJC110759

Olympia, WA

#7 Jan 16, 2012
I lived on Hickstown Rd and went to Charles W. Lewis for 6th and 7th grade. That was 72/73 time frame. Hung out at the skating rink most Fri/Sat nights.
Alf

San Diego, CA

#8 Jun 6, 2012
I lived in nob hill aparments (Camino) Went to Hurfville grade school for 5th and part of 6th grade. This was 1978-79.
JJj

Roslindale, MA

#9 Apr 18, 2013
Alf wrote:
I lived in nob hill aparments (Camino) Went to Hurfville grade school for 5th and part of 6th grade. This was 1978-79.
?
My Uncle/aunt and cousins lived in nob hill apts all through 70s/80s/90s. It was a very tight community for an apt complex. I visited and swam at the pool often. I Also used to skate at Glendora in the 70s and early 80s. Many fond memories. Funny memories of ladies choice. I said no to every girl because I couldn't skate backwards. Darn how I regret those decisions.
linda

Glendale, AZ

#12 Feb 2, 2014
Yes I do remember blackwood i was there in the 70s and 80s and absolutely loved it.
dmk09 wrote:
darin

United States

#13 Mar 19, 2014
Was born in blackwood and moved from there in 86..went to Blackwood elem. And Charles W Lewis for a year...Skated every Friday and Saturday..Awesome times
Jackie Corby

Pensacola, FL

#14 Mar 30, 2014
Would like to get in touch with Dot Diaz (married to Jimmy Diaz). She was my friend in 1947; She had a daughter Diane who would be about 65 now. She and Jimmy lived on Black Horse Pike in Cross Keys and sold eggs and chickens. She told me she had grown up in what was o nce the railroad station in Blackwood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sicklerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police receive complaints about two more South ... (Aug '06) 8 hr LynessaV 220
Anyone know anywhere in Camden County helping w... (Nov '08) Tue carolinelee71 8
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Dec 6 Noddingout 19
Anyone have memories of downtown Clementon in 5... (May '07) Nov 29 sursie 818
Corrupt Dyfs in voorhees (Feb '10) Nov '14 brokenhearted 4
Review: Lucky Star Towing Nov '14 paul mass sr clem... 5
A look back at some of Thomas Edison's greatest... Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1

Sicklerville News Video

Sicklerville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sicklerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sicklerville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sicklerville