New Traffic light Camera ?

New Traffic light Camera ?

Posted in the Sicklerville Forum

WTH

Williamstown, NJ

#1 Jan 19, 2012
There is a camera at the light located on the corner of Rt 322 and Sicklerville Rd , in the past 2 months I have received 3 tickets , my direction of travel was heading down 322 West , where I stopped at the light , I then turned right onto Sicklerville Rd , I don't know if it's me or the camera timing might be off a bit . Has anybody received a ticket for failing to yield /stop before turning ?

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#2 Jan 21, 2012
WTH,
A friend told us months ago that he spoke with police and you have to stop a full 5 seconds before you turn or you will get a ticket. BUT... check w/local police if that is true, and if it is, does it agree w/local or county/state laws?
Monroe and Gloucester County do not show laws on their web sites. NJ Department of Transportation
does have "Turns; Prohibited Right Turns on Red" on Rt 322 @ http://www.nj.gov/transportation/refdata/traf...
No mention of Rt 322 and Sicklerville Rd.
Nothing for Route NJ 42 and Sicklerville Rd.( I checked just in case...)

NJ DOT Traffic Regulations
@
http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/refdata...
As usual, it takes much time to search or read through this mess; who paid for this to be placed on the net?

So, I gave up because Comcast throttled our Internet speed down to 1998 levels (a tech did disclose that CC has "only one cable line coming into Collings Lakes area & speeds drop dramatically when more users log on") and di a gOOgle for turn on red nj
Got this;
http://www.newjerseynewsroom.com/state/red-li...
"...If a car stops for a right turn on red intersection and then swings around at one speed, then they will get a ticket.
If the car stops at a right turn on red intersection, and a driver does their due diligence to stop and then go, there won't be a ticket issued..."

Here is the Mon­roe Town­ship site on camera tickets; http://monroetownshipnj.org/monroe-municipal-...

"...If you have received a red light cam­era vio­la­tion, it is strongly sug­gested you review the video of the alleged vio­la­tion by going to www.violationinfo.com . Enter the notice num­ber and the pin num­ber located in the upper right cor­ner of your notice of vio­la­tion. Please keep in mind the video you view will be the same video the Judge will view. If you need for time to pay this violation, please call this office and the pay by date will be moved ahead..."
NADA on laws or statutes

Next is Gloucester Township Intersection Safety Program (Red Light Cameras)@ http://www.glotwp.com/Departments/Police/Poli...
NADA on laws or statutes
--

As Orwell predicted, Big Brother is here; and collecting Millions of Dollars and the Camera Manufactureres and system companies are enjoying a good life too.

Good Luck!

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 21, 2012
Here it the Most Important parts; I had to copy my prev reply and paste it in an e mail message to myself because I could not open this site due to Comcast Lag;

New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission
Chapter 4 Turning Regulations

Right Turn On Red
Unless a No Turn on Red sign is posted, New Jersey law authorizes a right turn on a red light after a motorist comes to a full stop and checks for traffic. A motorist must yield to all oncoming traffic and pedestrians before turning right at a red light. Difficult-to-see vehicles, such as bicycles and mopeds, may have a green light, so it is important for a motorist to be aware of their presence.(N.J.S.A. 39:4-115) Always use a proper turn signal at least 100 feet before making any turn, and cancel the signal after completing the turn.(N.J.S.A. 39:4-126)

Right Turns (N.J.S.A. 39:4-123)
To make a safe right turn, a motorist should approach the intersection as far to the right as possible, keeping near to the curb or parked vehicles. The motorist should not swing outward or into another lane while making the right turn. He/she should drive up to the turn as far to the right as possible, keeping close to the right curb or parked vehicles at the curb. This vehicle positioning prior to a right turn reduces the chance of another vehicle being in the space on the right as the motorist makes the turn. He/she should not swing into the wrong lane while making the turn.

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/manuals/chap_04_12...
Got one too

Williamstown, NJ

#4 Jan 25, 2012
Monroe Twp is making a killing from this light, my mailman said he delivers about 20 of them a day!! They need one down at Peters Diner light, there is an accident at that light weekly!!
miesk6

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Jan 25, 2012
Hello Got one too,
I am miesk6 and because of the pop-ups and COMCAST lag, I didn't log in.

Yes, it is BIG $ maker for towns & cities as well as the state. I read a statement by NJ DOT about how it uses the cameras; "... uses cameras on state highways to help traffic flow as efficiently and safely as possible and to handle emergencies..."

If they wanted to improve anything they would place them facing traffic to spot DUI's and save folks' lives.

I hear ya about the Pete's intersection; some driving on Malaga tend to speed-up when approaching 322.. SOS

Be Safe!
AndyC

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Jan 28, 2012
Big Brother. I'm going to avoid those areas now that'll hurt the businesses and local taxpayers for allowing this to happen.
mark i

Gurnee, IL

#7 Oct 16, 2013
yes i got two tickets in two months (what a joke) it said i stopped few feet past the white line i did it because i could not see past the cars to make a right turn these cameras make so much money where does it go??? i heard some goes to private companies who install them
mark i

Gurnee, IL

#8 Oct 16, 2013
yes i got two tickets in two months it said i stopped few feet past white line WHAT A JOKE i had to move up because i could not see past the cars to make a right 95$!!! i heard that some of it goes to the companies who install the cameras
HaHa

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Oct 19, 2013
I got a red light camera ticket in Cherry Hill. They give you 3 pics and a video. It was a trap. I made a right turn on red. The video of course is probably edited to make one look guilty. The video showed that that I did stop but the pics made it appear that I didn't. I paid the $85 because I can't afford to miss work to fight the ticket. You don't get points for red light camera violations and supposedly insurance companies can't raise your rates.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sicklerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Dave Mayer makes History raising Highest ... Wed Mike D 6
Anyone have memories of downtown Clementon in 5... (May '07) Tue Xmanmtbr2 844
Mayor Mayer gives 25 year tax rebate for retail... Mon Recall Mayor Davi... 1
Is Sicklerville a dangerous and nasty town? (Mar '08) Mon Kim Miller 99
Surrogate Arrested for theft Mon Jezebel Michelle ... 7
Gloucester twp police officers beat up a local man (Dec '09) Mon Recall Mayor Dave... 11
Mayor Dave Mayer makes History raising Highest ... Jan 14 Recall Mayor Davi... 1

Sicklerville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sicklerville Mortgages