Amherst Mystery: Did UMass Researche...
Mr Muscle

Elizabeth, NJ

#2331 Jan 5, 2012
I of course hope Maura is still alive and well but I just don't see her alive and living under a witness protection program or something and/or just starting a new life under another name or something. In my opinion I would be surprised if this was the case. I just think something bad befell her.
yeah

Dallas, TX

#2332 Jan 14, 2012
Info wrote:
Maura disappeared less than 36 hrs after having spent a night alone in a motel room with Fred in Hadley MA.
What is it that Fred is terrified that Renner will find out? Renner has no idea what a mess he has stepped into! He is just an investigative journalist trying to solve a mystery, and answer a question long asked - What happened to Maura?
Worse yet... Word is she may have been preggo..

On a serious note, what is he hiding?
Kendall

Los Angeles, CA

#2333 Jan 27, 2012
Why is this not posting....
Kendall

Los Angeles, CA

#2334 Jan 27, 2012
you are not in the loop wrote:
<quoted text>
You know them ? Her mother was an alcoholic, her father was an abusive drunk, Her mother had a child by another man when married to her father and you call this a "great" family? I don't think so. By the way this information is from Laurie' sister, if you don't like it take it up with her. Of course Maura ran away, there has never been any evidence of foul play, she had plenty to run away from. And that's not counting the upcoming charges of cc fraud.
Wow - you have, what, 4th person information that her parents are/were both drunks? I know her father very well - he is not and never has been a drunk. I have known him for 2 years and your posting is not only incorrect but you are lucky Fred wouldn't waste his time suing you for slander for making these statements. You are disgusting.
pink

Fairfield, CA

#2335 Feb 1, 2012
Her wrote:

If u compare the picture to a pic of Maura its allmost the same person
Jenkins

Jersey City, NJ

#2336 Mar 11, 2012
Kendall wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow - you have, what, 4th person information that her parents are/were both drunks? I know her father very well - he is not and never has been a drunk. I have known him for 2 years and your posting is not only incorrect but you are lucky Fred wouldn't waste his time suing you for slander for making these statements. You are disgusting.
You've know Fred for 2 years?
What do u think he's gonna come out and tell people hes a drunk and abusive?
I'm not saying he's those things but how would you know he's not?

Have u ever lived with him?
How could you know what je was like ten years ago if you've known him for 2?

Do u really think it's possible to sue someone for slander because of a post on an Internet message board? Is that a joke?
I'm sorry but If a celebrity can't sue the national enquirer for a story that's obviously false I seriously doubt Fred could sue anyone for anything they say on a message board.

Remember to prove slander/libel you dint need to only prove someone said something not false, you need to also prove direct, definite consequences that the statement caused.
ssgoodenough

North Kingstown, RI

#2337 Mar 19, 2012
Again after many years of posting on this thread I post again in an effort to "ground" the speculation and call for well rounded police work. I think that a square one approach should be called for. Start over, new ground search in every direction for three miles. New canvas of all neighbors for a mile who were living in the area at the time, those who aren't there anymore track down and interview, those who have passed on interview their next of kin. Brand new interviews with everyone she came into contact with going back two weeks before her dissapperance. Pound the pavement up police presence and missing flyers in the area she dissappeared, spots on the evening news in the states of Vermont and New Hampshire, also Central Massachusetts and Quebec. Call Americas Most Wanted. It's time Maura was found.
Aundrea

Minneapolis, MN

#2338 Sep 14, 2012
adagio wrote:
<quoted text>
Maura is a perfect saint who was living a perfect and blameless life when she was snatched off the face of this earth by The Forces of Evil. Frankly my strongest sympathies now travel in the direction of Petrit Vasi a 19 yr old UMass student walking along the roadside on the night of Feb 5/6 and struck down by a car whose driver then proceeded to leave him for dead. Petrit was in a coma for 3 months then placed in a Rehab Hospital that threw him out when his insurance ran out even though he needed more rehab treatment. I am quoting Petrit's mother Aphrodite regarding the rehab situation.
If she had "hit" that gentleman, I think there would have been damage to the front end/winshield..etc, since he was injured so bad. Sad they havent had any leads. I feel bad for her family.
Aundrea

Minneapolis, MN

#2339 Sep 14, 2012
pink wrote:
<quoted text>
If u compare the picture to a pic of Maura its allmost the same person
It does really resemble her.. is it a relative? or...?
Mike

Saddle Brook, NJ

#2340 Oct 21, 2012
Over the past few days, I have taken a strong interest in the Maura Murray case. I have read through most every blog and posts that exist on this. Suddenly today I kind of got a strong flash in my head of what may have happened to her. Of course this is just a theory, but I feel it to be a strong one.

I believe she had 2 sets of directions with her. One being directions to a person she was to pick up, another possible being a 2nd person she was picking up, and the final destination was to be at either a person's house, or rental condo of some kind for the weekend. I believe she made it to that destination, but had help doing so.

According to reports there was supposedly a man smoking a cigarette in the car. Smoking a cigarette is kind of a distinct act, tough to mistake for anything else. I'd imagine Maura being a runner wasn't a smoker. She had 2 sets of directions with her. one to Burlington, Vermont, one to Stowe, Vermont. If one was traveling from Amherst to Bartlett, New Hampshire they probably don't take route 112. However if someone is traveling from Stowe or Burlington, VT to Bartlet, 112 can certainly be used. Especially if there's someone in the car, perhaps someone familiar with the area that may know a few shortcuts and roads easier to travel in the snow. I believe she was not alone in this car, but with a romantic interest. Someone she either met on a dating site or a previous discrete relationship. Someone she would know better not to call with her own cellphone. it would be interesting to know if she was on any dating sites. Even with a hidden profile. There may have even been a 3rd person in the car as well, or intentions of picking up another person.

This could have been an arranged sexual encounter for the weekend. I don't want to make any accusations of Maura. However, in general, people tend to keep their sexual life private, especially girls. You won't hear a girl on a Monday morning say 'yeah, I was in an orgy this Saturday, what did you do this weekend?". Or this could have just been a weekend getaway to meet a few new people. A long distance relationship is hard to stay loyal to, especially a pretty 21 year old girl in her college years. Even if she loved her current boyfriend, she maybe just needed an adventure and escape from life for a few days. It's a little morbid to use a death in the family as an excuse and I view it as bad karma, but to her train of thought it may have been the best excuse not to be questioned upon her return.
Mike

Saddle Brook, NJ

#2341 Oct 21, 2012
con't

All this being said, I assume Maura was a very pride driven girl as most intelligent and accomplished athletes with a lot going for them should be. However it looks like she went through a stressful week that jarred her pride a lot. Between a few accidents, a rumored hit and run, causing her Dad a few bucks and thensome, I think she decided to getaway for the weekend with intentions of returning home. However when she got into another accident, probably drunk or at least drinking in some regard while driving while probably having a guy or two in the car with her (whom may have been drinking as well or perhaps had drugs on them, which would explain them fleeing the scene before most anyone could notice), this may also explain why they would take a more docile road to travel, and then having intentions of being with them for the weekend. All this would certainly leave Maura with a hell of a lot of explaining to do to everyone. And a most certain unwelcoming return home at that time. I think at this point, she panicked, left her car behind, and had the person(s) she was with help her in getting to her to where she was destined to be hanging out for the weekend. I believe then it was during this weekend excursion she decided to take her life in a new direction and start anew. I believe she could have met someone who didn't mind a change himself and was well able to support her financially and see her through some difficult times.

All this being said, I think she has no desire to ever return to her former life. And I almost feel that why should she? Can you imagine the chaos that would come of such a return? Yes, we would all be able to sleep better knowing she's ok, everyone would say how much they miss her, but after she blew out the candles of her welcome home cake, she'd have a lot of explaining to do. Where was she? Why did you leave? Why didn't you talk to anyone? Were you involved in that hit and run? And even if she was allotted some time to get comfortable, eventually we'd all be asking her to talk.

I personally believe Maura to be alive and content wherever she is.
- Mike
MR Muscle

Morristown, NJ

#2342 Oct 21, 2012
Good point Mike but I think the police would check any activity on her credit cards if she was still alive. but whether she is dead or alive I hope her family gets closure either way
Mike

Saddle Brook, NJ

#2343 Oct 21, 2012
MR Muscle wrote:
Good point Mike but I think the police would check any activity on her credit cards if she was still alive. but whether she is dead or alive I hope her family gets closure either way
But she wouldn't be using her credit cards, at least not any credit cards the police would think to check. And I believe she is with a man who is able to support her. If she does work it is probably a cash job as a waitress or something. I'm sure she also doesn't go by the name Maura Murray anymore either. I just really believe her to be alive and ran anyway on an impulse decision based on all the events leading up to that week and the crash that night.
Mike

Saddle Brook, NJ

#2344 Oct 21, 2012
I don't think the crash was staged, but was probably certainly the last and final straw that made her decide to run away for good. I believe she planned on a weekend getaway, had that weekend getaway and decided to never return to Amherst. She decided to never face the fire that was surely awaiting her back in Amherst
bubble51

United States

#2345 Apr 17, 2013
I am watching the Maura story again on Disappeared. I was hoping she would have been found by now. It is strange that she just disappeared like that. Anymore information that the show has not updated? I mean if she did run away it has been years now and surely she would have matured some and contacted someone if she is still alive...just weird.
MR Muscle

Morristown, NJ

#2346 Apr 17, 2013
bubble51 wrote:
I am watching the Maura story again on Disappeared. I was hoping she would have been found by now. It is strange that she just disappeared like that. Anymore information that the show has not updated? I mean if she did run away it has been years now and surely she would have matured some and contacted s
someone if she is still alive...just weird.
I agree. What happenned to Maura is definetely an unsolved mystery ! I hope it will be resolved when her dad is still alive so he can get some kind of closure.
backspace4me

Weare, NH

#2347 Apr 29, 2013
Lady Gray, did not find your exact post but this post which brings up the post I was referring to.
POST 2007 On the Amherst Ma. topix forum.

hannah_b wrote:
<quoted text>
Beagle, I hope you donīt perceive my post as menacing. That is certainly not my intention. And I am not trying to discredit you, hope you donīt think I am.
No problem. Sorry, "menacing" may have been too strong a word. Just as one example among many, LG once asked me to post a person's name on Topix simply because he drove a red ford pickup and worked next to an art gallery in Amherst. No can do.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2348 May 8, 2013
Someone showed BSG the damaged Saturn before it left Amherst MA. Saturn was found abandoned shortly thereafter in Haverhill NH.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2349 May 8, 2013
Alden H Olson wrote:
Someone showed BSG the damaged Saturn before it left Amherst MA. Saturn was found abandoned shortly thereafter in Haverhill NH.
Shandra

Draper, UT

#2350 Oct 13, 2013
If Maura hit Petrit Vasi and called her dad to help, there would be phone records from shortly after the accident. Also, she hit Vasi and no one noticed the damage to her car during the weekend before she disappeared?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shutesbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Leominster woman arrested at western Mass. pipe... May '17 Bruno max 1
Teddy Bear Rallies (Jun '08) Jan '17 Charmant Teddy Bears 8
seeing missing people (Apr '14) Dec '16 ubo 4
Maura Murray & Molly Bish (Mar '09) Dec '16 Rachel 19
News Mass. schools closed due to slippery floors (Sep '13) Sep '13 DC tells it like ... 15
the best website in the world! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dedra Jaiyesimi 1
News $11M fire station project back to the fore in A... (Apr '10) Nov '12 Lori Lowling 2

Shutesbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shutesbury Mortgages