Locals express phone gripes

Locals express phone gripes

There are 15 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 30, 2009, titled Locals express phone gripes. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

People from around the county expressed their dismay with their telephone service, particularly considering many of them are living in areas with limited cellular phone access.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Mad Custmore

Little Valley, NY

#1 Jun 30, 2009
I live in Becket we have virizon it stinks no service at all every time it rains we get static on old land line been there in washington,s day,s we have no cell contact no internet for a large company they really should be ashamed to charg ove 100 per custmor every month ,the land line to my house has been changed 2 times seem,s every other day we have static i have interface on my house so dont tell me its in my house its BS and you know it besides they want to charg 120 dollars for service to come out here what a shame to have public utility like them . Thanking you kindly dont expect anything to be done but worth a try .
bodybuilder

Albany, NY

#2 Jul 1, 2009
Stinking liberal dermoRATS hate all businesses anyway. They do not let build towers, put every possible roadblocks on the way of progress and after that complains for "bad" services. If you do not like what you got for communications - move to the metropolitan areas or cut off the service you do not like all together. You want to live in "wilderness" and have the same services as in Brooklyn without paying for it extra money. That is not going to happen I hope. Otherwise all of us would pay a lot for your convenience. They complain about connection with IRAQ??? Virizon fault??? They do not have even brains to understand that Virizon does not operate in Iraq, Iran and China. What kind of morons are they???
yosemite sam

Adams, MA

#3 Jul 1, 2009
bodybuilder wrote:
Stinking liberal dermoRATS hate all businesses anyway. They do not let build towers, put every possible roadblocks on the way of progress and after that complains for "bad" services. If you do not like what you got for communications - move to the metropolitan areas or cut off the service you do not like all together. You want to live in "wilderness" and have the same services as in Brooklyn without paying for it extra money. That is not going to happen I hope. Otherwise all of us would pay a lot for your convenience. They complain about connection with IRAQ??? Virizon fault??? They do not have even brains to understand that Virizon does not operate in Iraq, Iran and China. What kind of morons are they???
If it wasn't for your "rant" I would have to say I pretty much agree with you, but here's the thing: you don't have to be condescending

Since: Aug 08

Springfield, MA

#4 Jul 1, 2009
Land lines? Really? They still exist in homes?
bodybuilder

Albany, NY

#5 Jul 1, 2009
yosemite sam wrote:
<quoted text>If it wasn't for your "rant" I would have to say I pretty much agree with you, but here's the thing: you don't have to be condescending
I do not like these people destroying our lives and country very much, to put it mildly. Another thing. I am not here for popularity contest. I really do not care if people agree with me or not. Actually I am sure that at least 70%( more likely 80%) would strongly disagree, because we live in moronic communist state of assochusetts. I write it in a hope that may be few people will realize who theirs enemies are and who is ruining their lives. And may be they would realize that only businesses keeping them alive. In the communist schools and media here they got opposite ideas.
bodybuilder

Albany, NY

#6 Jul 1, 2009
Mad Custmore wrote:
I live in Becket we have virizon it stinks no service at all every time it rains we get static on old land line been there in washington,s day,s we have no cell contact no internet for a large company they really should be ashamed to charg ove 100 per custmor every month ,the land line to my house has been changed 2 times seem,s every other day we have static i have interface on my house so dont tell me its in my house its BS and you know it besides they want to charg 120 dollars for service to come out here what a shame to have public utility like them . Thanking you kindly dont expect anything to be done but worth a try .
This guy has a lot of brainpower! What a shame for humanity!
retail worker

South Hadley, MA

#7 Jul 1, 2009
I also have verizon, I just called them the other day because of the horible static I have on my line. They first told me to hang up and they would perform a test on my line, to call back in 10 minutes, when I called back they told me to go outside and plug my phone into an interface that is outside..problem one in order to plug the phone into the interface I would have to climb up a ladder to do it. ( I do not own a ladder) problem 2 is I just do not feel like doing the phone companies job I pay a lot of money for a phone line and now they want me to fix my phone line. My answer to the phone company is lower my bill and I will do my own phone repair
bodybuilder

Albany, NY

#8 Jul 1, 2009
retail worker wrote:
I also have verizon, I just called them the other day because of the horible static I have on my line. They first told me to hang up and they would perform a test on my line, to call back in 10 minutes, when I called back they told me to go outside and plug my phone into an interface that is outside..problem one in order to plug the phone into the interface I would have to climb up a ladder to do it.( I do not own a ladder) problem 2 is I just do not feel like doing the phone companies job I pay a lot of money for a phone line and now they want me to fix my phone line. My answer to the phone company is lower my bill and I will do my own phone repair
You do not have a ladder??? Own a home but do not own a ladder??? What are you professor or something? Should not have a telephine as well. It is because of such people like the charges for everything so high. I bet you voted for oBUMa. I hope they will cancel your service all together.
yoho

Cummington, MA

#9 Jul 1, 2009
bodybuilder wrote:
Dude off the ROIDS ....it is starting to effect your spelling.
also

Syracuse, NY

#10 Jul 2, 2009
What is the big deal about phone service? Once you make a connection you still can't get anyone. "Push 1 for a list of options that will give you a list of options that will give you a list of possibilities that will make you grind your teeth and then guess what? "Sorry we are closed for the day moron, you need to start calling at 8am in order to go through the head banging maze of choices"

This is not what Alexander Graham Bell had in mind. He wanted us to be able to call someone and talk to them but we have now turned a simple device into a complicated nerve wracking inefficient, ineffective tool of frustration.

Can you imagine the lost productivity all across the globe with millions of people pushing buttons and waiting for another list of choices all day long?

good god man
adams resident

Northampton, MA

#11 Jul 4, 2009
bodybuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have a ladder??? Own a home but do not own a ladder??? What are you professor or something? Should not have a telephine as well. It is because of such people like the charges for everything so high. I bet you voted for oBUMa. I hope they will cancel your service all together.
you probally should stop being a body builder and put thought into building some brain cells. Not everyone owns a ladder....and by the way who said I own my home....
PORTY

Cobleskill, NY

#12 Jul 4, 2009
bodybuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why haven't you come to challange me as wipe .I'm telling you right now you spinless low life dirtball,
TALK IS CHEAP ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS I CAN'T WAIT TO BREAK YOUR NECK.
grow up

Syracuse, NY

#13 Jul 5, 2009
PORTY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why haven't you come to challange me as wipe .I'm telling you right now you spinless low life dirtball,
TALK IS CHEAP ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS I CAN'T WAIT TO BREAK YOUR NECK.
listen you clownass's...i want the both of you to simmer down and behave yourselves. elsewise you both get a good spanking and sent to bed without your usual oatmeal cookie
Porty

Cobleskill, NY

#14 Jul 5, 2009
grow up wrote:
<quoted text>
listen you clownass's...i want the both of you to simmer down and behave yourselves. elsewise you both get a good spanking and sent to bed without your usual oatmeal cookie
I'm sorry
operator

Albany, NY

#15 Jul 6, 2009
Just hang up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shutesbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trip to Israel by Rosenberg, other senators, dr... (Nov '15) Jun 1 ubo 6
News Police: 3 men charged in burglary at UMass-Amhe... May '16 Wendy 1
Social Injustice Includes Imposing Rock and Rap... May '16 Culture Auditor 1
Maura Murray & Hadley Police (Nov '13) Mar '16 anonymouse 130
News Mass. schools closed due to slippery floors (Sep '13) Sep '13 DC tells it like ... 15
the best website in the world! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Dedra Jaiyesimi 1
News $11M fire station project back to the fore in A... (Apr '10) Nov '12 Lori Lowling 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shutesbury Mortgages