Police: Man pushed off roof in critical

Police: Man pushed off roof in critical

There are 102 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Nov 21, 2008, titled Police: Man pushed off roof in critical. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

A 29-year-old man is in critical condition at York Hospital after he was pushed off a second-story roof in Glen Rock Thursday morning, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Childhood Friend

North Vernon, IN

#25 Nov 21, 2008
So was it the alcohol or stupidity that taught you to spell "stupididity"??
Ur right

Bloomington, IN

#26 Nov 21, 2008
Scott Johnson Sr wrote:
A friend, I see your point. This is everyday! People on here posting behind screen names like they know the facts of what happened. Yeah, I might be posting now but I'm not going to bash someone that I have no clue what I'm bashing them for. Everytime there's a car accident, right away the victim was on the cellphone. People in todays sociaty are so quick to judge and they're not as smart as they think. Volunteer your time helping someone verses making a situation worse than it already is. Maybe, and I hope not, karma will be your turn and people will be posting on here bashing your kids or your parents for something that happened to them.
You're exactly right. They love that bashing bandwagon.
Raised in New Freedom

Jeannette, PA

#27 Nov 21, 2008
My heart truly goes out to both the Mistovich family (whom my family happens to know well) and the family of Eric Sajko. Being a mother myself, I cannot fathom the sadness that all parties involved must be feeling today. Just imagine the pain that BOTH of these mothers must feel today.

Instead of judgement, let us pray for them and remember that it takes only ONE mistake for any of us to be in a situation that we never thought possible.

For those few posters who are so sanctimonious to think that you would never allow yourself to be in any type of unsavory situation, be careful. There but for the grace of God, go I!!!!!!!
Morgan

New Freedom, PA

#28 Nov 21, 2008
People that make stupid remarks are idiot. you do not know this family. You do not know Zach. he is a good hearted person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. his family and himself are good people, who alway helps others before themselve. i am close to many of the mistovich's, they are my second family. dont not assume that you know the fact. this article does not have all the facts correct. and it is missing most of the story. best wishes to the Mistovich family. i love you all
Morgan

New Freedom, PA

#29 Nov 21, 2008
c3daddyo...
you are an idiot. seriously; you dont even know what you are talking about.
Morgan

New Freedom, PA

#30 Nov 21, 2008
c3daddyo wrote:
<quoted text>
We hear it all the time at how good of people they are. Well, ONE bad apple does spool the whole damn bunch. He is now spoiled, no matter how good his mom and sister are. No matter if he drinks or not, he is now a felon and he will have to live that for the rest of his life. You can't blame it all on the alcohol. I know people who get really mellow when they drink, and I know others that get extremely mean. You have to learn which you are and control yourself accordingly. This kid made the wrong choice, now he must pay the price for the rest of his life.
you are soo completely dumb. you dont know him at all. you do not have the right to make a judgment on if he is a good person on not. Like his mom and his sisters and his dad. he IS a good person. he is a great friend. great brother. so shove it.
A fan

Waynesboro, PA

#32 Nov 21, 2008
sorry this blog was to go to Micheal Vicks story
Knew Him

United States

#34 Nov 21, 2008
Zach has always been a problem. Its a shame you can't lock someone up for having an attitude problem because zach would have been in jail a long time ago and this other man would not have been injured.

Now we know for sure where thug wannabees end up.
Rascal

Camp Hill, PA

#35 Nov 21, 2008
I guess this is another instance where, some can handle their alcohol, and some cant! Oh well, he will be set loose for the holidays.
trisha takanawa

Auburn, AL

#36 Nov 21, 2008
its easy to make an opinion when you dont know the story; only what the tabloids read. there are two sides to every story and i dont know either...just saying that the way i was raised (and i do believe it was very well) is that you get all the information and form your opinion. So that being said, anyone who seems to be jumpin to conclusions and voicing their opinon, think about both sides, and realize that those people who publish their opinions usually get paid for it. so if your paycheck isnt commin from some publishing company leave your opinion out of this and do what you can, and dont make a very difficult situation worse on these families...i realize the internet is a public forum but in situations like this sometimes opinions are better kept to yourself.
trisha takanawa

Auburn, AL

#37 Nov 21, 2008
Its only a bunch of dogs.No one should do time for killing an animal.When do we get back to the top of the food chain I love deer bologna !

this is to "A FAN"

i am not a person to voice my opinion often i feel that its usually a good idea to keep it to myself. but honestly, you piss me off...anyone who can sit there and say let mike vick play needs to be put in the cage with one of his dogs. go get rescue a dog and your opinion will change, and if it doesnt, go get a stethascope cause chances are you dont have a heart.
Saints Alive

Valrico, FL

#38 Nov 21, 2008
trisha takanawa wrote:
its easy to make an opinion when you dont know the story; only what the tabloids read. there are two sides to every story and i dont know either...just saying that the way i was raised (and i do believe it was very well) is that you get all the information and form your opinion. So that being said, anyone who seems to be jumpin to conclusions and voicing their opinon, think about both sides, and realize that those people who publish their opinions usually get paid for it. so if your paycheck isnt commin from some publishing company leave your opinion out of this and do what you can, and dont make a very difficult situation worse on these families...i realize the internet is a public forum but in situations like this sometimes opinions are better kept to yourself.
Thank you for the excellent advice SAINT TAKANAWA. It is perfectly kosher for you to express YOUR bull$hit opinions, but no one else is allowed to do so. Am I reading you correctly. This is an open forum.
trisha takanawa

Auburn, AL

#39 Nov 21, 2008
Saints Alive wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the excellent advice SAINT TAKANAWA. It is perfectly kosher for you to express YOUR bull$hit opinions, but no one else is allowed to do so. Am I reading you correctly. This is an open forum.
this is an open forum... i didnt express an opinion. i just simply stated that sometimes in situations like these its better to not say what you are thinking. I could see how this would be my opinion however my point is that in situations like these keep it to yourself for the sake of the family. i see people jumping to conclusions and to be honest, i guarentee that 60% of them dont know all of the details. that is when people shouldnt voice there opinions. as for you i have no idea your connections or interest in this case but i know how hard it must be on the families and im pretty sure some of them might even read this so my point is keep your opinions to yourself... this is america and it is innocent till proven guilty - its what our country is built on. so i say let the people that spent the money on an extra three years of education that are most likely smarter than myself to sort it out.
not from york

Waynesboro, PA

#40 Nov 22, 2008
I too know the family. This is a story of a good family with misplaced ideals. Zach was allowed too much freedom, too much money and no real parental control. IF you add some alcohol and bad decisions this is what happens. It starts with setting limits and control when they are very young. If kids grow up thinking they can do what they want...certain kids make bad choices. I do feel sorry for both families. They are both hurting for their sons. I do hope the one injured makes a full recovery. And you are right..just by the grace of God.....
Jamie Grieb

Lancaster, PA

#41 Nov 22, 2008
I know Eric, and hung out with him not long before this happened. I know the residents of the house where the incident occured and I am close friends with them. Eric DID NOT DESERVE this. He is not the fighting type. I went to school with Zach, and although he is decent guy, that does not make this any different than if he wasnt. I know EXACTLY what happened that night and Zach deserves whatever punishment get gets. I pray that Eric pulls through this, and I also pray for his family. As for the Mistovich family, I am sorry as well, but we can not make excuses for his actions. He needs to take responsibily for them. Alcohol was involved im sure, but I dont care how intoxicated a person is, you still know right from wrong, and he was WRONG, very WRONG.
Wow

Marlton, NJ

#42 Nov 22, 2008
Ok, I'm not here to bash anyone and I wish all involved the best of luck. With that said, the report was that the two men were talkig about a "recovery program" and this led to the fight. You really only go to recovery for drugs or alcohol which because of this they should not of been drinking. This Mistovich person was apparently seperated from the victim 2 to 3 times. Mistovich made the choice to continue the assult. Mistovich acted like an animal and now he sits in a cage. Mistovich could of walked away and sobered up knowing he dealt this other guy an a$$ whoopin, but Mistovich chose to take it to a whole other level. Mistovich may just as well been a good quality of life citizen at one time, but not this time. He made a choice that he can not blame on anyone else but himself and must now suffer for ust like his victim. Alcohol is no excuse, but is also a choice. And while were on the subject...$500,000 bail is way to lenient.
kwisler

Dundalk, MD

#43 Nov 22, 2008
Eric Sajko is my ex-boyfriend and I'm still extremely close with his entire family. Personally I don't give a damn if they were speedballing on the roof the fact remains that this little asshole pushed a human being from a rooftop. and NO he is not okay he may not make it and for what? Eric is not a violent person and he never has been and never will be. So pardon me if i stick my midddle finger up to all you morons praising this douche bag who deserves to rot in jail and be anally violated on a daily basis
H-D Rider

Tuscaloosa, AL

#44 Nov 22, 2008
Somebody needed less alcohol and more anger management classes.

Since: Sep 08

Harrisburg, PA

#45 Nov 22, 2008
Mary S wrote:
You people have no business giving your opinions about this young man. I happen to know his mother and sister extremely well and they are a good family. Unfortunately alchohol does tend to make you do really dumb things especially young people. And no one knows the complete story. If they were both drunk it would not take much of a push to lose your balance and fall. My best wishes to the Mistovich family, you are in my prayers.
Mary, As far as giving one's opinion, it is a matter of public record and as far as First Amendment goes, it is their Constitutional Privilege to do so. But you know what they say, "Opinions_R_Like..."

c3daddyo

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#46 Nov 22, 2008
Morgan wrote:
<quoted text>
you are soo completely dumb. you dont know him at all. you do not have the right to make a judgment on if he is a good person on not. Like his mom and his sisters and his dad. he IS a good person. he is a great friend. great brother. so shove it.
Hey BITCH, PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH. You don't know me, you don't know if I am a complete idiot or not. I know I am not as dumb as you. Eat sh!t and bark at the moon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shrewsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A look at the family rescued from Taliban-linke... Oct 13 Lucky 1
News Reading & Northern Railroad... Sep '17 YouChewPoop 6
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg Aug '17 Costard 10
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) Aug '17 Gloria Lauria 29
News If your neighbor's house is falling apart, don'... (Mar '11) Aug '17 Denise Leigh 53
Review: TNJ Painting & Drywall, LLC. Jul '17 The Ashenfeltersame 1
News Glen Rock councilman resigns Jul '17 Mwood199 1

Shrewsbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shrewsbury Mortgages