Local World War II veteran receives t...

Local World War II veteran receives three medals posthumously

There are 3 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Feb 25, 2011, titled Local World War II veteran receives three medals posthumously. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Helen Hoffman, left, shows another resident of Shrewsbury Lutheran Retirement Village the medals she was presented for her husband's military service.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Packers Fan

York, PA

#1 Feb 26, 2011
It's brave and beautiful people like the Hoffman's that keep the United States of America a strong, free and proud country. Thank you.
Working in Health Care

Roxbury, PA

#2 Feb 26, 2011
Harry Hoffman, thank you for your service to our great nation. And, Mrs. Hoffman & York County Veterans Adm., thank for uncovering this story. The greatest generation did so much for America and there are so many stories not recorded.
Mike Blades

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Feb 27, 2011
Thanks for your service, Sgt. Hoffman. I'm only sorry that it took us this long to officially recognize you for the sacrifice that you had made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shrewsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg Fri He is sure gay 14
News Signs of prejudice (Aug '08) May 25 Dook29 100
News Zach Witman: 'Take a second look' (Dec '10) May 11 Concerned Parent 545
neighbors house needs saved (Oct '16) Apr '17 Fitus T Bluster 2
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) Apr '17 Jess 22
News Protesters aim to stop planned Mifflin House demo Feb '17 Steve Gratman 4
News Dodging Delaware's tolls? Don't forget the road... (Nov '07) Dec '16 lollipop 14

Shrewsbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shrewsbury Mortgages