Zach Witman: 'Take a second look'

Zach Witman: 'Take a second look'

There are 545 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Dec 19, 2010, titled Zach Witman: 'Take a second look'. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Ron and Sue Witman say they would exhume their son Gregory's body if it would help prove their other son, Zachary, was not the person who stabbed Gregory to death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

First Prev
of 28
Next Last
Reese

New Freedom, PA

#584 Aug 25, 2016
Give it a rest
jerri Zimmerman

Clarion, PA

#585 Oct 9, 2016
shoodo wrote:
I don't think he did it
I agree...I believe he is innocent
jerri Zimmerman

Clarion, PA

#586 Oct 9, 2016
Dwitman_no_relation wrote:
I am reading this and about this for the first time and I keep reading how blood splatter on Zach's sweatshirt and his bloody socks make him guilty.??? There is documentation from the 911 call that states that dispatch had asked Zach to turn his brother over to see if he was still breathing. Zach refused that request twice before doing what he was told. Given the extent of the injuries on Greg, how much blood was already lost, did anyone stop to think that blood might have splattered on his sweatshirt when he turned his brother over? Is it possible that Greg was still bleeding out and bled on Zach? As for who went in and out of the house... The guilty verdict comes from everyone hearing about or reading about how those bloody footprints were supposedly found. I do not remember reading that the investigators picked that up with a naked eye. The substance used to detect blood also detects other chemicals and since it was out to a "hot tub" and back to the house, wouldn't the chemicals from the hot tub show up? And wouldn't that be the entrance the family would use to re enter the house? I honestly do not know how this child was convicted of killing his brother. Another person said "he might have had a psychotic breakdown" and "just look at him in his picture". This is not fair to say. Zach was never diagnosed with any type of behavior disorder. And how do you think you would look after spending 15 of your young years in a State Correctional facility for a crime you did not commit, let alone the conviction of murder on your own younger brother. It is also possible that Zach did not hear anything because he had the audio on his computer, if he was even on it during that time and not asleep. Could have been listening to music on it to fall asleep if he wasn't feeling well. That would explain why he didn't hear the phone ring the first time. Wakes up to the sound of the phone, turns his audio down or even off, answers the phone but doesn't hear anything until he hangs up. Because now, the house is silent except for the struggle. Someone may have been in the house not knowing Zach was upstairs.
I am no relation to this family.
Thank you..you made some excellent points
jerri Zimmerman

Clarion, PA

#587 Oct 9, 2016
john doe 000069 wrote:
Zach Witman was railroaded from the begining. How many times will the law get away with the abuse of their offices. The high school principal Jay Smith was handed 3 death sentances before being released from prison. Ray Crone was on death row in Arazona before he was released. How many people are in prison for crimes they didn't commit because of the egos of the da's. How much is it going to cost taxpayers when Mr. Witman is finally released and he sues the crap out of Pa?
Police department did poor evidence collecting
Concerned Parent

Oklahoma City, OK

#588 May 11, 2017
ENOUGH is ENOUGH wrote:
<quoted text>

"john doe 000069"
Nice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shrewsbury Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: TNJ Painting & Drywall, LLC. Jul 26 The Ashenfeltersame 1
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) Jul 24 barbs 27
News Glen Rock councilman resigns Jul '17 Mwood199 1
Review: Gordon's Body Shop Inc (Dec '10) Jul '17 HLG 25
News Red Lion family makes most of dog's last days Jun '17 Justellnthetruth 1
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg May '17 He is sure gay 9
News Signs of prejudice (Aug '08) May '17 Dook29 100

Shrewsbury Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance