Zach Witman: 'Take a second look'

Full story: The York Daily Record

Ron and Sue Witman say they would exhume their son Gregory's body if it would help prove their other son, Zachary, was not the person who stabbed Gregory to death.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of541
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Susbie

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

OMG, are the Witmans and their denial issues ever going to go away. Get some help for your denial issues---never underestimate the power of denial.
xray

Stewartstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

It is easy to understand the parents pain, and no one denies them that right.This story is very sad and this should never happen to anyone,but if Zach did not kill his brother, who did? I have also noticed that there have not been any similar killings in the area since this tragic event.Zach has been proven guilty, by law.
shoodo

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

I don't think he did it
Amanda

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

How are the parents still living in that house??
bobbi

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

On e important fact not in the article is what about all the other incriminating evidence pointing to the fact that the brother DID IT!!! I understand parents standing by their kids but ENOUGH, he did it and they know he did it !
Interesting

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

After reading the article, and self-admittedly thinking his brother did kill him without question initially, the time lines prove to be evidence enough to "consider" maybe he really didn't. The suspicious hanging up the phone before he got home, to the calm phone call after the murder. The carrying of Greg over the gate is also a very valid point since no 90lbs kid could lift a totally bloody 65lbs BODY over a gate without smearing it somewhere. These are valid points and more people should open their minds to this being a random act by another sick person that isn't Zach. The courts should hear this out, and I think new/old investigators could be brought in to rework the scene better.
Tom

Etters, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

This whole thing has been a flustercluck since day 1
john doe 000069

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Zach Witman was railroaded from the begining. How many times will the law get away with the abuse of their offices. The high school principal Jay Smith was handed 3 death sentances before being released from prison. Ray Crone was on death row in Arazona before he was released. How many people are in prison for crimes they didn't commit because of the egos of the da's. How much is it going to cost taxpayers when Mr. Witman is finally released and he sues the crap out of Pa?
CRAZY

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

All murderers want to get out of prison. Keep this sicko where he belongs, in prison for life for taking his brother's life!!!
smf9973

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

I just want to say that I hope the best for all of you! I agree our justice system is blind. The people that are doing the investigations this that are just out to convict someone and make a name for themselves. I have been put into a situation myself that that is all they wanted! Best of wishes for you and family!
smf9973

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

I will say I do not know all the evidence in the case. I am just saying that I think why not grant a new trial see what happens then it can be put to rest!
DELLUSIONAL

Reading, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

The kid even hid his bloody gloves in the yard by a tree. And you can see the devil in his eyes!!
sad

Dubuque, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

It's an absolute shame that our justice system allows this abuse. Let him rot in jail. Zach along with the parents never gave a crap for the victim. Will this ever stop and will the taxpayers money ever stop being thrown down the toilet. Heres a thought...If found guilty again, Mr and Mrs Witman pay the state of PA all of the money that was spent over the years.
Darwin is my Zero

New Freedom, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

He's a freak. Leave him in the whole. I'm sick of this story and sick of the stain its left on New Freedom. Bury it and Whitman.
rhd

Jarrettsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

A random killer would not stop in the backyard to bury evidence. And a random killer would have done something else, like rob the house. I highly doubt there has been a killer lurking around New Freedom for the last 12 years. I'm so sorry for the Witman's pain, and I cannot say what I'd do in that situation but I hope I would be strong enough to accept the facts as they are. Mr. & Mrs. Witman, I hope whatever happens next, God grants you peace in some way.
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

They should ship the whole family out of this country forever. They have wasted enough of our time and money.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

smf9973 wrote:
I will say I do not know all the evidence in the case. I am just saying that I think why not grant a new trial see what happens then it can be put to rest!
There is NO grounds for a new trial. Every appeal they filed as been denied because there was no grounds for a new trial and no new evidence to support a new trial being granted.
Richard

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

Regardless of some of these idiots above, this is an excellent piece of journalism. Great job YDR.
john doe 000069

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

John wrote:
They should ship the whole family out of this country forever. They have wasted enough of our time and money.
They should ship you out of this country. You think they have spent a lot of money now? Just wait until he gets let out of prison and sues the crap out of Pa. Not to mention the fact that tihe liar pigs said Greg's head was almost cut off. How? Did you see the small knives they have logged in as evidence? If you can believe the liar pigs.
Rick Tracy

York, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2010

Judged:

I'd love to believe Zacharytman didn't kill his brother, but there is not one mention of any evidence linking anyone else to the crime but Zachary Witman. Never was, never will be.

Just farfetched sightings of white vans and the assertion that Zach Witman spoke normally during the 911 call. Also, the statement that Zachary Witmman loved his brother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of541
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shrewsbury Discussions

Search the Shrewsbury Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 31 min PA Dem 51,113
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Jul 9 Go Blue Forever 3,744
Child safety seat check in Hanover May '14 Just a thought 1
Seiling Furniture Co. Railroad, Pa (Aug '10) May '14 Elizabeth Maring 20
Old brick building near rail trail in Railroad Apr '14 Mike 1
Quarter auctions' illegality takes people by su... (Dec '10) Apr '14 connie 9
Potholes to be patched throughout York County t... (Feb '11) Mar '14 John riedel 3
•••

Air Quality Alert for York County was issued at July 11 at 3:30PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Shrewsbury Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Shrewsbury Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000