First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Lisa L

Bossier City, LA

#41 Aug 24, 2012
Off the Vine Produce ( www.offthevine.org ) is a company in town that will deliver 'USDA Certified' organic produce to your house or they have pick up locations around town that you can pick up from. There boxes are great and priced very reasonable for the amount of produce you get. They have a mixed box with fruits and veges or just a fruit box...think they are going to be offering a juicing box soon also. They let you know on Fridays what they will have for the upcoming week and if I want the box you just place your order. I really like it better than when I was in a CSA because when I was out of town several times this summer, I didn't have to worry about what I was going to do with the produce or have to pay for something I was going to get... just didn't place my order on those weeks! And, as for Raven E... I agree with you that we should grow our own as much as possible, but in our area this is not always possible and a service like this offers a better variety and keeps us going in the winter. We get most of our meat from a local farm in E. Texas and my husband hunts to fill our freezer when he can!
Lisa L

Bossier City, LA

#42 Aug 24, 2012
Also, there is a Whole Foods in Little Rock, Ark that I visit occasionally and will stock up on non perishable items like grains, skin care products, etc.
Tkwood

Benton, LA

#43 Sep 10, 2012
I wish soooooo badly we had a whole foods here!!!! But I don't see Shreveport having the quality of workers to run a store that has to be clean and Healthy. You have to have people that actually take pride in their bodies, their lifestyles and their jobs to manage a healthy environment. Same for PF Changs and any other nice chain! Shreveport ruins everything!
SGB

Shreveport, LA

#44 Sep 13, 2012
We desperately need a Whole Foods Market or Trader Joes in Shreveport, LA. Together with the population of Bossier City, there certainly would be enough people who would overwhelmingly support either store.
Sarah

Clarks Summit, PA

#45 Oct 5, 2012
There is a local COOP that sells all organic produce, and even locally organic when available. It's called Shreveport Organics ( www.shreveportorganics.com ). I've been so happy with it!
Renee

West Monroe, LA

#46 Feb 12, 2013
Well, I was googling whether or not Shreveport has a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods...but I see you do not have one, either. I was going to make the drive over from Monroe this weekend if you did. Don't feel bad...we have nothing around here, either. It's very disappointing.
Andy

Shreveport, LA

#47 Mar 9, 2013
Hey Mamabird, 2 years later and look what Shreveport has... a Panera Bread.... Now instead of complaining, why don't you do something and bring a Whole Foods here lol
Want Whole Foods Market i

Shreveport, LA

#48 May 4, 2013
opaleeze wrote:
Why, oh why don't we have any quality grocery stores with organic produce and meats?
My neighbor was at a conference and met a marketing exec for Whole Foods (based in Austin) who told her (because she asked) that Shreveport was on the long list to get a store, but that it wasn't considered a very health-conscious city. I guess they assume there wouldn't be the interest here and I'm sure they do enough market research to back that up.
Is there anyone else out there who would really love to have a Whole Foods or Fresh Market or Trader Joe's here in Shreveport? I have lived in smaller cities than this that had nice places to shop-why not here?
I wonder if we can start a letter-writing campaign to get one of these chains to come to Shreveport?
There are more health conscious people in Shreveport than you'd think and I for one would love a Whole Foods Market!! We go to the one in Dallas and to Central Market. When we can't get there we go to Sunshine Healthfood Market in Shreveport.
a person

Shreveport, LA

#49 May 22, 2013
@quicksilver u picked up that organic herb eh?
nikki_molotov

Houston, TX

#50 Jun 7, 2013
Go to the site under forums at the bottom and suggest a store also look around and see of any city unused building meet their guidlines for setting up and wrire your city officials. I work at the new orleans sotre and the ceo talked of scouting a location but said its always a yes if the city offers a building to bring them to the area.
PAULA

Shreveport, LA

#51 Aug 26, 2013
I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE INTERESED IN SEEING A TRADER JOE'S COME TO SHREVEPORT TO GO ONTO THE TRADER JOE'S WEBSITE, SELECT CONTACT US AND SEND AN EMAIL SHARING HOW MUCH A TRADER JOES IS NEEDED IN SHREVEPORT. I JUST MOVED HERE FROM SOUTHERN CA AND CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH I AM MISSING THIS HEALTHY, ECONOMICAL AND INTERESTING GROCERY STORE.
demographics

Murrieta, CA

#52 Jul 9, 2014
Too high a percentage of black peeps in Shreveport or Baton Rouge! They don't shop at these stores. Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shreveport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Louisiana... (Oct '10) 1 hr ailedomt 3,340
As we enter the 2014 Election Cycle.... A Messa... 2 hr MyBestFriend IsADog 2
Hixon Auto-Plex....What is going on?? 7 hr itzasecret 4
Bring Dave and Busters To Shreveport/Bossier CIty! (Apr '13) 8 hr itzasecret 13
krystal hernandez 8 hr itzasecret 1
Rand Alford - Sleeps with Louisiana Sep 15 MONDO 1
Natchitoches police, FBI investigate bank robbe... Sep 13 NCUA 10
•••
•••
•••

Shreveport Jobs

•••
•••