Martin's is Now Open in Richmond - wtvr

Martin's is Now Open in Richmond - wtvr

There are 16 comments on the WTVR story from Apr 12, 2010, titled Martin's is Now Open in Richmond - wtvr. In it, WTVR reports that:

Some curious shoppers make their way into Martin's. The Short Pump location is one of four former Ukrop's stores now re-opening under a new name.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR.

VAboi76

Richmond, VA

#1 Apr 12, 2010
Did you get an intern to write this or something? It's so full of typing mistakes I could hardly understand it. And where were these two stores you compared? In the same neighborhood? Or was one in a wealthier town?

I want the 5 minutes of my life back I spent reading this.
Give Me a Break

Mechanicsville, VA

#2 Apr 12, 2010
I am glad UKROPS is gone. They were getting stale. The quality was going down as well
very sad shopper

Petersburg, VA

#3 Apr 13, 2010
I can go to wal-mart and kroger and get things for less , all the time. Lets see the prices after 6 months and 1 year.
chris

Midlothian, VA

#4 Apr 13, 2010
get a life you losers.You know your wife needs a hobby when shes on the news crying about losing a grocery store.Man,thats gotta be a fun relationship.
Sonny

Richmond, VA

#5 Apr 13, 2010
WOW They said over a week ago that thse remodled store would re open this past Monday!!

I hope they out sell old urkops.
Chris

Williamsburg, VA

#6 Apr 13, 2010
go to walmart then. we don't want you as a customer if all your going to do is come in to the store and complain about a few items higher prices.

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

#7 Apr 13, 2010
very sad shopper wrote:
I can go to wal-mart and kroger and get things for less , all the time. Lets see the prices after 6 months and 1 year.
Feel free to shop a Wally world. They do not have the quality, selection and definately not the customer service of Ukrops/Martin's.

Nobody will miss you. I prefer to shop where my shoes do NOT stick to the floor.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#8 Apr 13, 2010
VAboi76 wrote:
Did you get an intern to write this or something? It's so full of typing mistakes I could hardly understand it. And where were these two stores you compared? In the same neighborhood? Or was one in a wealthier town?
I want the 5 minutes of my life back I spent reading this.
Who cares, get your nose out of the air you snob.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#9 Apr 13, 2010
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to shop a Wally world. They do not have the quality, selection and definately not the customer service of Ukrops/Martin's.
Nobody will miss you. I prefer to shop where my shoes do NOT stick to the floor.
Its not your shoes that stick to the floor, its your muddled brain.

Midlothian, VA

#10 Apr 13, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not your shoes that stick to the floor, its your muddled brain.
No nothead, it is my shoes. Wally world is almost as bad as Food Lion, your favorite place to shoplift your supper.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#11 Apr 13, 2010
va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
No nothead, it is my shoes. Wally world is almost as bad as Food Lion, your favorite place to shoplift your supper.
If you stand in one place all the time as a greeter, yeah you will get sticky shoes.

Midlothian, VA

#12 Apr 13, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
If you stand in one place all the time as a greeter, yeah you will get sticky shoes.
Well then don't stand in one place if you ever pass the background investigation nothead.

But I doubt Wally World will drop their standards low enough to hire you.
Chris

Williamsburg, VA

#13 Apr 13, 2010
why has this become a pissing match? it really doesn't matter much. its better for a company to sell than it is to go bankrupt and thousands of employees such as myself find themselves without work. i don't think the renovations are done yet either.
yUckrops

Mechanicsville, VA

#14 Apr 18, 2010
Ukrops was just getting stale and old. I went to the short pump store and did not see much of a difference except they are selling more Boars Head than before. They changed a few sings and the color of the grocery baskets-big whoopy deal. It is still Ukrops with the dried out chicken wings that sat in a holding cabinet for 5 hours. It is still the same only Ukrops with stale paninis and overpriced cold prepared foods. Martins changed very little.
ProudFamily

New York, NY

#15 Apr 21, 2010
Walmart is de only place wheres our peoples can shop and not be treated likes second class citizens by confederate racists! Martins seems to be just likes the U! Our people need to nots shops at the Martin whites only store. Power to de People!

Midlothian, VA

#16 Apr 21, 2010
ProudFamily wrote:
Walmart is de only place wheres our peoples can shop and not be treated likes second class citizens by confederate racists! Martins seems to be just likes the U! Our people need to nots shops at the Martin whites only store. Power to de People!
Troll alert

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Short Pump Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dangers of Autism in Children through GMO Foods 8 hr Concerned Citizen 1
white power 14 hr Black Lives Suck 1
Whitney Bsharah 22 hr Truthisthetruth 1
important information on voter fraud and bill c... Mon Concerned Citizen 1
Bernie Sanders/Never Hillary Aug 20 nco 1
Democrats are liars Aug 18 VN Vet 21
Description of The Real Obama Aug 18 VN Vet 13

Short Pump Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance