Should people frequent businesses that employ illegal immagrants?

Posted in the Shorewood Forum

united we stand

Justice, IL

#1 Mar 14, 2011
What are your thoughts on business that hire illegal immigrants? During these hard times Americans need jobs. When business hire illegals they usually pay cash, providing no taxes. This further hurts us as a whole. No more of this mentality that Americans wouldn't do these jobs. Feel free to post your thoughts and places.
A Taxpayer

United States

#2 Mar 14, 2011
Im sick and tired of all these illegals taking our jobs and not paying TAXES!!! I think they should go take a hike. Americans are suffering as it is. With America having some millions of illegals here is going to get worse especially the economy, jobs, and pretty much everything else. Illegal immigrants are the ISSUE!!! Get them out of here- us taxpayers are paying for them. God Bless America.
legal

Wilmington, IL

#3 Mar 14, 2011
God Bless America and all workers and those looking for work.
Not everyone who is Mexican and has a job is illegal. I recall a business over in New Lenox ( no longer there) who years ago used to get complained about for having illegals. I was friends with the owner and asked him about this and he said he never hired illegals because he could get all the LEGAL mexican workers he needed who worked for minimum wage. This still happens. Why would any company hire someone illegal when they can get legal workers?
It probley happens in very small companies or in migrant worker sitations ( vegetable/ fruit pickers) but I highly doubt any larger legal company would risk it.
Here is another thought the above mentioned man told me. Lets say I hire a fellow and I think hes legal, but he has fake documents and isnt. I take out his with holding and SS taxes and that is paid into the governmnet just like you and I have done to our pay. At the end of the year, that illegal fellow doesnt file taxes and that money as a tax refund isnt claimed. Our government just made some easy money. Millions of dollars!
Our countries problems are much bigger than some Mexican taking a job. I doubt you or anyone else wants to wash dishes or be a maid for a lifetime!
100 years ago it was the Irish and the other ethnic groups taking those low paying jobs that the Americans didnt want when they immigrated to this country.
Unless you are American Indian, we all decended from immigrants, many who were not legal.....
united we stand

Justice, IL

#4 Mar 14, 2011
There are several businesses that will hire illegals exclusively so they can evade taxes themselves.
legal

Wilmington, IL

#5 Mar 14, 2011
explain how they evade taxes?
They would have to be in a 100% cash only business...and have a lot of balls to do something that stupid and face prison time....
united we stand

Justice, IL

#6 Mar 14, 2011
If the employer hires knowing very well that the employee is illegal and pays cash they are evading and aiding in evasion.
united we stand

Justice, IL

#7 Mar 14, 2011
Do you really think owners and employers don't know?
legal

Wilmington, IL

#8 Mar 14, 2011
united we stand wrote:
If the employer hires knowing very well that the employee is illegal and pays cash they are evading and aiding in evasion.
I agree completely! But counterfiters have done a very good job in faking everything needed in fooling an employeer that a person is legal when they are not.
Any time a person is hired, white, black pink or purple they have to show documentation that they are who they say they are and they are a citizen who can legally work here. Its not the employeers fault they are scammed by someone who obtains forged documents.
This si how the US Government gets the monies paid in by those illegals with fake documents....
by the way...go to countries like England ect who dont have the Mexican labor force picking their crops and see what they pay for food. you think gas is high??!!! Its unreal food costs in Europe.
united we stand

Justice, IL

#9 Mar 15, 2011
Agreed, the small amount of illegals using fake documents can fool employers. I am not speaking of field workers. I am speaking of places people frequent for entertainment, such as restaurants. Many of the local establishments hire illegals. It seams as if legal are not wanted, let's look at kitchen staffs. If the owners wanted to hire "legal" and willing to work for minimums they would take advantage of the cooking school graduates from just down the road. AND it seams as if the more business an owner owns, the more they hire illegals to do jobs that MANY tax paying, law abiding, out of work people would do. The fact is, owners and management hire illegals, pay them unfair cash wages that are not taxed, maximize there profits and cheat the rest of us. This needs to stop.
watching u

Swampscott, MA

#10 Mar 25, 2011
I say take them down. ALL of the people knowingly hiring illegals should be prosecuted to the fullest extent! This is ILLEGAL and EVASION!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shorewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's Here 7 min CC Ryder 1
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 8 min WHAT UP 6,995
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min mahz 50,027
Sizzles 1 hr Beaver Cleaver 16
Romeoville teen severely injured by security rope 8 hr Kmh5754 4
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Mon Spermcount1 4,050
Review: Herrada Accounting (Feb '13) Mon Rudegirl 15

Shorewood Jobs

Shorewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Shorewood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Shorewood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]