Police blotter for Southwest Weekly c...

Police blotter for Southwest Weekly communities

There are 6 comments on the 301 Moved Permanently story from Feb 6, 2011, titled Police blotter for Southwest Weekly communities. In it, 301 Moved Permanently reports that:

Rodolfo Vasques: 27, of Lockport, was arrested and charged with driving while license revoked, disobeying a red light and no insurance Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 301 Moved Permanently.

Robin

Joliet, IL

#1 Feb 12, 2011
Well the police need to arrest the people out there that are not legal to drive. If he doesnt have a license than dont get behind the wheel. People like that have accidents and have no way of paying for the other veichle. So I dont feel sorry for him at all. SORRY
Cassie

Melrose Park, IL

#2 Feb 13, 2011
Robin wrote:
Well the police need to arrest the people out there that are not legal to drive. If he doesnt have a license than dont get behind the wheel. People like that have accidents and have no way of paying for the other veichle. So I dont feel sorry for him at all. SORRY
Um dud! So how is the cop going to prevent this ahead of time? Thty can't just pull him over unless they have legal cause. Do you think the cops have xray vision and can see if he has a license? Next time think before you make a fool of yourself!!
Pam in Minooka

Orland Park, IL

#3 Feb 15, 2011
Robin I totally agree with you. Police should arrest those who are not legal to drive. Unfortunately, not all drivers who are stopped are arrested. When I look in the paper and see ridiculous Grundy country fines, i.e.,$150.00 fine for DUI,$200 for DUI, no license, uninsured vehicle, etc., it makes me so mad. In Cook County, one DUI can get you fines in excess of $1,000.00. People know they will geta slap on the wrist, so they don't really care. I also think that if a cop stops an illegal alien, said alien should be arrested and taken straight to immigration for deportation - no exceptions! Just saying....
Robin

Joliet, IL

#4 Feb 15, 2011
Yes I do agree with you pam the illegals need to go rite where thay came from. That is why the economy is like it is. They work for nothing and here we are in our own country and dont have good jobs because of them. Like this guy that got stopped you see his name? LOL He is probably one of them. But yes he deserves a big fine and hopefully they check and see if he is legal or not. If not they need to start shipping them right back.
Pam in Minooka wrote:
Robin I totally agree with you. Police should arrest those who are not legal to drive. Unfortunately, not all drivers who are stopped are arrested. When I look in the paper and see ridiculous Grundy country fines, i.e.,$150.00 fine for DUI,$200 for DUI, no license, uninsured vehicle, etc., it makes me so mad. In Cook County, one DUI can get you fines in excess of $1,000.00. People know they will geta slap on the wrist, so they don't really care. I also think that if a cop stops an illegal alien, said alien should be arrested and taken straight to immigration for deportation - no exceptions! Just saying....
Robin

Joliet, IL

#5 Feb 15, 2011
Well you need to think before you write anything. The police stopped him because of a taillight. So they dont need xray vision to see that.
Cassie wrote:
<quoted text>
Um dud! So how is the cop going to prevent this ahead of time? Thty can't just pull him over unless they have legal cause. Do you think the cops have xray vision and can see if he has a license? Next time think before you make a fool of yourself!!
Pam in Minooka

Orland Park, IL

#6 Feb 15, 2011
Right on Robin! Unfortuntely, the liberals and people who argue that police will violate the illegals' "civil rights," if they check immigration status have the upper hand right now. Sometimes I think that our politicians are on the side of the illegals and not on middle class americans who bear the burden of all the extra billions spent on anchor babies who are elligible for link, free healthcare, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shorewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Support Mayor Steve! 2 hr Robert Thomas 33
Local Politics Do you approve of Ray Soliman as Mayor? (Jan '15) 3 hr pete 108
News Coal City puts home rule on the ballot 3 hr Coal city TAX Payer 7
Council disregards popular opinion 19 hr DOHnut 72
For every Joey sign in town, there's 20 Streit ... 22 hr LockportIsAJoke 18
STEVE STREIT is who will bring LOCKPORT to succ... 22 hr LockportIsAJoke 5
Ballich triumphed at council meeting (Apr '16) Wed ElectJoey4Mayor 56

Shorewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance