Watch the City Council Meeting
Just Say No

Plano, TX

#21 Jun 8, 2011
Pete C wrote:
Now that we have established that all of Lockport Topix is me (Pete) and you, what would you do to improve Lockport?
You have made it clear that those on the council who are for things like hiring McCasland, Robinson Engineering, and dismanteling the H&A Commission (Turner, Van Dyke, Fentriss, Maryonowski, and Kelley) are idiots, and those who are against such things as hiring McCasland, Robinson Engineering, and dismanteling the H&A Commission are idiots (Pete - sorry, myself, Smith, Perretta, and Trivedi.
I'm very interested in what an enlightened, civic scholar from River Forest such as yourself would do to turn Lockport around?
I'm not in office and not running for office. What I would do is vote for qualified candidates to fill these positions to evaluate all alternatives rather than passing on more costs and more taxes to the residents.
Pete C

Lemont, IL

#22 Jun 8, 2011
Just Say No wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not in office and not running for office. What I would do is vote for qualified candidates to fill these positions to evaluate all alternatives rather than passing on more costs and more taxes to the residents.
So you are an armchair quarter back with no ideas. Fine.
What is a qualified candidate to you?
Pete C2

Chicago, IL

#23 Jun 8, 2011
Well, four hours has passed and no response to that one....I think you (pete c)finally threw him for a loop....or could it be that he is off preparing for his meeting tonight? or maybe behind his house setting a bunch of kittens on fire.
Just Say No

Lemont, IL

#24 Jun 8, 2011
Pete C wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are an armchair quarter back with no ideas. Fine.
What is a qualified candidate to you?
A qualified candidate would be one that represents their constituents wishes. I do not believe that the 1st ward voters want to pay more in taxes, do you?
Just Say No

Lemont, IL

#25 Jun 8, 2011
Pete C2 wrote:
Well, four hours has passed and no response to that one....I think you (pete c)finally threw him for a loop....or could it be that he is off preparing for his meeting tonight? or maybe behind his house setting a bunch of kittens on fire.
Sorry for the four hour delay, you must have missed me, but when work calls, I answer. Maybe we can trade cell #'s so we can text when you need my response quickly.
William aka Pete C

Lemont, IL

#26 Jun 8, 2011
Just Say No wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry for the four hour delay, you must have missed me, but when work calls, I answer. Maybe we can trade cell #'s so we can text when you need my response quickly.
No complaints here.
This email may seemed rushed because I am obviously writting it while I am sitting at the City Council meeting.

Look, JSN, with all respect, there is more to representation than poll taking. If the qualifications are just to do what the voters want, then my mom can be an alderman (though I don't recommend it). All she needs to do is take a poll and then go vote at council.

The truth is, sometimes infrastructure needs to be fixed. How else could they have fixed a problem that has been allowed to fall apart for 30 years? You're right. no one likes their taxes raised and no one would have stood for a higher rate 15 years ago to put money aside for future repairs. Eventually though, everything falls apart and it has to be addressed.
BRENT

Lemont, IL

#27 Jun 8, 2011
This will really throw him for a loop. If I were Pete I would be at the meeting right? I am not Pete. I am posting from my own computer and I do not answer to anyone. Got it Kelly
Just Say No

Lemont, IL

#28 Jun 8, 2011
William aka Pete C wrote:
<quoted text>
No complaints here.
This email may seemed rushed because I am obviously writting it while I am sitting at the City Council meeting.
Look, JSN, with all respect, there is more to representation than poll taking. If the qualifications are just to do what the voters want, then my mom can be an alderman (though I don't recommend it). All she needs to do is take a poll and then go vote at council.
The truth is, sometimes infrastructure needs to be fixed. How else could they have fixed a problem that has been allowed to fall apart for 30 years? You're right. no one likes their taxes raised and no one would have stood for a higher rate 15 years ago to put money aside for future repairs. Eventually though, everything falls apart and it has to be addressed.
I do appreciate the civil response. I agree the infrastructure needs to be fixed, but it was another underhanded move by the council. Either approve a sales tax rate hike or we will raise the surcharge on all of your utility bills. That doesn't sit well with me. Also, polls are not needed. Door to door surveys are not needed. A good representative should always be aware of their constituents desire. If you were to take a ward 1 poll right now, what percentage do you think would have been in favor of the "We'll get our money one way or the other plan". We will probably differ in the response, but I would bet a significant majority would have asked for another alternative, which, I admit, I don't know what that is, but to have it put to us with no option other than to pay regardless of which revenue stream was chosen, was a disservice to the taxpayer. And, yes, I am in favor of another study, but I'll agree that it should not be by Turner's choice of engineering firms. And I'm not typing from the council meeting.
Pete C

Lemont, IL

#29 Jun 8, 2011
Just Say No wrote:
<quoted text>
I do appreciate the civil response. I agree the infrastructure needs to be fixed, but it was another underhanded move by the council. Either approve a sales tax rate hike or we will raise the surcharge on all of your utility bills. That doesn't sit well with me. Also, polls are not needed. Door to door surveys are not needed. A good representative should always be aware of their constituents desire. If you were to take a ward 1 poll right now, what percentage do you think would have been in favor of the "We'll get our money one way or the other plan". We will probably differ in the response, but I would bet a significant majority would have asked for another alternative, which, I admit, I don't know what that is, but to have it put to us with no option other than to pay regardless of which revenue stream was chosen, was a disservice to the taxpayer. And, yes, I am in favor of another study, but I'll agree that it should not be by Turner's choice of engineering firms. And I'm not typing from the council meeting.
I trust the people that are there now, the engineering dept. have always been honest and why in the world another study, it is going to turn out Robinson's way that is for sure. I do not like the smell of this at all. It reaks. I am totally turned off by the whole situation. I think we are being taken over and going down the sewer. I am sorry but this is my opinion and I know lots of people who think like that too. This is a Kelly Turner moment and you are right, NOT ROBINSON ENGINEERING IF IT HAS TO BE DONE, NOT THEM, TURNER'S FRIEND. IT IS A ROTTEN IDEA AND A SET UP.
Lockport local

Lockport, IL

#30 Jun 10, 2011
Pete C wrote:
<quoted text> I trust the people that are there now, the engineering dept. have always been honest and why in the world another study, it is going to turn out Robinson's way that is for sure. I do not like the smell of this at all. It reaks. I am totally turned off by the whole situation. I think we are being taken over and going down the sewer. I am sorry but this is my opinion and I know lots of people who think like that too. This is a Kelly Turner moment and you are right, NOT ROBINSON ENGINEERING IF IT HAS TO BE DONE, NOT THEM, TURNER'S FRIEND. IT IS A ROTTEN IDEA AND A SET UP.
Sounds like the "Chicago Speak" "Uh, who sent you".
More Money Wasted

Lemont, IL

#31 Nov 20, 2012
Wow tonight's meeting was great! Justin Fentress drags himself off his couch in Normal Illinois, drives 2 and a half hours to go to the meeting, screams and yells one more time and gives Robinson Engineering another $250K of taxpayer dollars before crawling back under his rock.

And then Turner gets his pants pulled down on the piece of garbage mailer that was full of lies and that he sent out last week.

And for the finale, Marynowski actually thought the digital announcement signs that are at the entrance of the city advertising city sticker sales were used to track the speeds of passing cars. What an absolute ditz!

It was fun laughing at them!
Hysterical

Lemont, IL

#33 Nov 21, 2012
That meeting summed up all that this city has had to endure since these clowns took control. I spoke to a business owner who was there and he said he's never seen such idiots in all the boards he's presented in front of like Turner, VanDyke, Fentress, Tom Kelly and Marynowski. He especially liked the time when VanDyke tried to make a point and Collerelli totally turned his argument against him!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#34 Nov 22, 2012
Did anyone expect anything less from this bunch of lapdogs. Did the COWARD even make his resignation final, or does Robinson need more money for another useless study so he will make a guess apppearance for a majority vote again. The man has no morals, just like the rest of the lapdogs and HEAD COWARD. Its okay, time will tell. Enough said, everyone enjoy the holidays, for next year the truth will begin to come out for all to hear and make their own decisions come election time. I don't believe all the smoke machines in the world will cover the HEAD COWARD and lapdogs actions.
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#35 Nov 22, 2012
All Dev has to do is veto the latest Robinson giveaway. Then Robinson doesn't get the money. Turner doesn't have the votes to over ride the veto. End of Robinson.

Now all we can hope for is that the appointment to Fentress' seat isn't a Turner hack.
Chumbalone

Sacramento, CA

#36 Nov 26, 2012
Lockport wrote:
All Dev has to do is veto the latest Robinson giveaway. Then Robinson doesn't get the money. Turner doesn't have the votes to over ride the veto. End of Robinson.
Now all we can hope for is that the appointment to Fentress' seat isn't a Turner hack.
Would a Collarelli or Trivedi "hack" be better ?? But...I guess if it's a hack YOU approve of...it's OK ??? Gimme a break....a political brown nose is just that...a political brown nose. But if they agree with YOU...it's fine !!! All that malarkey about "honesty...transparency.. ." missing is only true for THIS group...but not with the Trivedi "lapdogs" ! Watch for the "new" lapdog that Trivedi will appoint...then we will see who the "real" hack is !
Super 77

Lemont, IL

#37 Nov 26, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Would a Collarelli or Trivedi "hack" be better ?? But...I guess if it's a hack YOU approve of...it's OK ??? Gimme a break....a political brown nose is just that...a political brown nose. But if they agree with YOU...it's fine !!! All that malarkey about "honesty...transparency.. ." missing is only true for THIS group...but not with the Trivedi "lapdogs" ! Watch for the "new" lapdog that Trivedi will appoint...then we will see who the "real" hack is !
Do you expect Dev to pull a name out of a hat to replace Justin? He could appoint Jesus and there will be people who will accuse him of appointing a hack.

Fortunately, there is an election in April so we can elect from whoever chooses to run.

And as far as lapdogs go, the only one who proved to be a lapdog is Justin who postponed his resignation just long enough to award another "study" contract to Turner's pet engineering firm last Wednesday.
Chumbalone

Sacramento, CA

#38 Nov 26, 2012
Super 77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you expect Dev to pull a name out of a hat to replace Justin? He could appoint Jesus and there will be people who will accuse him of appointing a hack.
Fortunately, there is an election in April so we can elect from whoever chooses to run.
And as far as lapdogs go, the only one who proved to be a lapdog is Justin who postponed his resignation just long enough to award another "study" contract to Turner's pet engineering firm last Wednesday.
Like I said...if Trivedi appoints one of his "hacks" you and the rest of Trivedi's head nodders won't say one word about it.Justin is old news and gone ...time to move on...and watch what Mayor "Veto" does. I'll be amazed if a complete stranger is appointed !
Lockport

Lockport, IL

#39 Nov 26, 2012
Chumbalone wrote:
<quoted text> Like I said...if Trivedi appoints one of his "hacks" you and the rest of Trivedi's head nodders won't say one word about it.Justin is old news and gone ...time to move on...and watch what Mayor "Veto" does. I'll be amazed if a complete stranger is appointed !
I got it from a good source that Dev's appointment is a guy by the name of Jack Reacher. He's a retired Army MP. He's in his mid-50's. He's lived in town for a couple of years. I understand that he is a no nonsense guy and can be counted on to get the job done. If my source is correct then Mr. Reacher is someone we all can count on.
Super 77

Lemont, IL

#40 Nov 26, 2012
Lockport wrote:
<quoted text>
I got it from a good source that Dev's appointment is a guy by the name of Jack Reacher. He's a retired Army MP. He's in his mid-50's. He's lived in town for a couple of years. I understand that he is a no nonsense guy and can be counted on to get the job done. If my source is correct then Mr. Reacher is someone we all can count on.
Well, according to Chumbalone, if Mr. Reacher wasn't picked by Dev with a blind fold while flipping through the phone book, he is a hack.
dont believe it

Lockport, IL

#41 Nov 26, 2012
Super 77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to Chumbalone, if Mr. Reacher wasn't picked by Dev with a blind fold while flipping through the phone book, he is a hack.
Chumbalone is Kelly T. So if he says he is bad..he is good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shorewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jeff belom man [email protected] 12 hr not good 1
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 14 hr Halloween 10,471
fairmont school board's failing leadership 19 hr Cryin Ryan 34
Big Development by 355 May 21 Crappy Lockport 15
Menards Out Lots May 21 Romeo Expands 5
News Allegation: Channahon plant polluting (Apr '08) May 20 Read It 18
work on rt 6 (Sep '15) May 19 ChannAngel 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shorewood Mortgages