First Prev
of 4
Next Last
taxpayer

West Chicago, IL

#1 Jan 11, 2013
I just read the stories in the Lockport Legend about the chamber of commerce. Wow the chamber is a train wreck and I'm glad Turner brought it up.

I'm a member of the chamber and we've been getting the business about what a great job ther board is doing and it turns out they have been doing a lousy job. They are an embarassment to Lockport.

I'm not going to renew my membership. We need to start a new chamber without the clowns that ran it in to the ground.
Vote Turner

Elmhurst, IL

#2 Jan 11, 2013
My family and I are voting for Turner.
Knows Better

Lockport, IL

#3 Jan 11, 2013
Vote Turner wrote:
My family and I are voting for Turner.
Sorry, but Turner's name isn't going to be on the ballot in Naperville!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Jan 11, 2013
Don't know about a home run. More like a foul ball so he can spin and deflect the real issues of the city council and the crooked Robinson Engineering firm. That along with other issues this council cannot seem to spin away, so yes a FOUL BALL, strike 3 will be coming soon.
Lockport Opinion

Lockport, IL

#5 Jan 11, 2013
Knows Better wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but Turner's name isn't going to be on the ballot in Naperville!
I bet his name won't be on the ballot in Lemont either.

The city that shows up in posts has nothing to do with your physical location - it is the ISP location.
Mrs Robinson

Lockport, IL

#6 Jan 11, 2013
How about we have the finance director have a full disclosure on the city's expenditures over the last 2 years? Lets also put them up on the web for all to see. Mr. Turner, if you have nothing to hide, then there is nothing to worry about.
Turner next Mayor

Palatine, IL

#7 Jan 11, 2013
The Chamber spent over 180 grand on Log Jam and that doesn't include the 50 grand the city gave, which the chamber would have had to cover on it's own. Instead the taxpayers picked that up. The chamber made 60 grand. They have a debt of around 120 grand. One rain out didn't cause a debt of 120 grand. Very bad management did.

Steve Streit is on the board and if you're on a board that bankrupts the organization, you don't belong in the mayor's office.

This post will be followed by angry posts by the usual suspects. Facts are facts and the truth will show how bad they screwed up the chamber.

Turner will be the next mayor.
Would Never Vote for Turn

Lockport, IL

#8 Jan 11, 2013
Anyone is entitled to their opinion, however, I would never vote for Turner. I would support ANY candidate for elected office before casting a vote for Kelly Turner. Period.
lockport

Homer Glen, IL

#9 Jan 11, 2013
i dont like any one from the mayor on down. but if someone is trying to lower my bills, they hav my vote

Location hidden

#10 Jan 11, 2013
lockport wrote:
i dont like any one from the mayor on down. but if someone is trying to lower my bills, they hav my vote
They have never repeat never attempted to lower your bill. Wake up and follow the program. Getting back to the chamber. Guess after reading some of the comments, the best thing the chamber should do is collect money from members then do nothing with it. Oh wait that sounds like the majority in the council. Naturally the chamber should consult in bert & Ernie next time, and GIVE the rest of the money to Robinson to study the idea first. Then come back to its members and ask for more money to actually do something.

Hats off to the chamber for thinking outside the box. Fresh ideas even if at first you don't succedd, maybe next year will be better. Has Canal days every year even from the first year, been a major money maker, probably not, but if someone had not decieded to think outside the box back then, there would be no Canal Days, same goes for any other community event. Guess with the thinking on here, Lockport should cancel, the car shows, parades, music nights etc, unless they are all turning a profit.

Ok Turner and crew, reply back how if you was running the chamber, things would be different. Again all this discussion on the chamber is merely spin adn deflection from the HEAD COWARD and crew. Elections are coming up and what better way to try and win and election than to show fault in everyone else, so no one looks closely at you.
Vote Turner

Plainfield, IL

#11 Jan 12, 2013
Turner has proposed lowering our water bill several times only to be vetoed by Trivedi, Colarelli, Smith and Peretta. Trivedi and gang have fought to keep the bills high when they don't have to be high.

Now that we have seen what people like Streit and Colarelli can do when they run an organization in to bankruptcy, I guess if they actually ran the city, the sky is the limit on taxes.

I'm tired of "Big Idea" politicians, we always end up paying for it.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 12, 2013
Vote Turner wrote:
Turner has proposed lowering our water bill several times only to be vetoed by Trivedi, Colarelli, Smith and Peretta. Trivedi and gang have fought to keep the bills high when they don't have to be high.
Now that we have seen what people like Streit and Colarelli can do when they run an organization in to bankruptcy, I guess if they actually ran the city, the sky is the limit on taxes.
I'm tired of "Big Idea" politicians, we always end up paying for it.
Again someone who hasn't read indepth the HEAD COWARDS proposals. NEVER repeat NEVER did the majority propose to lower our rates, they only porposed to not raise the rates until after the election, which is why it was always vetoed. Of course, not that Robinson has come back with over 30 million worth of repairs needed, guess they will be needing that money after all. Remember it was only a 29 million mistake when they office and vowed to lower our rates. Again, never proposed lowering just putting off until after the election in 2013. Pay close attention to the HEAD COWARD and his puppets, for they promise the moon, but will leave you stranded there.
You gotta be

Palatine, IL

#13 Jan 12, 2013
Thoughts, you gotta be that idiot Colarelli. You need to get out of Lockport because nobody can afford your idiotic ways. You've wrecked the chamber and raised my water bill. You and your buddy Streit have got to go. Quit infesting Topix with your hate.
EASY

Chicago, IL

#14 Jan 12, 2013
lockport wrote:
They won't lower them. If anything your water bill would drop and your taxes go up. You'll lose in the long run
We know

Naperville, IL

#15 Jan 12, 2013
We already know what Trivedi, Colarelli, Smith and Perretta will do, raise water rates.

Turner has already tried several times to lower the rates. I'm going to vote for Turner and anybody who is not backed by Trived, Colarelli, Smith or Perretta.

Turner says there was a 29 million mistake and we had no water ban last summer. He's got my vote.
Lkprt Woman

Lockport, IL

#16 Jan 12, 2013
We know wrote:
We already know what Trivedi, Colarelli, Smith and Perretta will do, raise water rates.
Turner has already tried several times to lower the rates. I'm going to vote for Turner and anybody who is not backed by Trived, Colarelli, Smith or Perretta.
Turner says there was a 29 million mistake and we had no water ban last summer. He's got my vote.
Turner lied and cannot produce one engineering study to support his claims on the "mistake".
My vote

Anonymous Proxy

#17 Jan 12, 2013
My vote is for Turner. Streit is incompetent just like Collarelli. Maybe Rudder can get him elected somewhere else.

Location hidden

#18 Jan 13, 2013
We know wrote:
Another misinformed supporter. Please will somebody produce and ordinance or resolution from the HEAD COWARD or his blind puppets that would LOWER your water rate. Remember not raising your rate is not the same as LOWERING it. Putting off the increase until after 2013 election is not LOWERING your rate. The other districts proposed rolling back the surcharge rates which would have truly lowered our water bills, but that was shot down by the HEAD COWARD and his blind puppets.

Another interesting point, the HEAD COWARD calls for a inquiry into the Chamber, but is always reluctant to show the citys books unless you get a FOIA. Where is the plan from Robinson on all this work thats needs to be done, why hasn't it been made public yet.

This is just another case of smoke and mirrors, spin and deflection. As long as everyone is concerned about something else, they won't be focused on the HEAD COWARD and his blind puppets who are running for re-election.

Just for the record, I say never vote for a incumbent. That would include Pete as well when his term is up, for all you Pete haters out there.
Vote Turner

Warrenville, IL

#19 Jan 13, 2013
And the usual angry posts from the same people who have been posting this stuff for years.

I watched the city meetings on tv and when the 29 million dollars was cut from the spending list, the city had the whole presentation on the web site.

Streit represents these angry people who raised my water bill. We don't need anymore hate from these people. Turner has my vote.

ABCD

Chicago, IL

#20 Jan 13, 2013
We know wrote:
No watering ban? Certainly you are not saying that Turner can control the weather! That's a ridiculous statement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shorewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is "Joanne Pitulla"? 55 min Lockport local 2
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) 1 hr puzzled 9,197
Gazal DO NOT Trust 2 hr Support our Veterans 4
Hiring Aldermen 2 hr Molon Labe 1 24
Remove the Propaganda 3 hr Franky 13
Tonight A Fairmont Board Member Voted Against L... 12 hr reality check 5
News 107 grams of cocaine found in seam of shirt 19 hr Conductor 21
More from around the web

Shorewood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE