corwin's pharmacy
Lockport resident

Joliet, IL

#43 Dec 12, 2012
Three ring circus wrote:
<quoted text> Is this true? Did you read it in Facebook? It is being talked about all over town. I went to McDon. Restaurant and a couple of people were talking about it. They were saying how odd it is that Wal had a piece in the Legend saying the staff was going to Osco and so was he and then there is a sign saying he is not. What is going on? Sounds like a three ring circus? Then a friend of mine had a script there and waited all day as the feds were in there for nine hours or so. It does not sound good! She said she is going to Osco from now on. She does not like the mystery of this business.
Yes, it's true. No, I did not read it on FB. Several news outlets online have written about it and I had a script there. Feds were there about 8:30 when I went by and I couldn't get my prescription which is why I googled corwins pharmacy FBI. After the google search later that afternoon I found the story on WJOL, the herald and the Sun Times.
Lockport resident

Joliet, IL

#44 Dec 12, 2012
no one is above the law wrote:
NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW! IT IS NOT HIS PERSONAL BUSINESS, IT IS THE COMMUNITY'S BUSINESS IF HE WAS TAKEN AWAY IN CUFFS. IF THE FBI TOOK HIM AWAY IN CUFFS, HE DID SOMETHING VERY WRONG. HE AFFECTED HIS EMPLOYEES, THE COMMUNITY THAT DEALT WITH HIM, AND ALL THE PEOPLE THAT PROBABLY PAID FOR LEGITIMATE CARE AND GOT LESS. THE FACEBOOK PAGE HAS A LOT ON THIS AND A STORY IN THE NEWSPAPER. THIS IS NOT PERSONAL BUSINESS. IT IS A BUSINESS IN LOCKPORT GONE BAD!IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DARREN DESKIN. SO WE KNOW WHO IS WRITING THIS. HE TRIED TO TWIST THE JUSTIN STORY TOO. READ THIS STORY ON FACEBOOK. IT SAYS HE WAS SELLING FALSE PRESCRIPTIONS. THAT IS SERIOUS STUFF AND THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION DOES NOT TAKE THINGS LIKE THAT LITELY. HE MIGHT, THE HEADMASTER, YES, IT IS HIM AS HE GAVE IT AWAY TALKING ABOUT DARREN. REMEMBER JUSTIN'S STORY, IT WAS NOT SERIOUS EITHER EVEN THOUGH THE NEIGHBORS SAW IT ALL WHEN HE WAS RUNNING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND CAN ATTEST TO IT. THERE WAS A VERY LARGE REPORT ON HIM BUT OF COURSE IT WAS HELD IN PRIVATE...NOT YOUR BUSINESS. THAT IS LAUGHABLE, PUT THEMSELVES ABOVE THE LAW. WELL, THIS IS A BUSINESS PERSON AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME AND SHAME ON HIM IF IT IS TRUE AND SHAME ON THE WRITER OF THE ABOVE POST IF IT IS TRUE. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW, BRO, NOT EVEN YOU! NOW, YOU CAN QUIT PEAKING OUT YOUR WINDOWS AS YOU HAVE FRIENDS IN ARE FACING SOME VERY SERIOUS CHARGES BY THE FBI THAT CANNOT BE THROWN TO THE WIND, AS YOU HAVE TRIED TO DO. WE SHALL SEE HOW MANY THINGS STICK. DARREN WILL WIN AND YOUR OLD FRIEND WILL LOSE. YOU CAN QUIT TRYING TO WRECK PEOPLE'S REPUTATION AND SHIELDING THE WRONG PEOPLE, INCLUDING YOURSELF. BYE!!! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!! AND THIS SAGA WILL BE ANSWERED AS THAT SORT OF THING ALWAYS IS. IF IT IS TRUE, IT WILL BE THE FIRST TIME IN LOCKPORT'S HISTORY THAT A business man HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY IN HANDCUFFS. It is hopefully not true but all indications it is! BUT IT WON'T BE THE FIRST TIME, your lies have surfaced!!!! Bye!!!! In short, mind your own business, not the people's business that are affected. You need to sweep your own doorstep first! There is a lot of dirt on it! The people that work there should have been considered by their boss. It is apparent he was not thinking of them at all. How embarrassing for this town! The only one not embarrassed is our lofty alderman with the big mouth! Try to twist everything but we know your patterns...you used the same ones on all of your posts. You would never make a detective even though you snoop 24/7. Bye!
. Where on FB Did you find the story?
no one is above the law

Homer Glen, IL

#45 Dec 12, 2012
no one is above the law wrote:
NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW! IT IS NOT HIS PERSONAL BUSINESS, IT IS THE COMMUNITY'S BUSINESS IF HE WAS TAKEN AWAY IN CUFFS. IF THE FBI TOOK HIM AWAY IN CUFFS, HE DID SOMETHING VERY WRONG. HE AFFECTED HIS EMPLOYEES, THE COMMUNITY THAT DEALT WITH HIM, AND ALL THE PEOPLE THAT PROBABLY PAID FOR LEGITIMATE CARE AND GOT LESS. THE FACEBOOK PAGE HAS A LOT ON THIS AND A STORY IN THE NEWSPAPER. THIS IS NOT PERSONAL BUSINESS. IT IS A BUSINESS IN LOCKPORT GONE BAD!IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DARREN DESKIN. SO WE KNOW WHO IS WRITING THIS. HE TRIED TO TWIST THE JUSTIN STORY TOO. READ THIS STORY ON FACEBOOK. IT SAYS HE WAS SELLING FALSE PRESCRIPTIONS. THAT IS SERIOUS STUFF AND THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION DOES NOT TAKE THINGS LIKE THAT LITELY. HE MIGHT, THE HEADMASTER, YES, IT IS HIM AS HE GAVE IT AWAY TALKING ABOUT DARREN. REMEMBER JUSTIN'S STORY, IT WAS NOT SERIOUS EITHER EVEN THOUGH THE NEIGHBORS SAW IT ALL WHEN HE WAS RUNNING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND CAN ATTEST TO IT. THERE WAS A VERY LARGE REPORT ON HIM BUT OF COURSE IT WAS HELD IN PRIVATE...NOT YOUR BUSINESS. THAT IS LAUGHABLE, PUT THEMSELVES ABOVE THE LAW. WELL, THIS IS A BUSINESS PERSON AND THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME AND SHAME ON HIM IF IT IS TRUE AND SHAME ON THE WRITER OF THE ABOVE POST IF IT IS TRUE. NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW, BRO, NOT EVEN YOU! NOW, YOU CAN QUIT PEAKING OUT YOUR WINDOWS AS YOU HAVE FRIENDS IN ARE FACING SOME VERY SERIOUS CHARGES BY THE FBI THAT CANNOT BE THROWN TO THE WIND, AS YOU HAVE TRIED TO DO. WE SHALL SEE HOW MANY THINGS STICK. DARREN WILL WIN AND YOUR OLD FRIEND WILL LOSE. YOU CAN QUIT TRYING TO WRECK PEOPLE'S REPUTATION AND SHIELDING THE WRONG PEOPLE, INCLUDING YOURSELF. BYE!!! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!!! AND THIS SAGA WILL BE ANSWERED AS THAT SORT OF THING ALWAYS IS. IF IT IS TRUE, IT WILL BE THE FIRST TIME IN LOCKPORT'S HISTORY THAT A business man HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY IN HANDCUFFS. It is hopefully not true but all indications it is! BUT IT WON'T BE THE FIRST TIME, your lies have surfaced!!!! Bye!!!! In short, mind your own business, not the people's business that are affected. You need to sweep your own doorstep first! There is a lot of dirt on it! The people that work there should have been considered by their boss. It is apparent he was not thinking of them at all. How embarrassing for this town! The only one not embarrassed is our lofty alderman with the big mouth! Try to twist everything but we know your patterns...you used the same ones on all of your posts. You would never make a detective even though you snoop 24/7. Bye!
TELL ME WHY I am a pathetic, babbling LOSER that has nothing better to do all day than post here at Topix ON AND ON AND ON, 24/7 TELL ME WHY!!

TELL ME WHY I have NO friends (well, none that anyone else can see) TELL ME WHY!!

TELL ME WHY I masturbate hourly to my life-size cardboard cutout of Kelly Turner, TELL ME WHY!!

TELL ME WHY I can't get all these kinky sexual fantasies I have of Kelly Turner out of my 83 yr old dementia-riddled head, TELL ME WHY!!
LOCKPORT RESIDENT

Aurora, IL

#46 Dec 13, 2012
well, it was a surprise that Wally appeared in bond court over illegal fire arms charge, grant it, but we have known him for years and years, and he is a nice guy, and then the story broke in the news, that he was filling NAME BRAND prescriptions with GENERIC meds, and pocketing the profits- which then caused a raid by the feds, early in the morning, etc. and then the pharmacy re opened in the afternoon. etc.. and im wondering how many people were DUPED in paying for name brand meds, yet got the generic ones instead? Not many people READ the printed info which is stapled to your pharmacy bag up on receiving it, which will show what you are getting, etc. this whole mess is unfortunate for the residents of Lockport that is for sure.. I am wondering how long it will take to sort this whole mess out, and the residents will get the WHOLE TRUE story with this?
Could care less

Glen Ellyn, IL

#48 Dec 13, 2012
We don't have any right to know. I could care less if this happened once or twice over the years. This is just something that Desk clown, fagbriola, and Robbie Crank hole are on here blabbing about. Just politicizing nothing. I am thrilled this business is still here and kicking. This is our heritage. Be proud of it.
Wondering whats going on

Lemont, IL

#49 Dec 14, 2012
Check out idfpr.com it's the Illinois department of financial and professional regulations. You can look him up and looks like he's been disciplined before for dispensing generic under brand name. That's a shame!
You get what you pay for

Lockport, IL

#50 Dec 14, 2012
It is not hard times, it is theft from the consumers of their prescriptions. It has nothing to do with the people that GLENDALE HEIGHTS (GET IT) is sticking up for writing this. He can be thrilled, the rest of us are not. I have heard by the grapevine that people are up in arms about this. All they have to do is google their script, get the color, maker, and shape of it and they have the answer. Also if they have a pill that is generic bring it to another pharmacy and tell them the name and they will tell you whether it is generic or brand. There is a big difference in price and the consumer that pays for brand gets his allotment a lot faster from the insurance company. There is a lot of involvement in stuff like this. As one of the writers on here who makes light of crimes per say, he better watch what he says as the FBI is involved and they do not play his games of everything is ok. We will see where this goes but the public should look into their medicine, in my opinion. I did and go to Walmart and am most happy with them. They are great! You get what you pay for there!
You get what you pay for

Lockport, IL

#51 Dec 14, 2012
LOCKPORT RESIDENT wrote:
well, it was a surprise that Wally appeared in bond court over illegal fire arms charge, grant it, but we have known him for years and years, and he is a nice guy, and then the story broke in the news, that he was filling NAME BRAND prescriptions with GENERIC meds, and pocketing the profits- which then caused a raid by the feds, early in the morning, etc. and then the pharmacy re opened in the afternoon. etc.. and im wondering how many people were DUPED in paying for name brand meds, yet got the generic ones instead? Not many people READ the printed info which is stapled to your pharmacy bag up on receiving it, which will show what you are getting, etc. this whole mess is unfortunate for the residents of Lockport that is for sure.. I am wondering how long it will take to sort this whole mess out, and the residents will get the WHOLE TRUE story with this?
They will look at it now, no doubt. They should take their prescriptions to another pharmacy and tell them they want to know what they are and how much they should be charged. And if any problem, contact their insurance company right away. This is important for the consumer and certainly not a JAMJOKE!!!!!LIKE THE WRITER WHO MAKES LIGHT OF IT.
Do some investigating

Lockport, IL

#52 Dec 14, 2012
You get what you pay for wrote:
<quoted text> They will look at it now, no doubt. They should take their prescriptions to another pharmacy and tell them they want to know what they are and how much they should be charged. And if any problem, contact their insurance company right away. This is important for the consumer and certainly not a JAMJOKE!!!!!LIKE THE WRITER WHO MAKES LIGHT OF IT.
Forgot to mention that you can make an appt. at the FBI office and bring your scripts there. They will test them and tell them what you paid for each of them. If you question anything, do not let it go. Now is the time to act and be safe in what you are taking. It is imperative that you know if you have the right thing. If you do, good but if you do not let them know. I plan on doing that. You have a right to have the correct medication and feel good about it. Tradition and history has nothing to do with this. The guy that wrote that, and we all know who he is, is all wet. In our opinion, you need to check out your scripts and do it right away. If they are ok, no problem. Check and see, no harm in doing that for your own benefit.
Do some investigating

Lockport, IL

#53 Dec 15, 2012
The crook wrote:
<quoted text> Just like the DUI case, the Justin case, and now the Corwen Case. Nothing to discuss. Read the Herald and the secrecy continues in Lockport and in the paper FOR NOW! This is a classic case of twisting the truth and trying so hard to deflect what is going on! You say he did not get arrested. You say there is nothing there. We will see IF YOU ARE TELLING THE TRUTH! IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE IF YOU ARE TWISTING OR TELLING THE TRUTH. IT WILL COME OUT ON THIS ONE. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CONTROL YOU HAVE AT THE CITY ON THIS ONE. IT IS IN THE HANDS OF THE FBI. YOU DO NOT CONTROL THEM. TOO BAD, HUH. THE TRUTH WILL COME OUT.
This is typical Turner language, nothing there,you must have been there and facilitated it, you are to blame, we are proud of them, they are tradition, it is none of our business, it might have happened a few times, etc. etc. typical Turner....it seems his world is coming full circle and the cro*ks are in a circle. He is so frustrated that all his crimin*l pals are up a creek without a paddle. Let's see what happened or if Turner has egg all over his face again and again! I would bet he has egg on his face but he will never admit it. Instead he will give off with his demented sexual little fella comments. The jamjoke himself! Now it is our time to snoop!!!! We snoop on the important things!
GOOD ADVICE

Lockport, IL

#54 Dec 15, 2012
I an going to take my scripts to a pharmacy and see what they gave me. Good advice, wonderful advice, and it will prove if I got what I paid for.
Umm yeah

Crystal Lake, IL

#55 Dec 15, 2012
The drug companies and distributors (name brand AND generic) all conduct monthly, quarterly, yearly and random inventory in EVERY PHARMACY across the US. They match up paper scripts with the computer inventory as well as counted inventory. If a doctor says "ok to fill with generic" either verbally or on the script itself then you will get generic. The pharmacists have licenses that are strictly regulated. Perhaps this guy filled some false prescriptions that were brought into the pharmacy. However the Feds will comb over all inventory and scripts in the Corwin possession. They don't just shred those scripts when they are filled they have to hold onto them. Like IRS taxes filed. Also the FDA has regulations on the labels too. So you might get a generic, but it MUST be approved by your doctor. So please. Don't assume.
IT HAPPENED TO ME LONG AG

Lockport, IL

#56 Dec 15, 2012
No one is assuming. You are missing the point, sir. It is the price he charged. He charged for brnad and GAVE GENERIC. IT HAPPENED TO US THERE. IT IS NOT ASSUMED. IT IS A FACT. THEY WILL UNCOVER WHAT HE CHARGED FOR WHAT. IF IT IS GENERIC IT MAY BE FIVE DOLLARS AND IF IT IS BRAND IT COULD BE FIFTY DOLLARS. THE FORTY FIVE DOLLARS, IF THAT WAS DONE, WENT INTO HIS POCKET. YOU ARE ASSUMMING HE IS INNOCENT. I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT. I WAS CHARGED FOR BRAND AND WHEN I GOT HOME IT WAS GENERIC. WHEN I CALLED HE SAID IT IS BRAND AND HE WAS NOT TELLING THE TRUTH. GOOD LUCK IN YOUR ASSUMING! I TOOK IT TO ANOTHER PHARMACY YEARS BACK AND THEY TOLD ME IT WAS GENERIC AND I WAS OVERCHARGED. I QUIT THERE THEN!
Dont celebrate too fast

Lockport, IL

#57 Dec 15, 2012
Umm yeah wrote:
The drug companies and distributors (name brand AND generic) all conduct monthly, quarterly, yearly and random inventory in EVERY PHARMACY across the US. They match up paper scripts with the computer inventory as well as counted inventory. If a doctor says "ok to fill with generic" either verbally or on the script itself then you will get generic. The pharmacists have licenses that are strictly regulated. Perhaps this guy filled some false prescriptions that were brought into the pharmacy. However the Feds will comb over all inventory and scripts in the Corwin possession. They don't just shred those scripts when they are filled they have to hold onto them. Like IRS taxes filed. Also the FDA has regulations on the labels too. So you might get a generic, but it MUST be approved by your doctor. So please. Don't assume.
You are twisting the facts. It is not that a scipt cannot be filled in a generic. It is the fact that he is overcharging the customers. He is selling generic at brand prices. They will have to calculate whether he did this. If he did that is a crime. He took money for the brand and pocketed the difference. It is serious. You are talking in terms of whether a prescription can be filled in generic by dr's orders. Oh it can be but it should be clear that you only get charged for the generic and not the brand. The implication that is here is that all those people that got charged brand prices for generic got their deductible a lot faster and the insurance company lost out big time. There is a lot of things involved in this and the FBI does not play favorites or your opinion on this. They know what they are looking for and they spent a lot of time in there that day and that is not the end of it. If I were a patron of the store I would check out the drugs I got and see if they were generic or brand and what I was charged. I would then turn this information over to the proper authorities if I had questionable answers to that. Don't worry, they will settle this, and I do not think they just came on this by chance. It sounds very serious for this guy. We will see! It certainly makes you wonder, doesn't it? He builds a new business in a new location and suddenly the FBI is at his door beating it down! hmmmmmmm! We will see!
I wonder

Lockport, IL

#58 Dec 15, 2012
How serious is this? If the people do not have the internet do they know? Is it a problem that the people are getting their prescriptions filled right now and do not know? It would seem to me that the pharmacy should be shut down until it is settled. In my opinion, since there is an investigation going on and there are some serious questions to be answered, it would seem fair to do that until it is settled. Therefore, I do not think they will take too long to settle it for the sake of the customers. In any event, the fact he had guns on the site seems very odd to me.
Seriously

United States

#60 Dec 29, 2012
Doesn't anyone ever read the local newspaper. Corwin is closing because the FBI raided the place. Obviously something questionable is going on there. Also he was arrested for having a gun on the premises and no gun card. He will need money for a lawyer etc.
Heli Brian

United States

#61 Dec 30, 2012
Lipsticklezzzz wrote:
Where will I pay my electric bill?? Drats!!"
You can pay it at Jewel. They have the same bill pay system that Corwin does
Saul

Lockport, IL

#62 Dec 30, 2012
I send mine in to them. It only takes a stamp.
GOOD ADVICE

Homer Glen, IL

#63 Jan 4, 2013
GOOD ADVICE wrote:
I an going to take my scripts to a pharmacy and see what they gave me. Good advice, wonderful advice, and it will prove if I got what I paid for.
Do you see just how pathetic and crazy my 83 yr old self is?? My mind is too befuddled with fantasies of Kelly Turner, but I can still find the time to respond to MY OWN POSTS with positive affirmation! SOMEBODY has to pat me on the back for all my UN-witty, STUPID, retarded, incoherent posts! I have NO friends! I have NO life! Tell me WHY! Oh, please tell me why I'm such a pathetic loser! tell me why!!
Corwins

Lockport, IL

#64 Jun 29, 2013
I just want to say I worked there for 5 years loved it there until we moved you should see what really goes on behind closed doors I feel bad for Jackie no more orders coming in for crafts I don't know how long they will be open for but I do know that everyone that's there now needs to move on even if they are family or what not. I proud of Debbie H for getting out of there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shorewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mailman who delivers to downtown businesses? (Oct '16) 35 min Terrimom 2
RIP Tim Murphy 10 hr G Simmons 2
fairmont school board's failing leadership (May '16) 13 hr Fairmont Questioner 116
Yes you were boring 13 hr Robert Thomas 42
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) Sun Halloween 10,806
Looking for info on new businesses coming to Lo... (Feb '08) Apr 21 Jus Sayin 21
Any other Lockport pets with tumors and/or othe... (Nov '11) Apr 21 Jus Sayin 26

Shorewood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shorewood Mortgages