attempted child abduction in Lake For...

attempted child abduction in Lake Forest Subdivision

Posted in the Shorewood Forum

supermomof3

Plainfield, IL

#1 Apr 11, 2011
Late sunday there was an attempted child abduction in Shorewood in the Lake Forest subdivision and I was wondering the details. Man? women? car? what the ploy was?
How safe are your kids

Chicago, IL

#2 Apr 21, 2011
One of the most stomach turning things to hear from any parent when you work in the child safety industry, is that "It will never happen to me." I personally believe at that point when you as a parent think that way you unknowingly put your children at risk for child abduction. You let your guard down and don't put up defenses that will help protect your child against predators. When was the last time you check the sex offenders registry to see how many are in your area.
Did you know for every 1 sex offender that registers,4 to 5 don't. And these are just the ones that got caught in the justice system. Can you guess how many more are out there that haven't been caught. That is a hard guess because they haven't been caught. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors, genders, and ages. Think you can pick one out of the crowd, you might be able, to pick one out, maybe. Just because they look like one to you, don't mean that they are.
And what about the ones you can't pick out of the crowd. They look like ordinary people, not raising any alarms, or drawing attention to themselves. You really don't notice them. But they are out there watching and waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike. The saddest part of this situation is that you will never know that they got your child in their sights.
If your child was abducted, what could you Do to help save their life?
What happens when you get that gut dropping feeling in the middle of the day letting you know something is wrong. And later you learn that your child was abducted? Are you prepared for this moment? What can you do to help your child survive the ordeal that has just taken place. I'm sure the first thing you will do is report this to the police. But do you have enough information about your child to give to the police to aid them in effectively recovering your child? What if the abductor is on his way to another town, city, or state? Your local police can only conduct searches in their local area. They may ask neighboring towns police departments to aid in the search. I live 15 minutes away from Chicago, Illinois, and just by driving down one of the major streets in my area, I can drive through 3 towns in less than 10 minutes. And just an F.Y.I. fact, less than 1% of missing children cases qualify for the Amber Alert.
The best way to combat a predator is with prevention. Arming yourself and your children with the best and latest information on child safety. And in addition to that, having a plan ready already in place should the unthinkable happen to your child. I represent a company that will help you with being prepared to combat child abduction.
My company offers:
* A very powerful informational/educational section abduction prevention.
* You will receive a kit for each child that will instruct you on what you will need to help the Authorities make a fast and positive identification of your child should they become missing or abducted. This kit includes video and picture information.
* They will duplicate and distribute missing posters and videos of your child nationwide.
* They will put up a $50,000 reward.
* They will hire a Private Investigator to help aid in the safe return of your child.
* All of that for no additional charge!
This program works more like a membership that covers all of your kids for one small monthly fee. There is a onetime registration fee to enroll all of your children into the program. You have more likely paid more for a video game system, or a birthday gift for one of your children then it would cost to pay this onetime registration fee. But unlike that video game system, we can help protect your children and possibly save their lives.
Please contact me for more information on this program, so I can help get your family protected right away.
www.SafeChildren.us
Office Number
219-292-4kids (4543)
Email Addresses
[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shorewood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Solid time share or trust 23 hr Robert Thomas 13
Mayor Streit - Good for Lockport Fri get a life douche 5
Investors never invest their own money (Apr '11) Feb 5 help 10,265
Propaganda Feb 4 notsotough 22
News Joliet Drug Squad Busts 3 Men with $3M in Heroi... (Jan '14) Feb 3 sad times 9
old division street bridge (Apr '11) Feb 3 guyazbell 8
News County officer races quiet this year (Feb '08) Nov '15 sunshine4more 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shorewood Mortgages