get the best deal on directv you can find!
Posted in the Shoreline Forum
#8 Dec 6, 2012
I can't get the $10 lower for 10 months to work. Is there a referral number I can use? Thanks for your help.
#9 Dec 6, 2012
Used the account number above after getting to the referral page and it worked. Last question, I dont currently belong to Costco but will join once I get the card. Will I get the card even if i am not currently a member or should I join first. Just wondering if they will check that I am a member before sending the $200 card.
#15 Mar 14, 2013
Did you get the Costco card and the 100.00 referral. Direct tv is telling me over the phone that you can't get both.
#17 Mar 14, 2013
I Just signed up I got the following:
$200.00 Visa Gift Card (NEW PROGRAM)
$100.00 Referral Program
$5.00 off for 12 months
$10.00 off Auto Pay
3 months HBO Start Showtime Cinemax
If you are going to sign up please use my A/C# for your referral 58250512 I need the referrals Tell them Joseph Rowe zip 22443
#18 Apr 9, 2013
I am still waiting for my points cause it takes 90 days after service to receive them. You should do the costco rewards and refer a friend online, MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SAME EMAIL ACCOUNT YOU USE FOR VIGGLE. right after you do it, call them and tell them you saw the promotion on the viggle website which made you sign up online about 5 minutes ago through costco and your calling to give them the email associated with your viggle account. They will try and say that you have to do it all over and start new account specifying that promotion. Refuse and state that you dont want to ruin the costco member promotion. They dont have anything in their system about costco because the cards are given out by costco and not directv. I did this exactly and the lady had to get a supervisor to see if he can help. When he cam he did an override on the computer or something to add the viggle promotion. You must be super nice or flirty and not be a dick or they wont go out of their way to see if they can do it!
Here is a link of the viggle promo
#19 Apr 9, 2013
Yes i did get the card and the referral. the viggle points took a bit of sucking up but i will know for sure in june. i suggest that you do not bring up any promotions you got when you signed up online 5 minutes ago. just tell em about what the viggle link that i gave above said towards the end. just give them the email associated with your viggle account to get your sign up bonus. it does not say that you cant combine offers.
#23 May 20, 2013
The Costco ad specifically says OFFER MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH THE DIRECTV REFER-A-FRIEND OFFER.
Is this a newer change since May 8th?
#27 Jun 29, 2013
#28 Jun 29, 2013
I wouldn't go that route. yu'll end up with so-so service.
#31 Jul 10, 2013
Get $100 off your DirecTV bill ($10 a month for 10 months) using my refer a friend information.
At the time of sign up just tell them you were referred by a friend.
They will ask for account number...
Acct number: 40913558
Maybe last name: Cox
Zip Code: 29020
Enjoy your $100 off!
#32 Aug 23, 2013
The Costco deal still works. It has been modified. Here is the most recent method:
Go to the Costco website here:
Set up your account online. You need to have the Costco/Directv (black bar) above so that the registration is run through Costco.com . If the browser takes you to Directv without the Costco, clear your browser history and cache. Again, you do not need to be a Costco member to register on their website.
Pulling another window to run the referral program will give you an info bar saying the savings can't be combined. Do not open another window. Take a screen shot and save the Costco page showing your order number. It takes a few weeks for the $200 card to be mailed out and this will be your proof of purchase.
CutePDF Writer freeware available at:
FYI Costco has a great rebate investigation program.
Costco Customer Service (800) 955-2292
Costco Rebate Service (866) 355-3137
Now call Directv (888) 777-2454 and tell them on the phone that you want to sign up for the referral program. I gave you the sales number instead of service because they are more likely to help you.
Last name: Azali
The program won't kick in until 1-2 billing periods but you should receive all 10 months savings and your Costco cash card around the same time.
#34 Oct 22, 2013
Updated $200 Costco Card,$10 off for 10 months from referral, 200,000 Viggle points (trade in $75 Best Buy Card), and NFL Pkg.
Here is the real and honest deal I used and after much research Have perfected, based on both mine and my new neighbors elated success.
Ive read a few other posts and the info seems outdated,
1. The site will not let you use the referral program unless you follow this order to a T.
1) You can’t combine Costco Promo with the Referral Program online, it sends you a message saying you can’t combine.
2) Costco Promo can not be combined with any other offer
To get around these you will invest a bit of your time.
1) Just follow this link http://www.costco.com/directv.html ...
2) You should see DIRECTV Costco cash card promotion page. Click on "Click HERE" box. It should take you to DIRECTV Costco Connection Center. This will activate the cash card promotion. You will see a message that says “The site you are transferring to isn’t hosted by Costco.” Click O.K. and you will come to a new page. Make sure that it says “Costco” in upper left corner so you know you are still getting the promotion. Click the “View All Packages” button
3) Enter zip code. Go through and pick out your package, the receivers, and any other equipment you would like. Side note the new Genie is fantastic.
4) Press the “Proceed to Checkout” and it will show you the cost, what discounts that have been applied, and what you would expect to pay per month.
5) This is where everyone else’s information goes wrong; the referral link will give you a notice saying “promotions can’t be combined” no matter what you do..So continue with the check out program, set up your install appointment, and finish up your order.
7) Call DIRECTV immediately after you have completed your order. Use this #, 1-800-531-5000, it is the direct # to DIRECTV not the #’s linked to the promotions. Enter your # and then 2 for change order. Be polite and joke around to help the cause. Say you have 2 things that you forgot when ordering online. 1st you would like to add the refer program. DO NOT MENTION THE COSTCO promotion; they can’t see it on their end so they will add the discount. They will ask for an account number, Please use my account number “041436652” and they will have to verify the last name on my account “Lavalle”
8)Say you saw a Viggle promotion right after you signed up and would like that to be applied to your account. I did this for myself and I was unsuccessful but when my neighbor did the same thing for it worked perfectly. 50/50 whether you get this. They will tell you that you have to cancel your online application and redo it using the Viggle website. Explain to them that you just spent 1 hour going through all of that and don’t want to redo it, politely ask if there is anything they can do because this would be a huge inconvenience, you don’t have the time to redo it right now, and don’t want to lose your installation date. They will get a supervisor and may apply this to your account. The kicker is if they don’t give it to you ask if they can do anything else for the trouble and they offered me an extra $5 off for 12 months. So instead of Viggle points ($75 Best Buy card) you get an extra $60 off your package instead.
9) Enjoy. We both received the Costco cards about 2 weeks after we signed up in early September
I hope this helps everyone out and I thank you in advance for using my account number and name. If you have any questions let me know because I will be watching this site and would be glad to help.
#36 Feb 28, 2014
Hi there friend, My Name is Guy Laclair and my Directv Account Number is 63523728
I would really appreciate it if you could help me and my family save money and in return you will get $100 off your Directv. Thanks you so much!
Zip Code is 98208 and I live in Everett WA
Call 1-855-567-1562 < This is the number on my bill they said to use. Feel free to use the 1-800 number that others have suggested.
#37 Sep 1, 2014
This company is dishonest. They add charges on your bill without authorization.
Add your comments below
|Former Ebay Sellers 2 Open Forum, New Group on ... (Jun '14)||21 hr||Darrel Rogers||17|
|Let's Be Blunt About Ferguson and Michael Brown||Dec 22||Sunshine||10|
|The Liberal View is that School Discipline is t...||Dec 21||Culture Auditor||1|
|Reasons Why Washington State Sucks - Post Them ... (Apr '12)||Dec 20||Jetupper||318|
|How are so many idiots so successful at work?||Dec 19||Trust Jesus||5|
|Dog friendly apartments?||Dec 19||Trust Jesus||2|
|Mountlake Terrace Garage Door Repair||Dec 19||SarahRYoung||1|
Find what you want!
Search Shoreline Forum Now
Copyright © 2014 Topix LLC