Celebrating human rights

Celebrating human rights

There are 5 comments on the The Kenmore Reporter story from Aug 23, 2010, titled Celebrating human rights. In it, The Kenmore Reporter reports that:

Last Saturday, Youth for Human Rights International - Seattle Chapter, sponsored by the Church of Scientology, received the Best of Parade Float award for their entry in the annual Celebrate Shoreline event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kenmore Reporter.

Resolution

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Aug 23, 2010
Maybe the 'Church' should 'sponsor' those families and children it has hurt in its policies of disconnection and slave labor. Anything associated with this cult is suspect.

http://www.exscientologykids.org/
not raw meat

Hudson, WI

#2 Aug 23, 2010
It is absolutely vital that state departments of education be notified immediately that Youth for Human Rights is a front group for scientology. This organization MUST be kept out of public schools and must not be paid for by taxpayers.
awsomeanon

United States

#3 Aug 24, 2010
Scientology uses these seemingly well intentioned front groups for the purpose of generating public relations.and as a distraction from their hidden agendas and their criminal behavior.
Resolution

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Aug 26, 2010
WTF is going on with their St Paul, MN location now? I cannot believe that they still have their tax exempt status- what a bunch of crooks.
not raw meat

Hudson, WI

#5 Aug 27, 2010
Resolution, there's a great MN organization that you're probably aware of: MNraid dot organization that probably can help you with more direct info. Indirectly, I hear that the downtown neighboring business are getting pretty pissed off about the covered parking meters and the dumpsters with NOTHING happening. There are some rumors of contractors not getting paid and quitting. It's a mess. I don't know what the law says about tax exempt status for properties purchased by a "religion" with plans for renovation but are unused for long periods of time. How long will that building sit idle and why, during, that time? Why can't the good people of the city of St. Paul (and Ramsey County) not able to collect taxes from that massive and expensive piece of real estate? Hmmm. Just think what the City of St. Paul could do with the money collected from that building's property taxes: e.g. help the many homeless men and women with job skills programs, make snow covered sidewalks and curbs wheelchair accessible in winter,
subsidize foodshelves, creating more bike paths and playgrounds, etc. etc. etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreline Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote for Hillary 10 hr Delberto 19
More cowards and crooks among UN soldiers. Wed oink Embriano 3
Child Support Agents Claim Power through Corrup... Aug 23 Elise Gingerich 4
News Seen from West Seattle: Olympic Peninsula wildf... Aug 21 Elise Gingerich 1
Reasons Why Washington State Sucks - Post Them ... (Apr '12) Aug 21 NYC Jack 404
Gay marriage is not a sin! Aug 20 VeganTiger 3
News ALERT: Tangle of tape by the West Seattle Bridge Aug 19 Elise Gingerich 1

Shoreline Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreline Mortgages