Suffolk panel urges joint services fo...

Suffolk panel urges joint services for schools

There are 2 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 4, 2008, titled Suffolk panel urges joint services for schools. In it, Newsday reports that:

A Suffolk Legislature commission, looking for alternatives beyond merging schools, has issued a report calling instead for consolidation of operations including payroll, busing, health insurance and investments ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Realist

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Mar 4, 2008
The BIG opposition to complete consolidation is coming from the people on the inside who are STEALING from us on a daily basis.
School Districts need to be consolidated, end of story.
maxwell

Andover, NJ

#2 Mar 4, 2008
Whoa, wait, we can't have an independent third party taking care of payroll, how can we cheat the taxpayers?

I think this is good stuff. I think the Firehouses need to do the same. Not every town needs some of the rarely used equipment. We all need to share. I say break the barriers of Townships so people of this Island can enjoy all the Beaches and Boat ramps instead of this knitpicking, "You aren't a town resident" crap. We are all Islanders and should be able to enjoy the entire Island.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horse boarding (Jan '13) Sun Dans Special Sauce 47
S Prestano Bakery Sep 23 Julia 32
Farmingville, NY (Jul '10) Sep 14 SmokinJoe 37
News Seattle's mayor resigns after 5th sex abuse cla... Sep 14 MR EMMETT TILL. 20
News Fifth man's charges of abuse lead Seattle mayor... Sep 14 Carver 13
News Seattle's mayor resigns after 5th sex abuse cla... Sep 12 irwin 2
Insula Dome Skylights going out of business? (Jul '11) Sep 10 NSHI HomeImprovents 18

Shoreham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages