A pipeline into LIPA's thinking

A pipeline into LIPA's thinking

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 17, 2008, titled A pipeline into LIPA's thinking. In it, Newsday reports that:

Kevin Law, head of the Long Island Power Authority , made his first visit to Shoreham long before last Friday, when he went with a LIPA advisory committee charged with determining the future of the mothballed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

LI Guy

Westbury, NY

#1 Jun 17, 2008
What ? "because we need more gas in the region and that cable would bring gas "
I though cables bring electricity or pass communication signals and pipes are for gas. Is there a new form of cable that allow gas to travel through it. I know they pressurize cables will dielectrics, but I do not think they send flammable gas through it.
ttt

Huntington, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2008
I think it might have been an editing problem
Unbeliever

Monsey, NY

#3 Jun 17, 2008
Is he going to try this time of day rate with everyone or is he going to do it for a select few only. If he wants data on its usefulness there are many utilities already using this method.
jim

New York, NY

#4 Jun 17, 2008
Power up the Nuke and the heck with the environmentals
felon

Floral Park, NY

#5 Jun 17, 2008
They have no answers, just blame someone else; it was lilco’s fault, but they never say it was their fault. Newsday should share some blame; they are still commending those that need to be replaced. All these smart energy moves are fine, but they do not answer the fundamental question; either dramatically slow growth on this Island, or the living standard of everyone, except the lucky few, is going to dramatically change. There is no political fortitude in either party; no elected official is willing to put their job on the
Analog Guy

Port Washington, NY

#6 Jun 17, 2008
So, Mr. Law, should I continue to work out of my home office or go back to commuting on the LIE, wasting gas and driving up congestion?

Peak charges for home office users and telecommuters will drive us back to the highways and waste and congestion.

Which do you prefer?

"Next week, Kevin Law plans on seeking board approval for a pilot project that would put smart meters in homes in Bethpage and Hauppauge. The meters will tell customers, in real time, how much they're paying for electricity - which will be more if they're running a washing machine at noon on a hot day."
maxwell

Andover, NJ

#7 Jun 17, 2008
OPEN UP THAT BEAUTIFUL BOAT RAMP IN SHOREHAM FOR STATE USE!!!!!!!!!!

The ramp has been there since the early construction of the Plant. But NOooooo, Brokhaven residence must drive 14 miles to Mt Sinai And the Riverhead ramp that is very close is never dreaded so it's unusable.
tired of it

Andover, NJ

#8 Jun 17, 2008
We need no more power. STOP all new construction. Teh Island has met it's nice ecosystem.

STOP putting Central air conditioners in homes and Dog houses. STOP heating your pools.
STOP all the Street lights.
STOP overlighting the parking lots.

JUST , FREAK'n STOP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Aug 19 raphan disbarred 17
The Donald (Sep '15) Aug 17 SmokinJoe 8
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Aug 15 SmokinJoe 9
Safe to drink Aug 10 Washerwoman 2
News J & R Steakhouse reopens as Pop's Roadhouse in ... Jul 27 Robert 1
News Sperm Counts Continue to Decline in Western Nat... Jul 26 Peter Cheeks 2
SCCC Destruction of Nature (Dec '12) Jul 26 Chuck 18

Shoreham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages