BROOKHAVEN: Tallgrass project approved -

BROOKHAVEN: Tallgrass project approved -

There are 116 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 17, 2007, titled BROOKHAVEN: Tallgrass project approved -. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Brookhaven Town Board approved the Tallgrass development in Shoreham last night over the objections of the councilman whose district encompasses the project and with significant changes to the final site ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
person

Middle Island, NY

#101 Oct 31, 2007
i dont think so because that was an email received yesterday. it is after all the other conversations.
carpender

AOL

#102 Oct 31, 2007
katy wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I what? embraced? am I being held no.. do you mean embarrassed? maybe? yes I am embarrassed so much I can't spell the word. no i am not embarrassed in the slightest bit. coming from the people who do not want the project because of traffic and such I thought you would be glad that this may be open space, nothing. no cars that way but it seems that some of the people who do not want anything are a little upset to lose something that brings in crowds. huh.. seems mysterious. no i am not upset in the slightest, and for the record I highly doubt that the golf course is going to be exed. If it was I bet Amper would have been at the town mtgs if there wasnt going to be enough open space. but thanks for your heartfelt concern.
Do u really think that the builder would have built houses on that land? He would have walked away from it.Right now and probably for the next several years, no new housing will be built. It is not profitable, but what is profitable, is retail space ,that is what you will see built on that land.Housing wont be built for some time.Only when it is profitable.
Shoreham Resident

Patchogue, NY

#103 Nov 1, 2007
This project is positive for Shoreham - The Pine Barrens will see that the community wants and needs the golf course to stay, and it will all work out in the end.. All good.
buyer beware

Patchogue, NY

#104 Nov 2, 2007
buyer beware wrote:
<quoted text>
And thank you, for the spelling lesson. If I were promoting the builders welcome to Mayberry, fantasy PDD only to find out six days later he’s been peddling crap I would be embarrassed, and as for your doubt of the golf course being “exed”(is that a word?) read the paper - he said it. The mystery here is who will contribute the taxes that were to be generated from the golf course? My understanding is the golf course provides $150k year in tax revenues, after the changes made to the PDD on 10/16 I believe the tax surplus from the PDD was reduce to in the region of $166k, basically – NO TAX REVENUE. And yet another mystery, does eliminating the golf course create an abundance of open space, thus allowing Mr. Builder to create more housing units? or commercial space? What seems “mysterious” is that A LOT of people whose daily lives will not be effected from this PDD have a great deal to say about it
At the town meeting they said there would be $400,000 in tax surplus what do you mean $166,000?
also a shoreham resident

AOL

#105 Nov 3, 2007
Shoreham Resident wrote:
This project is positive for Shoreham - The Pine Barrens will see that the community wants and needs the golf course to stay, and it will all work out in the end.. All good.
IF you really lived in Shoreham, you would not want this project to go thru.The only reason a person would want increased traffic, 1000 more people at all hours of the day,and noise would be if they benefited from it financially.I would say you are in some way connected to foley or the developer. No one in there right mind would want to live near somthing like this
I MISS KATY

Brooklyn, NY

#106 Nov 7, 2007
buyer beware wrote:
<quoted text>
And thank you, for the spelling lesson. If I were promoting the builders welcome to Mayberry, fantasy PDD only to find out six days later he’s been peddling crap I would be embarrassed, and as for your doubt of the golf course being “exed”(is that a word?) read the paper - he said it. The mystery here is who will contribute the taxes that were to be generated from the golf course? My understanding is the golf course provides $150k year in tax revenues, after the changes made to the PDD on 10/16 I believe the tax surplus from the PDD was reduce to in the region of $166k, basically – NO TAX REVENUE. And yet another mystery, does eliminating the golf course create an abundance of open space, thus allowing Mr. Builder to create more housing units? or commercial space? What seems “mysterious” is that A LOT of people whose daily lives will not be effected from this PDD have a great deal to say about it
I guess I will go as well now, Katy a/k/a voice of OLC has gone, who will help us with our spelling???
maybe she was E-M-B-A-R-R-A-S-S-E-D? or got "exed"
larry

AOL

#107 Nov 10, 2007
Dont you get it?Katy was a SCHILL for the developer,you know most likely to get somthing out of it.
katy

White Plains, NY

#108 Nov 12, 2007
or maybe i stopped obsessing over the situation and got a life. anything else? and by the way thank you so much for naming yourself after me. there must be so much going on in commack huh? well your welcome i have given you something to talk about. i could probably start a fan club soon. oh and i still havent gotten the "money" from the builder yet, anyone know what the hold up is? i figured since you know everything you could probably answer that too.
I MISS KATY

Brooklyn, NY

#109 Nov 14, 2007
FYI - Im from Shoreham not Commack, this affects me directly, and you will not get your low income house from Mr Ornstein. What going on in Port Jeff Station?? HUH?? not much thats why you obsessing with moving to Shoreham, work hard , save your money, and get a life, thats how I did it.
katy

Fairfield, CT

#110 Nov 15, 2007
yes probably years ago when the houses were not $400,000 so easier said then done. you find me some land in port jeff sta and i will support a project there too. i am not obsessed with moving to shoreham at all actually (not with you people as neighbors). at this point i hope the builder does build those huge houses and screws you all. i have never seen so many nasty people in my life and at this point your right i would actually rather live in an apt of 8 more years just to watch you all get those huge houses and realize what it could have been. or why dont you save up some money like you did before and buy the sod farm???? i dont understand if its so easy just buy the farm and then you could do what you want with it. there's the answer!!!!!!
sam

AOL

#111 Nov 27, 2007
Thank goodness Katy will stay in port jefferson!
Would rather have huge houses than 600 condo, slash apartments.Wait till you see what this developer has really planed for this project.It will include lots of STORES and TRAFFIC and lots of PEOPLE, daytripping to this location,Kind of like port jefferson ..........
Awful

Port Washington, NY

#112 Dec 3, 2007
Man Brookhaven sucks....thanks to people like this "katy" person. great mentality katy....unless you wanna live near acres and acres of ugly homogenized vinyl sided houses, then get out of Shoreham. And thanks to all the meatballs who the thought the CPF was a property tax, Brookhaven is officially on its way down the toilet. Hop the border (Riverhead, Southampton) if youre smart and want to retain any value in your home...bye bye Brookhaven
harold

AOL

#113 Dec 5, 2007
Shorehams pdd will have lots of workforse,slash ,low income homes put in by that builder and the likes of brian foley,you will see all kinds of trouble in the swrs dist. I would rather have high income mc mansions than low income housing...this town is going in the toilet..Thanks brian foley and the rest of the GANG
bruce

Bronx, NY

#114 Jan 24, 2008
Alexis wrote:
Congrats, Bruce!
who are you
This PDD is a NIGHTMARE

Highland, NY

#115 Jan 26, 2008
The Pine Barrens Commission will be sensible, unlike the 5 town board members who don't have a brain, and DENY a hardship to these greedy developers. These developers are despicable, and are NO FRIEND of Shoreham. They want what will give them the most $$$.... Bruce Barnet and Alex Ornstein, money, hungry developers, whose motto is, "Screw'em, give us the dough!"

Shoreham, you are screwed, and they are laughing all the way to the bank, especially FOLEY! The cry baby that he is, he can use some of the dollar bills from the developer's contributions to wipe his tears for losing his majority. You get what you deserve Foley, and more is on the way! You will hate these two years!
Foleys Folly

Highland, NY

#116 Feb 8, 2008
Foley is crying like a baby because he is in the minority. He claims he brought openness and honesty to the town, what a joke. Special interests control every decision he makes, Tall Grass for one. IF this plan goes through, it will be his legacy, of how he destroyed the NE portion of Brookhaven.
TALL GRASS is WRONG for SHOREHAM & the others in the area. The town council persons who took contributions, sold all of us out. Lets make sure they never forget it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Nov 16 ralf 13
horse boarding (Jan '13) Nov 15 Thomas k 65
Murder In Bonnieville Nov 14 whodunit 1
Review: Kimberly Purkess-Virga Nov 12 KIMBERLY PURKESS ... 1
Les Jardins, Coram NY (Feb '10) Nov 11 Fairfield propert... 16
Yaphank Jail (Aug '12) Oct 29 Special Ed 52
News Mt. Sinai schools probing sexual harassment claim (Mar '07) Oct 24 Jack_just_Jack 66

Shoreham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages