BROOKHAVEN: Tallgrass project approved -

BROOKHAVEN: Tallgrass project approved -

There are 116 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 17, 2007, titled BROOKHAVEN: Tallgrass project approved -. In it, Newsday reports that:

The Brookhaven Town Board approved the Tallgrass development in Shoreham last night over the objections of the councilman whose district encompasses the project and with significant changes to the final site ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Blackler

Medford, NY

#1 Oct 17, 2007
So much for preservation....we might as well vote the bond down. Brookhaven will find another use for the money anyway.
will not give

Fairfield, CT

#2 Oct 17, 2007
So much for the community not wanting it. Thanks Kevin McCarrick for trying, Big money wins again and the people lose. Brian Foley must go
SUFF RES

AOL

#3 Oct 17, 2007
PHONY FOLEY AT WORK AGAIN. LISTEN PEOPLE IF YOU VOTE FOR THIS PHONIEST OF POLITICIANS--YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE. HE IS HIS BEST PR MACHINE. ALL LIES. DO NOT GET SUCKERED IN AGAIN DON'T VOTE THIS CLOWN IN AGAIN PEOPLE. JUST LISTEN AND REALLY SEE. DONT BELIEVE WHAT HE LOOKS YOU STRAIGHT IN THE FACE AND TELLS YOU. HE IS A LIAR AND A PHONY. BE SMART ON ELECTION DAY.
investigative reporting

Edison, NJ

#4 Oct 17, 2007
How much did the developers give Foley's campaign? How much did the lawyers and expediters contibute to his campaign? There's the real story. C'mon Newsday let's see some real reporting. Whatever happened to the Woodward and Bernsteins of journalism? Does anyone care?
investigative reporting

Edison, NJ

#5 Oct 17, 2007
By the way, Kevin McCarrick is the only decent man to sit at the council meetings in the last twenty years. Thank you for your good service Mr. McCarrick. You have always been a credit to your community.
Fed Up

Millbrook, NY

#6 Oct 17, 2007
This a shame, now 25A will be a parking lot.

I think the real story is not how much money was given to the politicians campaign funds, but how much money was given to them under the table. Take a look at the campaign contributions that are posted online. Stragely Foley and the crew have received money from the developers and their lawyers- but the amounts seemed oddly small-$50 here $500 there, etc. This leads me to believe that maybe they must have received much larger sums into different accounts if you know what I mean.

Investigative Reporting is right- where are the Woodwards and Bernsteins of Newsday?
sue

Melville, NY

#7 Oct 17, 2007
I GUESS IF BROOKHAVEN TOWN KEEPS PUTTING STORES AND MALLS AND SHOPPING DISTRICTS ON ALL THEIR OPEN SPACE WE WON'T NOTICE THE COPIOUS AMOUNTS OF TRASH AND LITTER THAT CONSUMES THRIR HIGHWAYS AND STREETS.
wally

Spring Valley, NY

#8 Oct 17, 2007
what a joke save the land . thanks foley you make old crew look like altar boys.
Brookhaven Towns A DUMP

AOL

#9 Oct 17, 2007
Brookhavens last nice part of the north shore was sold by Brain Foley

VOT NO TO EVERYONE ON THAT TOWN LINE
AND DANNY THE CAR REPAIR KID.

Let him wash cars with his dad
exit56

Elizabeth, NJ

#10 Oct 17, 2007
It's a shame that a lot of ignorant people fought this project. Long Island is an ugly place, full of strip malls and lacking any sense of community. What's wrong with an attempt to develop a real town?

I wish they would bulldoze that hideous shopping center just west of Miller Avenue as part of the deal.
Alexis

Billerica, MA

#11 Oct 17, 2007
Congrats, Bruce!
wally

Spring Valley, NY

#12 Oct 17, 2007
let daddy put foley back at otb as clerk.
Native

Fairfield, CT

#13 Oct 17, 2007
Two republicans sat stone faced on that town board and voted against their fellow republican. All of those who voted in favor got money from the developer. The benefits are all based on numbers from the developer and no one questioned them. The whole idea of a developer giving public benefits is ridiculous because they are just pass-thru costs to the future residents anyway, doesn't anyone get it that developers aren't charities? What a debacle.
COUNCIL DISTRICTS

White Plains, NY

#14 Oct 17, 2007
are a waste! Why are the members of other districts receiving grants from the Tallgrass Developers? That vote just like all the others was
bought last night. Nothing has changed in our local government. They are two faced, self serving, arrogant bastards who are not putting the interest of the people first. Then Foley has the nerve to ask why people have lost faith in democracy. What a pc of *&it! I would vote for Mickey Mouse before I vote for him. He is totally incompetent to run Brookhaven.
COUNCIL DISTRICTS

White Plains, NY

#15 Oct 17, 2007
I forgot to mention that Foley was "out to lunch" with a big group of 2-piece suited men at PACE's Steak house last week. I guess they were wineing and dining him to thank him for his support!
ShorehamsFuture

Coram, NY

#16 Oct 17, 2007
(Shoreham Resident)The real work begins now... All residents: Contrary to what your politicians promised you, we were never getting to save this piece of land(SOD BUSINESS).
It's amazing that what has never been spoken about is the simplistic aspect of this transaction: the Sod Farm owner (Mr Delalio) wants to sell this land(SOD business essentially). Mr Ornstein wants to buy it and build a community. We as residents spoke loudly and essentially brought down the # of units from over 700(Day 1) to now 325. The system worked. The input of all was heard. Everyone had a seat at the table over 3.5 years..
Now - lets all get over it and paint the canvas with the best community on Long Island. I remain greatly positive of the future of Shoreham, It's Schools and this new community.

Shoreham - Time to heal and go forward in a positive manner
The Decider

Rye, NY

#17 Oct 17, 2007
Again the pols of this township show how they care about it's constitu...er...subjects. We don't count until this and election year. No wonder people are fleeing to other parts of the country. Brookhaven taxes are over inflated. Brookhaven public services are deflated. Each party, other then the 2 endorse the Dems or the Reps. Whoe screwing who? Think about it!
Joyce

Wetumpka, AL

#18 Oct 17, 2007
Oh yes, just keep clearing the land and building more houses that can't be sold and building more stores that go out of business - just keep creating more blight for the residents...and keep raising the taxes to keep you politicians well heeled. Brookhaven was once a pretty place to live...no more. I'm glad I'm out of ther. Good luck to all of you who still live there. It is a losing battle. The "leaders" don't give a rat's a-- about what the people want or need.
The People Be Damned

White Plains, NY

#19 Oct 17, 2007
Let's face it--this was all about the teachers union getting more money for their over the top benefits. They don't care about the community because if they did they would realize this development will adversely affect downtown Rocky Point. So much for downtown revitalization.
Kevin we love you are a class act. How dare those other council reps vote against you especially Kepert--she is so tied into the union she can't see straight. Look at what she and Foley did to us here in Yaphank with Caithness
oh brother

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#20 Oct 17, 2007
COUNCIL DISTRICTS wrote:
are a waste! Why are the members of other districts receiving grants from the Tallgrass Developers? That vote just like all the others was
bought last night. Nothing has changed in our local government. They are two faced, self serving, arrogant bastards who are not putting the interest of the people first. Then Foley has the nerve to ask why people have lost faith in democracy. What a pc of *&it! I would vote for Mickey Mouse before I vote for him. He is totally incompetent to run Brookhaven.
AND these types of politicians will not sleep well at night until they've blighted our Island completely - It's gonna look like the Bronx! Burned out stores, buildings, project housing, and then these men will feel Long Islanders got what they deserved for not appreciating their political "services". If any one believes in God anymore, NOW is the TIME to storm heavens gates with your prayers for God to intervene on behalf of his own people here! People, you and God are a majority! Wake up! He's NOT dead!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horse boarding (Jan '13) Tue Jake off 72
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Dec 6 madoff sindrome 18
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Dec 1 Don W 15
Whiskey Road something needs to change (Dec '09) Nov 27 Denise Arnold bip... 7
looking for a women to have a threesome with me... (Aug '11) Nov 27 I post here 7
Review: Island Veterinary Hospital - Shona Balb... (Jun '09) Nov 26 MicheleM 19
News Animal Hoarder Busted on Long Island (Apr '13) Nov 24 Lynda 25

Shoreham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages