Farmingville, NY
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Greed and Distruction

Bronx, NY

#21 Dec 23, 2013
Town OKs rezoning for Farmingville center they should think about this…

ja31971

Bronx, NY

#22 Dec 26, 2013
I grew up in Farmingville. I wrote a song about it. Check it out...

http://soundcloud.com/john-albert-ny/farmingv...
Smokin Joe

Bronx, NY

#23 Dec 29, 2013
ja31971 wrote:
I grew up in Farmingville. I wrote a song about it. Check it out...
http://soundcloud.com/john-albert-ny/farmingv...
Great song of growing up in Farmingville. Moved here in 1961 from Brooklyn and have seen some big changes not always for the best.
Master Historian

Shoreham, NY

#24 Jan 2, 2014
Formal procedures are now underway to rename Farmingville East Mexico
Albert

Bronx, NY

#25 Jan 8, 2014
Master Historian wrote:
Formal procedures are now underway to rename Farmingville East Mexico
Suffolk has become just like Nassau- an over-crowded sea of parking lots and houses that make you feel more like you're living in Queens than in suburbia.

With the taxes you all pay to live in that stye, the streets should be paved with gold. Instead, they're littered with crap and traffic, and the pols get rich on your money while using it to destroy your quality of life.

Yes...just what LI needs..."Hero" half the strip-malls, stores, factories and warehouses sit empty.

I remember Farmingville, when Horseblock was still a 2-lane road, when I was a kid. It was quiet and beautiful- a nice town nestled in woods and hills. Now, it's just another nondescript place in which to house the labor force.

What a crime, what they've done to that whole island- which was once such a beautiful and unique place.

I left 12 years ago. Never been back since. Let the waves of immigrants from Brooklyn have it....nothing there for 1st-world people anymore.

Report this post
Smokin Joe

Ronkonkoma, NY

#27 May 23, 2014
Long Island

Ronkonkoma, NY

#28 Aug 22, 2014
Josh

Ronkonkoma, NY

#29 Oct 26, 2014
We don't have a southern border or rule of law on immigration. This is what happens when globalization fails and multiculturalism fails hard. The price is western society. White people will make up 47% of the population by 2050 from a high of 85% in 1960's.

If you think that isn't a bad statistic you need to move to Mexico. Call it whatever you want but having huge net influxes of people is not good for wages, living standards, or social services.
Jayar

Centereach, NY

#30 Apr 21, 2016
Carolyn wrote:
The Terry's are my ancestors and I'd like to know mor about them. Where should I look? Mowbray Terry was my great-great grandfather.
History...

Chuck

Chester, NY

#31 Aug 8, 2016
Neighborhood

Chester, NY

#32 Dec 29, 2016
Anonymous

Holbrook, NY

#33 Feb 15, 2017
Jayar wrote:
History of Farmingville 1700's

# 1731: Holtsville and Farmingville come under the “Great Division of Land” known as “Lots South of County Road” laid out May 4th, for 55 Drawers (lots).

# 1749: Daniel Terry is the first taxpayer in Brookhaven Town. He is deeded 1000 acres for 17 shillings and 10 pence.

# 1760: Gershom Terry (d. 1777) leaves Southold and begins farming in S. Koram, called Highland Farm, across Mooney Ponds Road, South to Furros Road.

# 1770: The first settlers come to Farmingville. The first roads are named Pond Road, Horseblock Road, Farm to Market Road and Portion Road.

# 1771: The eastern part of Granny Road is surveyed and cut from “Granny” Larsen’s home to what is today’s Route 112.

# 1772: The western part of Granny Road is surveyed and cut.

# 1774: Waverly Avenue is named. It has been called Port Jefferson Road, Stage Road, and the road to Waverly over the previous years.

# 1785: Daniel Terry now owns all the land from Mooney Ponds Road to Rulands at Farm to Market Road, Koram,(which today is S.E. of Route 112).

# 1790: Washington wrote in his diary, of 7 or 8 farms in the area and “Within two miles of Koram there are farms, but the land is on indefferent quality much mixed with sand:” He wrote of “Intolerable Hills. Land survey labeled as “The Pine Barrens” or “Bald Hills.” These hills were barren of heavy tree growth thus their name. A survey map shows five homes: 3 on Granny Road including David Terry’s (where Hansen’s gas station stood on the corner of Harmon and Horseblock Road), and 1 east of Granny Road which was Timothy Brewster Terry’s. Daniel Terry’s house was at junction of Horseblock Road and Mooney Pond.
Hi, I am a student interning with the Farmingville Historical Society and I was wondering if I would be able to get into contact with you. It seems that you have a lot of information which is wonderful and I would love to get a chance to pick your brain. Thankyou
Chuck

Chester, NY

#34 Feb 22, 2017
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

Hi, I am a student interning with the Farmingville Historical Society and I was wondering if I would be able to get into contact with you. It seems that you have a lot of information which is wonderful and I would love to get a chance to pick your brain. Thankyou
Farmingville...
https://soundcloud.com/john-albert-ny/farming...
Chuck

Chester, NY

#35 Mar 6, 2017
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>

http://farmingvillehistoricalsociety.org/hist...
Chuck

Chester, NY

#36 Mar 27, 2017
100 million for new housing...

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Farmingv...
Chuck

Chester, NY

#37 Mar 29, 2017
Chuck wrote:
100 million for new housing...

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Farmingv...
Farmingville’s $100M Arboretum Project postponed a year

The Arboretum Project would be on 65 acres of land.
The residential portion would have 51 single-family homes, 164 two-bedroom apartments, 63 town houses, 14 three-bedroom units and a 7,500-square-foot clubhouse for residents.
A 7,728-square-foot sewage treatment plant would be built at the site to process more than 150,000 gallons of waste daily.
The development would include a 7.28-acre public park and 1.66 acres of ponds and additional recreational areas for Arboretum residents.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) May 21 ODIN SLEPNIER 561
News Mineola man missing after he took wife to LIRR ... May 19 Boobee1212 1
Public Safety SCCC Selden (Oct '16) May 18 Student 14
News YOUR COMMUNITY WATCHDOG: Debating the safety of... (Jan '08) May 18 Norman Snead 73
deep resource .wordpress.com they f..cking germ... (Jul '15) May 17 dags 10
Choya Farm (Oct '16) May 15 Bruce 13
News Charges Filed In LI Chimney Sweep Scam (Feb '06) May 11 Lisa 337

Shoreham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages