Waiver denied for Shoreham's Tall Gra...

Waiver denied for Shoreham's Tall Grass Village Center

There are 19 comments on the Newsday story from May 22, 2008, titled Waiver denied for Shoreham's Tall Grass Village Center. In it, Newsday reports that:

Tall Grass Village Center, a controversial 352-home development in Shoreham, was denied a key waiver yesterday in a move opponents of the project trumpeted as a victory for land preservation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Haywood Jablowme

Katonah, NY

#1 May 22, 2008
what a bunch of crap........scrap the golf course and build houses
Dalton Trumbo

New York, NY

#2 May 22, 2008
The 1st Ammendment allows golf course owners to build homes.
WakeUpPeople

Warren, NJ

#3 May 22, 2008
Dalton Trumbo wrote:
The 1st Ammendment allows golf course owners to build homes.
Better go back to your Constitutional Law class. The 1st Amendment addresses the freedom of religion, speech, and assembly
Bill of Rights
Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.
roseanne

Harrogate, TN

#5 May 31, 2008
I can't believe whats happening in Shoreham. People are moving out everyday because nothing happens to help the tax payers. I guess we just have to wait and see how many homes go in forclosure within the next year because of taxes. Look at the businesses, there starving. You may have more empty land and vacant homes than you need. Will that help Shoreham. Bring us a great Shoreham Town with great stores and small restaurants . Take a look at Stonytrook Village. The homes there sell fast. Stonybrook Village has charm. Music, Christmas Shows, Lighting of a Tree at Christmas. Horse and Buggy Rides. Shoreham will never change for the better because of people who do not want change. very sad. I
CORRECT DECISION RENDERED

Highland, NY

#6 Jun 14, 2008
Shoreham will NEVER be a Stony Brook! Well maybe in the village at the shoreline, but they wouldn't want this PDD there! You can't drop a city in a rural town, no matter what. This area couldn't handle the traffic and our schools can't hold the extra load.
Thank God the Pine Barrens Commission followed the LAW. A concept many can't comprehend it seems. The town didn't follow SEQRA law, go figure. See this website that shows the documents to prove it: www.capddinfo.com You'll see how well Foley and his team did on this one... NOT!
roe

Englishtown, NJ

#7 Jan 26, 2009
Long Island is in serious trouble... Take a good look at Shoreham, the taxes we pay do nothing to beautify the town (we have no town ) The people in charge are failing the Shoreham community. Nothing has changed in Shoreham. The small stores owned by ..........do ok, not much competition for them... Wake up Shoreham. Create jobs for our families. Make people want to live in Shoreham. Its time for change and change won't happen without the people of shoreham making it happen.
Shoreham is Perfect Now

Highland, NY

#8 Jan 26, 2009
I am thankful to live in Shoreham. I moved out here to get out of the commercialized area I lived in before. Our local stores don't need more cometition. In this economy, who can afford to go shopping anyway. Thank God that Tallgrass PDD was stopped in its' track. It would have been the destruction of this wonderful community.
Keep Shoreham as it is; beautiful, non-commercialized, a place where anyone would want to live!
roe

Englishtown, NJ

#9 Jan 27, 2009
I use to live in brooklyn and I loved the excitement of meeting people, having many stores with owners that were friendly. Some people like to be alone and live in a quiet place with nothing to do. The only clothing store near Shoreham is Kohls. I'm happy the PDD did not stop that.......
roe

Englishtown, NJ

#10 Jan 27, 2009
Living near town centers is the future for growth. Seniors can enjoy walking, shopping and meeting people in the village. Huntington village is great. We enjoy spending the afternoon in Stonybrook or Huntington Village. Stonybrook village has bands during the summer. All bring chairs and enjoy the music. The children enjoy the christmas tree lighting and Santa visits. I wish the people who planned Stonybrook could plan the Shoreham Village. You don't need a shoreline....
larry

AOL

#11 Jun 1, 2009
Hey roe, do us a favor for those of us who live in shoreham, stay in stonybrook or huntington village. enjoy those two places , just leave us alone in shoreham. we dont need uninformed OUTSIDERS telling us how we should live.Or if you like you can move back to brooklyn or where ever you came from and enjoy all the thing you like...
roe

Englishtown, NJ

#12 Jul 20, 2009
larry wrote:
Hey roe, do us a favor for those of us who live in shoreham, stay in stonybrook or huntington village. enjoy those two places , just leave us alone in shoreham. we dont need uninformed OUTSIDERS telling us how we should live.Or if you like you can move back to brooklyn or where ever you came from and enjoy all the thing you like...
Larry: You may wind up being alone in Shoreham....
larry

AOL

#13 Jul 21, 2009
roe wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry: You may wind up being alone in Shoreham....
If you spoke to the MAJORITY of people who live in Shoreham you would find out they think the same way...we dont need outside developers and outsiders to tell us what we are missing or what we need in this town.
albert

AOL

#14 Jul 21, 2009
roseanne wrote:
I can't believe whats happening in Shoreham. People are moving out everyday because nothing happens to help the tax payers. I guess we just have to wait and see how many homes go in forclosure within the next year because of taxes. Look at the businesses, there starving. You may have more empty land and vacant homes than you need. Will that help Shoreham. Bring us a great Shoreham Town with great stores and small restaurants . Take a look at Stonytrook Village. The homes there sell fast. Stonybrook Village has charm. Music, Christmas Shows, Lighting of a Tree at Christmas. Horse and Buggy Rides. Shoreham will never change for the better because of people who do not want change. very sad. I
LOL you must be kidding.This town is doing just fine,I dont know where you get your information but i think you are just making it up LOL...The small shopping center here is booming.We have a great bagle store to sit and have a coffee and meet with old and new friends. Several places to get take out and just about any other store that a small town would need..We also have a great school which has all kinds of things going on for the townspeople...i think you must be related to that developer that wanted to build here lol....
roe

Englishtown, NJ

#15 Jan 22, 2010
Jan 2010

Wow Long Island is doing great, Forclosures are up,people are moving out, no jobs. It's great to have all this empty land to look at isn't it. All you people who stop builders from wanting to invest in Shoreham and other eastern long island communities.have won....or have you......
roe

Englishtown, NJ

#16 Jan 22, 2010
I'm not related to that builder.
long time shoreham guy

AOL

#17 Feb 13, 2010
roe wrote:
Jan 2010
Wow Long Island is doing great, Forclosures are up,people are moving out, no jobs. It's great to have all this empty land to look at isn't it. All you people who stop builders from wanting to invest in Shoreham and other eastern long island communities.have won....or have you......
after reading your comments , I have an idea that you dont like where you are now living.I think you should move back to brooklin where you would be much happier.there you will have all the things there, that you are missing,crowds, noise,dirt,smoke
roe

Englishtown, NJ

#18 May 11, 2010
Life in manhattan is great........
Mike

Bedminster, NJ

#19 May 15, 2010
Rocky Point started out as a bungalow community, turned into a dumpy squalid little berg, shoreham had its wealthy beach area north of 25a, south of 25a were always lower class woking families who suddenly believe they are (above it all) and (civics)(makes you want to vomit) these same (rednecks living south of 25a) are opposed to any new projects, just to throw their weight around, they have no concept about what they are talking about, these same rednecks opposed 2 doctors back in the 1970's who wanted to build a hospital on the same (tallgrass acreage), duh they had no foresight about the future high paying jobs a hospital would have brought to the shoreham community, so these descendents of (rednecks) sit gleefully shouting VCTORY over tallgrass, yeh, once an ignorant redneck, always an ignorant redneck!
Joey

Bedminster, NJ

#20 May 16, 2010
Ode to Jane Bonner:

Where have all the careers and jobs gone,
Long time passing,
Where have all the taxpayers gone,
Long time ago,
Where have all the voters gone
Gone with every,everyone,
When will Jane Bonner learn
When will she ever learn,

Verse 2

Here comes election day,
Here comes the throng,
Here comes election day
Time to vote out Janey Bird
When the voters bounce her out
When there are no more Jobs
When there are no more Jobs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
horse boarding (Jan '13) Tue Jake off 72
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) Dec 6 madoff sindrome 18
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Dec 1 Don W 15
Whiskey Road something needs to change (Dec '09) Nov 27 Denise Arnold bip... 7
looking for a women to have a threesome with me... (Aug '11) Nov 27 I post here 7
Review: Island Veterinary Hospital - Shona Balb... (Jun '09) Nov 26 MicheleM 19
News Animal Hoarder Busted on Long Island (Apr '13) Nov 24 Lynda 25

Shoreham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages