LIPA exploring future routes for old nuclear site

Full story: Newsday

Fourteen years after the Shoreham nuclear power plant was completely decommissioned, Long Island Power Authority officials held a meeting Friday -- and conducted a tour for local officials -- as they consider ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of114
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Bill

Whippany, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

I suggest a prison to house Fat Richie Kessel, Irv Like, Dick Amper, Pat Halpin, Mario Coumo, the board of Newsday, the board of Bear Stearns and the current and former LIPA board. We can make part a work camp for these worms who made a living and carreer out of closing this needed energy resourse. The second part can be a mental institution for the idiot Long Islanders who followed their lead. Maybe a museam dedicated to political pandering and corruption. A wing can be dedicated to the scum who make billions selling LIPA bonds. of course an area dedicated to Newsdays constant stupidity is a must!
Hmmm

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Why don't they just build a bank vault to store all the money that they keep pillaging from us.
Loyal Democrat

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

Here is a novel idea about what to do with the old nuclear plant...

Build a new one.

We need it.
Jessie Jackson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

we need to sue the dust for settling on those papers and documents....... but really what a ****ing waste of money and no way to even discuss the nuclear option as a way to energy independence..
ebenezer scrooge

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

How about opening it . The north shore has reaped the benefits of it being there, how about actually using it. Some people need to get a clue and realize that it is safe to run and would help with the financial end of electric bills.
How difficult is it

Fort Lee, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Sell the acreage, retire the bonds, and reduce our rates.
Mr Sulu

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

Bill wrote:
I suggest a prison to house Fat Richie Kessel, Irv Like, Dick Amper, Pat Halpin, Mario Coumo, the board of Newsday, the board of Bear Stearns and the current and former LIPA board. We can make part a work camp for these worms who made a living and carreer out of closing this needed energy resourse. The second part can be a mental institution for the idiot Long Islanders who followed their lead. Maybe a museam dedicated to political pandering and corruption. A wing can be dedicated to the scum who make billions selling LIPA bonds. of course an area dedicated to Newsdays constant stupidity is a must!
Good Lord, Bill, I couldn't have said it better myself.

When you look at your next energy bill, remember the Long Island taxpayers will spend decades paying off hundred of millions of wasted dollars by closing a power plant that would have REDUCED your costs. in terms of gov't waste and stupidity, it is second to none ... except Newsday, the all time leader in corruption and mismanagement.
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

I KNOW I KNOW!!!!

An "upscale" mall !!!!!!!!!!
I used to care

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

It would make a nice site for a marina / boat ramp launch. If I am not mistaken they alreadt use the site for a power and transfer station run off natural gas. Ferry would not be smart being near the widest point of the sound!
It should have NEVER been shut down.
MCR

Richmond Hill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

Open the dang thing NOW!!!
Spike

Miller Place, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

One option not on the table is to reopen Shoreham as a nuclear power plant site.

This is ridiculous. Nuclear power is the future of this country whether you like it or not. Even environmentalists acknowledge this. The "not in my backyard" sentiment is selfish and stupid. How about LIPA pulls the plug on those greedy Shoreham people? How about no power? We all have something in our backyard and that will only increase - so get used to it, shut up and join the team.
MCR

Richmond Hill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Bill wrote:
Mostly agree - but leave Mario Cuomo alone - you can substitute Babylon Town Stupidvisor Steve Bellone instead
jim

Warren, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Open the Nuke plant like it should of years ago before Mario the homo Como found he had no spine and did what only a few no nukers wanted..
Peace Frog

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Rebuild it.
Beast

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Mr Sulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Lord, Bill, I couldn't have said it better myself.
When you look at your next energy bill, remember the Long Island taxpayers will spend decades paying off hundred of millions of wasted dollars by closing a power plant that would have REDUCED your costs. in terms of gov't waste and stupidity, it is second to none ... except Newsday, the all time leader in corruption and mismanagement.
Put Bill and Mr. Sulu in charge!
For Sulu and Bill

Bayonne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

How about we'll store the spent fuel rods in your backyards. Whaddaya think? You can barbeque from the heat they'll give off and develop a nice tan from the escaping radiation. And, when your children begin to grow third eyes and extra limbs, you can exhibit them in a freak show. There's money to be made.
Resident

Edison, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

I did not reap ant benefits from the plant. I bought here as taxes were going sky high. I just like the area. I agree; the plant should have opened, but outside protesters managed to get it shut down. Now that it's nothing but a monstrous blot on the landscape and can't be used for nuclear power, tear the ugly thing down and build something more suitable to the area. Another public beach would be nice, but not profitable enough for the blood-suckers. Maybe a beach and a marina. Definitely not a ferry terminal. It would flood the area with traffic and destroy the bucolic nature of the north shore.
omegaman

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

How about turning it into a indoor ski park?
Strong Island

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

Its funny how the people saying to keep it shut down are the same people bitching about utility costs. Nuclear power plants are the safest form of energy, period!

Since: Sep 07

Ronkonkoma, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

First, change the law that prohibits LIPA from operating a nuclear power plant, then re-open Shoreham.
We are smarter than our idiot parents were 14 years ago. They should have fought harder to keep it open.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of114
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Suffolk County was issued at April 24 at 7:13PM EDT

•••
•••

Shoreham News Video

•••
Shoreham Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Shoreham Jobs

•••