Tallgrass succeeds where Links at Shi...

Tallgrass succeeds where Links at Shirley didn't

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 17, 2010, titled Tallgrass succeeds where Links at Shirley didn't. In it, Newsday reports that:

In the current golf economy, some courses will be up and others will be out. Photo credit: Newsday / J. Conrad Williams Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“My rottie wants belly rubs”

Since: Jun 07

A few blocks from the Ocean

#1 Mar 18, 2010
Too bad the article does not say the real reason why the Links failed. Way too pricey...done that way for a reason.
guest11967

AOL

#2 Mar 19, 2010
I think the Links was never planned to make money. It was overpriced and with no catering facilites to handle golf outings,etc that was no way it was ever going to succeed.
Puzzled

East Northport, NY

#3 Mar 19, 2010
I had my daughters Christening there and it was excellent
guest11967

AOL

#4 Mar 19, 2010
The facilty was not able to be used for large events like golf outings or weddings like many other golf courses. Had the owners built a large catering facility like they kept promising they might have made some good money on events. Also had the golf fees been comprable with most other courses people would have used the course more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) 15 hr Watchman 209
News 3rd suspect in murder of 2 men found dismembered (Aug '08) Wed Dindu Nuffin 181
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Wed 11951Ratdog 86
GD Designs Rochdale Wed pantaskan20 1
SCCC Destruction of Nature (Dec '12) Aug 20 Rick the custodian 17
KKK Ignorance Aug 17 Sunshineretirednow 1
upton days 2016 Aug 14 Resident 5

Shoreham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages